Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

My Eye of Horus Prize pack

37 posts, 33 members
SandieNZ
424 posts
In case anyone is interested, I sent an email to the beautiful BR babes this morning to say a HUGE thankyou for the EOH pack I won.  I chose the Isis Eyeshadow Palette, the Emerald and Sultry Serpentine pencils, and the mascara.  Here's part of my email...

"It arrived one work morning, and because I work with a bunch of smelly boys who would totally have ruined the moment, I decided to leave it till I got home before I opened it.  Once I had sorted dinner, housework and put the kids to bed, I ran a bubble bath and lit some candles to create this whole decadent atmosphere (I’m such a dork!). There was that lovely note from the BR babes, as well as another lovely one from the EOH ladies, it made it all feel really special and personalised.  The pack was wrapped in black tissue paper with the most gorgeous eye sticker holding it closed.  When I unwrapped it the first thing I noticed was an extra little present, it’s the most gorgeous eyemask ever – it’s black with gold writing and says Don’t wake the Goddess – it’s fabulous ?  When I’d made my selection of products I couldn’t choose between the teal and the emerald pencil and had asked if EOH could select the one that compliments hazel eyes the best.   It was quite exciting really to have that extra little bit of anticipation seeing which one was sent!  The EOH girls had picked the Emerald pencil and it was the perfect choice, the colour is just stunning, and really does compliment my eye colour beautifully.  The Sultry Serpentine pencil is this stunning blend of green and gold and has the most amazing shine to it.  The Isis palette goes really well with both the pencils, the colours are really versatile too and can be worn as a subtle daywear, a really stunning evening look and used as a facial highlighter too. And then there was the mascara…..oh the mascara…..to be honest I was somewhat sceptical.  In a few of my reviews I’ve said what a mascara whore I am (I think I toned it down a bit lol), I am always on the search for my holy grail of mascaras, and because I have tried sooooo many I really didn’t think this would live up to all my expectations.  I am thrilled to say I was completely wrong!!!  This mascara is beyond words, I’ve actually created whole novels in my mind for days on end to try and capture just how amazing this is, but nothing I come up with seems adequate.  My review is going to take some time I think!  It applies so beautifully, it curls my lashes so naturally, it doesn’t flake or smudge, it lasts all day, it doesn’t clump but covers everything, it’s easy to remove, doesn’t leave panda eyes, it really is magic.  I really need to take a before and after photo to show just how miraculous it is.

Am I a lucky girl or what?!  :)
MicheleC
419 posts
And this is why you so deserved to win such a great prize, You didn't take it foregranted and you demonstrated your gratitude in such a beautiful and eloquent way. The BR Team will have printed it and stuck it on the board no doubt. This is one of the lovely things about the BR community - we share and care.

Also glad to read you gave your self a fabulous evening of pampering to celebrate. Enjoy the EOH products and spend hours looking gorgeous.
skingeek
537 posts
I'm glad it went to someone so grateful! Congrats n good on you x
Charmmy-Kitty
639 posts
Awww this is so sweet! Congrats to you! Such an amazing thing to read and this is why I love BR.
MareeB
5244 posts
Well done  -you deserve it! It's lovely to read that you enjoyed it so much :)

MareeB
5244 posts
Well done  -you deserve it! It's lovely to read that you enjoyed it so much :)

triffid
151 posts
Its so nice to hear all about this and they obviously chose the perfect winner.
I love hearing how much you appreciate it and agree a before and after photo would be good .
Enjoy your prize and I hope it adds something special to your life too
Macs
5351 posts
Congrats to you doll. 
STORM03
94 posts
woop woop, congratulations girly. :D <3 i am so happy for you, and i love the email... and have as much enjoyment and pampering as you can dream of. :D <3 congrats again. <3
melly650
375 posts
Aww sweet! Love it! Congrats again hun!
100_percent_ash
488 posts
I have hazel eyes too I think I'll have to get the same pencils as you they sound phenomenal
tannygirl
3392 posts
Congrats. I'm glad the prize went to someone who was going to write a good review and was grateful.
Kia
550 posts
Lovely to see this kind of response! Most people, myself included, wouldn't have thought twice about sending a letter of thankyou! Such a lovely person! 
Farmers-Wife
2052 posts
Wow! Just wow!!! I am soooooo happy you won it. I love the fact you had the bath and candle. You made a wonderful prize into a experience you won't forget.

