Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Organic/Natural Lipsticks - compare?

9 posts, 5 members
AmandaJane
1147 posts
I don't think I've been in this forum more than once all the time I've been a member. How sad is that? lol

I'm actually really trying to get into makeup again and brought the Living Nature Lipstick Summer Rain recently. I must say I do like their packaging, very swish.

I'm wondering if anyone has any contrast and compare with organic/certified natural lipsticks?

I was looking at the Karen Murrel ones in the pharmacy recently and now nothing comes to the packaging standards of Living Nature for me hah but it's the product that matters so:

I'm wondering what the Antipodes ones are like now and want to try them out.

Does anyone have any favourites amongst brands? :)
chelseaadelaide
703 posts
I have tried both Living Nature and Karen Murrell and I personally prefer the Karen Murrell lipsticks. They are more pigmented and therefore longer lasting, and I prefer the colour range. I like bold lipsticks so the Karen Murrell ones are more suited to me, whereas the Living Nature are a little more subtle. Plus, the Karen Murrell lipsticks are $10 cheaper :) 
AmandaJane
1147 posts
True that is a fair bit of difference in price and the Karen Murrel ones are lovely colours too. I'm not sure I would have got the Living Nature one on it's own, I brought it because it had  a GWP so it was a good deal. 

I just looked on the Antipodes website and they are mid priced at $34. Interesting how they all have different pricing. The market must be very competitive here though. :)
Farmers-Wife
2052 posts
How do they wear? I haven't tried either of them
Macs
5351 posts
I haven't tried organic lipsticks either. I recal those Karen Murrel lipsticks in one of the vaults a while ago. I read the reviews and I was undecided about getting them. Have you tried them yet?
AmandaJane
1147 posts
I think the Living Nature one pretty much wears like any other lipstick tbh. You have to reapply after eating and also a hot cuppa didn't help.

Neither did an application of the lip hydrator first help either which I thought I'd read somewhere could be useful but now I can't find the article again. The lipstick just kind of slid off so I cleaned up and tried the lipstick just on it's own but it took three coats with blotting it in between.

It would probably have helped if I had used a lip liner too. I'll try that tommorrow and write a review up. Might just go to the cosmetics counter tomorrow too and pick one of the other two up then I'll have something to compare :)

AmandaJane
1147 posts
I ended up buying a Living Nature mascara. Haven't opened it yet though :)
annanguyen
142 posts
I tried the Karen Murrell Natural Lipsticks and love them. They are so pigmented, moisturising and smell amazing! Love their red lipsticks, absolutely gorgeous
AmandaJane
1147 posts
They do sound good I must say, from the feedback here.

I was looking at Antipodes lipstick today and they are a rich colour too and a different texture than the Living Nature which are more glossy.

It will be the Karen Murrell that I go for first though I think now. Thanks for the recommendation.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!