Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Eyebrow Product with Spoolie

20 posts, 10 members
thirtywinks
60 posts
Hi guys! Does anyone know of a good eyebrow product that has a spoolie? I'm currently using the eyebrow powder from The Face Shop but it's a separate tiny spoolie that I've dropped too many times than I can count. Haha! There are too many products available in the market but if I can shortlist in any way that would be awesome. :)
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Billion Dollar Brows universal pencil and the Bare Minerals equivalent both have excellent spoolies. Both are available at Mecca. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
Agreed re both of those and Benefit ‘Precisely My Brow’. I don’t use the spoilers a lot but when I’ve needed them those are the three brow pencils I like and they all have them. The bare minerals one has been/is being discontinued though
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
That's a shame about the Bare Minerals one. I always use the spoolie so it's an essential part of the purchase for me. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
Yeah according to the chick I spoke to at the bare minerals store in Hawaii they are doing away with the current brow line and reinventing it, I think they’re doing a slightly thicker pencil as part of it, she said they were expected to stop making the current range this year. It’s annoying bc I love them and they’re half the price of the benefit ones
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Hopefully it will come back new and improved then. My only criticism of it was that the pencil broke before I finished it (I managed to fix it by melting the ends and sticking them back together though, lol)
trudijoy
8375 posts
Yeah it’s very brittle, had to go for the light feather strokes
Macs
5351 posts
I love brow products . I just got the elf brow kit last week.  I love that Billiondollar brow pencil . Its beautiful. I’ve been looking at trying Milani Brow promade come with brush/spoolie on makeup.co.nz I might buy it this coming week for a try . 

Beautybliss is selling a Carousel Dual end spoolie brush seperate for $9 I’m also thinking of buying that as a back up lol.

So far I’ve tried Nyx Autobrow, Elf Brow kit, Billiondollar brow kit, Tony Moly Brow pencil , Australis brow pencil, Colorpop Brow promade.Their all ok did job ok. I haven’t found my holy grail yet.

SooziesWorld
2999 posts
I've used the Tony Moly pencil but didn't find the spoolie stiff enough. I quite like the Elf brow kit but used one of my own brushes with it. The one they include is way too piddly to use lol. 
Macs
5351 posts
Yeah that spoolie on that Tony moly was quite soft . I dunno why I keep loosing my brow brushes .
tannygirl
3392 posts
   I really like my Eye of Horus one it's a good fine point and has enough firmness so I can draw on the hairs so they don't look drawn on. I've repurchased it several times.
kirstyj
1732 posts
The benefit ones are really good and I also used to have an Hourglass one which was really nice and I almost kept the packaging for the spoolie even after the product ran out.

Now though I use the Essence brow gel (thanks for the recommendation Trudijoy) and it is just the coloured gel on a spoolie so it kind of does two in one.
trudijoy
8375 posts
Oh I forgot about that gel when I started using gimmebrow/ the brown essence brow mascara!
Macs
5351 posts
I forgot about my brow gels. I use a clear coat /coloured by Loreal Brow gel. My Mellow one I also use that too at the end of my brow grooming. 

Id love to try Benefit one day. I see lots of Brow kits from Benefit.
rachelgm
12 posts
If you're enjoying using a powder and you don't mind just replacing the brush then I recommend this one by xobeauty, it's a brush witha spoolie on the other end! It's fantastic. 
shazatron101
5112 posts
IT cosmetics have a pencil with a spoolie, i like it but i've had to glue it back in because it fell out so... i guess that's not really "good" is it hahahahaha
thirtywinks
60 posts
Thanks guys! I might go around checking the price range and get myself one this weekend. I saw the Billion Dollar Brows in passing at Mecca and was piqued. It was my first time seeing it last month. I've tried the Elf and NYX ones and they were okay but thinking of trying something new.

I was initially eyeing the one from Benefit but I felt like it was a bit too pricey, or I might find a better one with the same or lower price. I do have a tinted brow gel and I love it to bits but it's not a brand I can get here so I'm trying to preserve it as long as I can.

I used to have the transparent brow gel from Elf many years go but it would somehow solidify (?) and leave white streaks on my brows so I stopped using them. Not sure if they're still selling those though.
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
I got my first BDB pencil from one of the original beauty review boxes. I liked it but thought I'd never spend that much on an eyebrow pencil. But I keep coming back to and the price doesn't seem so bad now. I think it might have come down in price since Mecca started stocking it. 
MareeB
5244 posts
BDB is my favourite too. It's like Za eye liner and Za CC cream - worth it no matter how much it cost.
itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
I think I might give the BDB pencil a go. Gels just aren't doing it for me anymore.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!