I absolutely love the email you sent to the BR ladies. 
SandieNZ
424 posts
Aww, thanks ladies - you are all so kind :)  I think that's what I love about BR so much, is that everyone seems really genuine and thoughtful and just an amazing bunch of girls :)
Mila
1209 posts
Congratulations a very lucky and well deserving lady indeed !!  :)...You have further resold me on the mascara !! when my current benefit mascara runs out I am trying this f or sure !! :)

and your right smelly boys would have ruined the moment :)
SandyGedge
394 posts
Awesome :-) congratulations on winning such a awesome prize
Congratulations chick, it sounds like you definitely deserved it and I hope you enjoy the products! By the way, you are so not a dork with the way you chose to open it. I think that's brilliant!!
MAGPIEFI
615 posts
congrats :) it's such awesome stuff, I just love it, lovely letter, I know you will enjoy it xx
xxraychillxx
24 posts
congrats you seem like a lovely person and you truly deserved it !!

x
pintsize
1072 posts
Congratulations :) and what a lovely word of recognition to the BR and EOH crews
I am sure it made their day knowing that they have made someone elses (I know I am smiling after reading it too).

Hopefully you will post some pics of some new looks to inspire the rest of us ;)
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
Awww congratulations hun, and it sounds so well deserved too.  I loved reading your post, and BR are just fabulous and would have loved getting such a wonderful email from you.  Enjoy your goodies sweets xxx
chikoboo
3402 posts
Oooo congrats that's an awesome prize!! I personally love my EOH goddess pencil the quality is outstanding.   The mascara and Isis palettes are top of my lists of wants when I get around to buying for myself again in the new year =) 
Congrats xxx
That's just fantastic. What a wonderful prize. Congratulations :-)
Abi
29 posts
I'm so happy that you had such a lovely experience with such an awesome prize and that was a great email - I think you transported us all into that special place for just a moment!  And I've certainaly got to treat myself to the mascarra :)
MicheleC
419 posts
I started to read your email again. You say "if anyone is interested" - I had to smile. Oh course we are interested!! Goes without saying - we love to share the things we got no matter how we got them. How do we usually express support for each other.... "that's a fabulous colour, looks great on you, even if it wouldn't work on me".... We love the colours, the looks, the playing, the sharing. 
xjayloux
900 posts
Love the email! EOH products are amazing <3 
Kellyleanne
551 posts
That's so lovely, what a fantastic prize to a deserving lady! Can't wait to try some of the eye of Horus products- sound amazing.
bronjenks
253 posts
Thats such a lovely and descriptive email, lol.  Made me feel like I was there with you sharing the moment.  Such a deserving winner, would love to see some pics sometime. :-)
spooks26
108 posts
Absolutely loved your email .Congrats to you.looking forward to reading your reviews :-)
jessickaxnz
1176 posts
This is such a sweet and heart warming email, you clearly deserve such an amazing prize because you're an amazing, gracious winner and a total sweet heart. Glad you shared this :)
Stelle90
120 posts
Awesome! Loved this email, you definitely deserved this xx
Stelle90
120 posts
Awesome! Loved this email, you definitely deserved this xx
sophie4cats
139 posts
This actually made me so happy to read! So glad you loved it, and it was really lovely to include all of us in your special prize (: Congrats!!
Mandz
86 posts
Congrats :) what a lovely thread to read...would love to see the mascara before and after pictures
MissQT
1547 posts
Congrats 1mamabear, sounds like you chose some awesome products and I look forward to reading your reviews

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!