Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Wrinkly under eyes :D

12 posts, 9 members
SarahJ
4 posts
Hi There! Does anyone have any good recommendations for under eye concealer/brightener that doesn't crease too much ?
Sylvia
149 posts
Depending on how much you want to spend, there are definitely a few options out there. :) I really love MAC Pro Longwear concealer, as I find it gives really good coverage and basically doesn't crease at all on me - I know a lot of other people love it too. But it is $40 which is a bit pricey! Otherwise, the Collection Lasting Perfection concealer has got rave reviews on here, and heaps of people have said it's great for dark undereyes (I personally find it creases a bit on me, but definitely not as much as some others). As with anything though, prepping the skin well can really help with how it looks/lasts. A good eye cream/gel and a tiny bit of setting powder often prevents it from settling (although some concealers just crease no matter what!!).
Hope that helps a bit! xx
SarahJ
4 posts
Awesome thanks for that!! Looks like I'm going to have to take my first trip to mac! :)
Lutece
1849 posts
I have the same issue! Mac pro longwear does seem to not crease as much compared to other brands but ive seen tarte have a creaseless concealer that ive been wanting to try, wayne goss says adding more moisturiser to under your eyes and letting it sit for a bit will hydrate the under eyes and it does really work but you need a little more time to wait a bit
emann
73 posts
Bobbie brown does a really nice under eye concealer. It comes with concealer and powder. It is a bit pricey but really nice. The mac pro long wear is nice as well. I have both and depending on how dry my under eye is i choose which one. They will both last a long time.
michelleburne
229 posts
I think I'm going to try that Wayne Goss trick, I have far less wrinkles under my eyes , actually close to only a couple of little creases when I have no makeup on, but I'm not going makeupless anywhere. I use a mousse foundation and certainly dont cake it on, but they still look prominent. Thanks for the tip. 
Macs
5351 posts
Im gonna try that trick too.
Bayley
238 posts
Maybe try starting with your skin routine. Perhaps using a nice mositurising, plumping oil like rosehip under the eyes before bed would help combat the problem at the source. I use this and I don't have issues with udnereye creasing.

I also use rimmel wake me up concealer which is reflective and very cheap and I set it with the E.L.F undereye powder.
k3r1pakai
1185 posts
I've tried a new thing this week & it's been such a good thing. So my eyes are aged & have become dry with fine lines. And at times I've found my concealer starting to settle into my lines or when I set the powder settles into these lines looking cakey & dry. So I've been doing my normal routine eye cream moisterizer primer then using the skinfood coconut oil onto my eye area only the smallest amount & wow my eyes are hydrated & my concealer sets nicely without any cakey drying look. Have a try if you have these type of issues with your concealer
Macs
5351 posts
I was going to start a thread about this. I been seeing tutorials and quick clips of girls adding oil before laying their foundation. I wanted to find out what oil their using. I'm using rosehip a lot it repairs my skin easily. I'm scared of using setting powder because have lines under my eyes as well. There's still hope for me yet.
k3r1pakai
1185 posts
I'm oily combo skin type so I wouldn't myself use oil under my foundation just to deter the oil slick look but a little tiny drop on my ring finget applied to my eye contour area has done wonders for saving the crease after setting & my eyes look hydrated all day I only took my make up off (about 11pm) with eyeshadow & my eyes were good all day no creasing or caking.
lisarayes
3 posts
It is actually very difficult finding a crease free concealer. I have used a couple but none of those matched my expectations. Personally, my best so far is Nars Radiant Creamy concealer. 

It comes in 10 shades and blurs the lines and wrinkles without looking obvious cover up.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!