Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

What supplements do you swear by?

33 posts, 12 members
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
I eat a healthy diet but still feel I am lacking in some areas so like to take a few supplements. My greatest one being zinc! I had no idea that a tiny pill could make me feel so great. It makes your skin amazing and is so awesome for energy. I also take vitamin c and sometimes iron if I start feeling sluggish. Zinc and iron don't mix well together so you have to be careful with timing. What supplements do you swear by? Something that has actually made a difference :-)
trudijoy
8375 posts
Thompsons Immunofort. It's actually incredible. I'm immuno-suppressed (I have hypothyroid disorder, which means that many things other peoples blood does naturally - regulate temperature, fight off bugs, etc - as well as the ability to handle stress, fatiigue etc are compromised) and this makes a HUGE difference to how healthy I am.
MareeB
5248 posts
I take tons, but I swear by a good multivitamin, garlic, and an oil - usually evening primrose but I sometimes take fish oil instead. On top of those I take a skin collagen, a calcium, magnesium and D3 (in one) CoQ10, and 5htp. I'm taking so many because I'm working on a combination to reduce blood pressure and improve immunity as I'm trying to get off the last of the medication I've been taking for the past 3 1/2 years for Graves Disease - nearly there and very excited!
tannygirl
3392 posts
I don't swear by it but when I took Clinicians Rejuvenate it's one that I saw a difference in comparison to the other skincare supplements and it's the only one that I noticed did improve the quality of my nails. All those other supplements labeled for skin, hair and nails didn't do anything for my nails. Oh and if you are looking for a cheaper but effective supplement for nails I would recommend a biotin one. I take one that's just plain biotin and inexpensive but it does help strengthen my nail growth after awhile. 
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Awww Maree that is wonderful! I bet that will be a great feeling when you are off the medication...woohoo
Macs
5351 posts
At the moment I'm using ageless  Beauty tablets for collagen. I'm not really a supplement  taker. I can see small differences since taking them.
MareeB
5248 posts
I take those too Macs, and I do like them, but the Clinicians Rejuvenate we got to trial  far outstripped any of the competition in my opinion, and I've tried tons of different skin supplements  - supplement junkie :( )
MareeB
5248 posts
Thanks Lisa-Lou :) I haven't had any medication for two days - I hope it lasts forever !!!
Macs
5351 posts
I'm liking collagen pills Maree. Might make them part of my beauty routine permanently.
MareeB
5248 posts
I do too Macs, and besides skin hair and nails it repairs joint tissue, helps prevent bone loss, helps reduce cellulite and prevent stretch marks, helps repair leaky gut syndrome, balances hormones, promotes restful sleep, and helps prevent hardening of the arteries!!!  It should be compulsory and free :)
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Ohhh I feel like I need a collagen supplement in my life. Sounds amazing :-)
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
I only take Vitamin C supplements, I couldn't imagine not taking them. They help a great deal through the colder months
Ringy
825 posts
I take the go healthy beautiful skin every night, and Biotin and an oil one in the morning, I also use berocca regularly. I have heard great things about liposomal vitamin c but it's pricey so I haven't got around to trying it yet. 
[color=#291b29]I eat a healthy diet but still feel I am lacking in some areas so like to take a few supplements. My greatest one being zinc! I had no idea that a tiny pill could make me feel so great. It makes your skin amazing and is so awesome for energy. I also take vitamin c and sometimes iron if I start feeling sluggish. Zinc and iron don't mix well together so you have to be careful with timing. What supplements do you swear by? Something that has actually made a difference :-)

Yeah, having a healthy diet does not guarantee that we are providing complete nutrients to our body. That's why we need supplements. I am taking USANA Essentials. Search it so you would no more. I think, in my opinion, belief, this supplement is the best out there. God bless![/color]
MareeB
5248 posts
I've tried some great collagen supplements (they're often quite pricey though) and always have a multi, D3, iron, and B12. And others as well but it varies...
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
I swear by Evening Primrose, Vitamin C and Vitamin E tablets.

