Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Concealer Recommendation for someone in their late 40's

8 posts, 5 members
roteone
42 posts
Hi Everyone,

I would love any recommendations of a good concealer for myself, I currently use Loreal True Match in Warm - Fair/Light.

I have bad bags under my eyes and dark patches, I probably feel I need something more than a concealer, but even a better one? This one is ok but it really doesn't do a lot for me. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks.
cmanga
31 posts
The best concealer I've tried is Mac pro longwear. I find that the coverage is really good compared to others I've tried. Also, I know you asked about concealers but have you considered using a colour correcting primer? The Stila one step correct is good for evening out skin tone :)
ChristieMJ
358 posts
My two most favourite concealers are MAC Prolongwear and Estee Lauder Double Wear concealer. Both a wee bit pricey but well worth it in my eyes! I'm not in my 40's however I have genetically terrible dark under eyes :) 

A cheaper alternative to either of those is the Lasting Perfection concealer by the brand 'Collection' which is avaliable in Countdown. It's got great coverage for a cheaper brand concealer however I find it almost dries into tiny flakes after 12hrs, usually fine for around 8hrs though :) 
ChristieMJ
358 posts
Oh wait, how could I forget!? Bobbi brown correctors are a MUST! It's that something a little bit more than a concealer without layering up the cake face. Basically its a cream product that aims to counter the colour you're trying to conceal that you put on before the concealer - so for purpley/dark undereyes they use a salmon correcter, then you can put any concealer over the top. Again, pricey but these are amazing!
Tess
47 posts
Hi, I use the Rimmel Match Perfection concealer in Ivory. It's good because it has a certain amount of 'trickery' that matches the concealer to your own skin tone. I'm 44 and have bags, broken veins, scars, spots.... the list sadly goes on! 
I've found this is the only concealer so far that covers what i need it to but doesn't accentute dryness or sink into lines or creases. I can get away with using a CC cream and then this over the top where ever I need it.
I use a small eyeshadow brush to buff it in and find it lasts brilliantly.
kirstyj
1732 posts
I would advise before trying anything else would be trying the Collection Lasting Perfection concealer for great coverage and is cheap and can be picked up from the supermarket. Another good one is the Rimmel Wake Me Up concealer as it does the trickery thing with the brightening.
roteone
42 posts
Thanks guys for your answers, I think I will certainly try the Collection one, and point taken about the high end ones like Bobbi Brown. I guess I just need to find one that suits me and my age and problems etc, whatever the price! Tess I feel your pain! Thanks everyone, I will let you know what I try next.  :-)
roteone
42 posts
Oh and cmanga, I hadn't thought of a colour corrector primer, thanks for that! Christine mine is genetics too, and old age! People always thought I was always tired, when I was young, it was just the genes!!

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!