The Evening Primrose I find helps me with menstrual problems, lessening the pain and how moody I get, the Vitamin C helps keep the colds and flu away and the Vitamin E tablets are great for taking orally or applying to other oils to make a really good customised serum to keep your skin clear.  
alexgrin
11 posts
I also like vitamin C, E and Zinc. I think that well balanced diet plays an important role for our health, without good nutrition our body is more prone to disease. Currenlt I keep on a healthy diet and go to the gym to lose some weight. My doctor also advised me to try IsaLiving cleanse program to start leading the healthier lifestyle. I've been taken it only a few days but I feel much more better now. Hope to get fit in the near future.
shazatron101
5112 posts
Magnesium!! What a life saver. I was recommended the Good Health brand by my local chemist, as I was going to spend $40 on those sleep drops. The wonderful woman pushed these on me - literally, she gave me samples of them! - and we've been taking them since February. The man had an eye twitch for the last 6 months to a year - gone!! And as for me well I sleep like a log and I don't even hear the 5am train anymore. Blimmen brilliant, I wouldn't use any other brand!
MareeB
5248 posts
Magnesium is great Shaz, and among others things is a great panacea for headaches and erm constipation...
Macs
5351 posts
I won some probiotic pills and their alright. I was looking at some supplements today too. I did enjoy the Ageless Beauty Tablets I got in the vault. 
shazatron101
5112 posts
I have just started taking bilberry(?) Which is for eyes, so ill see how they go
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Never heard of bilberry! My number 1 now is magnesium for sure!
shazatron101
5112 posts
Well this morning the damn pill got stuck in my throat and i ended up hurling hahahaha i have NOT missed doing that
MareeB
5248 posts
I'm mainly using Vit D but also magnesium spray, B12, and Vit C. I've been taking a Magnesium and 5htp to help me sleep but probably won't need that once my D levels are up.
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Bhahahaha I  do that every night with my magnesium pill!
MareeB
5248 posts
Shaz and Lisa, you could try magnesium spray instead. You can buy magnesium flakes from Healthpost. Make the oil and spritz in anywhere on yourself after your shower. Spray it on your scalp, rub it into your hands, or do whatever you like with it :)

Ingredients Required:
[list]
[*]Magnesium Chloride flakes -½ cup
[*]Water- ½ cup (Preferably distilled)
[*]Measuring cup or glass bowl
[*]Spray bottle
[/list]
Method:
[list=1]
[*]Bring the distilled water to a boil. ...
[*]Add the magnesium chloride flakes in the cup or bowl. ...
[*]Stir continuously until the flakes dissolve completely.
[*]After it cools, transfer the content to the spray bottle.
[*]You can store the oil at room temperature for about 6 months.
[/list]
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Thanks for the tip Maree! I take Good health organic magnesium ultra for my headaches, so I wonder if the spray would have the same effect??
shazatron101
5112 posts
I had magnesium powder.. it was absolutely foul hahaha its not that pill i have trouble with anyway, the one i have has a "plastic"y coat and yeah. Nasty lol 
MareeB
5248 posts
I don't know for sure Lisa, but I'd hope so. Its good to able to apply it anywhere on yourself.
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Definitely! I also use a magnesium sleep cream.....ahhhh it's so good at night.
shazatron101
5112 posts
I am looking for a do it all supplement, that contains...  vit c, folate, iron, zinc, magnesium, calcium and b-12. 

Easier to just get a multi vitamin or take them all separately? Or is there another miracle one out there lol
Cassey
22 posts
I take magnesium and glucosamine - I notice a huge difference in my flexibility through yoga when I stop taking them. 

I also started taking evening primrose oil for hormonal acne and wasn't entirely sold when I started but it has been a literal lifesaver. I've never had bad acne until my mid 20's and nothing was working for it bar this
Cassey
22 posts
Magnesium, glucosamine and evening primrose oil are the three I cannot live without. I've noticed and effect from some others but not enough to justify the costs

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!