Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

What Is Your Most Expensive Make Up Item?

129 posts, 35 members
EnyaMUA
1109 posts
What is it, what brand is it, how much did you pay for it? I know I'm being super nosey but hey :D I THINK mine is my Too Faced Chocolate Bar palette which cost me $50. I would pay that again for it because I love it so much. 
Danni
324 posts
The most expensive make up item I've bought is probably Revlon colorstay! Nothing big I know I can't bring myself to spend heaps. However I have accuirqued expensive items from Nana but of course I didn't buy them so they don't count :P
shazatron101
5112 posts
Hahaha TMUA - That's my most expensive item too. I paid $49USD, and all up my order was $140NZD (I also got Better than Sex mascara (aaahhh!!! yes!!!) and the Candlelight... Stuff. Haha). Unless you count perfume? My bottles are anywhere between $40 and $80 ;-P
Lutece
1849 posts
I have heard the Chocolate bar is amazing!!!! I havent brought one (Yet)

My most expensive makeup item would be my Naked 3 palette, I brought it overseas but I know they are not cheap, or my Anastasia beverly hills contour palette, both are pricey X
kirstyj
1732 posts
Probably my Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush.... I love it so much it would worth anything to me. I paid 61pounds to get it because it was running out everywhere. So happy I bought it.
Jesse
745 posts
Yeah my Too Faced Chocolate Bar palette is mine too! Followed by my Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick which is just slightly less, both were well worth it.
EnyaMUA
1109 posts
I paid a whopping $40 for a Revlon photoready airbrush foundation and it was so horrible that I got terrified of ever paying anything like that for a foundation again!
kirstyj
1732 posts
It can be worth it for foundation TraineeMUA! I have bought some great expensive ones. I guess it is just learning what you like. If you hadn't bought it you would still be wondering :)
EnyaMUA
1109 posts
I trust MannyMUA when it comes to foundation because we have the same skin type and the same expectations of foundation. I definitely think that foundation and skincare are the 2 biggest things that I would splurge on.
Jesse
745 posts
I normally pay $70 for my foundation and it's well worth it as a terrible foundation will ruin the rest of your makeup and can wreck havoc on your skin.  These days I try to sample any foundation I use before I buy a full-size to be sure though.
shazatron101
5112 posts
Speaking of foundation, I got matched in Ecru by Estee Lauder, looked fine in store, but I'm uncertain cos when I put it on myself in daylight it still looked like there was a 'line' as she put it. I really want to splurge on a good foundation but I don't want to if it's still not right. What didn't you like about the Revlon one TMUA?
EnyaMUA
1109 posts
My 2 favourite foundations right now are actually quite full coverage BB Creams. One is affordable and the other is a little more expensive but because I'm sampling it and I'm sure I love it I WILL buy the full size. 
EnyaMUA
1109 posts
It stuck to my dry patches and had SHIMMER in it Shaz! It also felt kinda... tacky on my face even after setting it with powder.
shazatron101
5112 posts
Shimmer!? What! Haha that sounds fun for a disco hahahaha, but a bit annoying for every day life. That really sucks!  
trudijoy
8375 posts
my daily foundation atm is by Essence, and it was less than $5! 
EnyaMUA
1109 posts
Yeah! I mean I'm all for a dewy finish and a nice highlight but shimmer in my foundation? No thank you!
EnyaMUA
1109 posts
Essence is such an amazing brand
shazatron101
5112 posts
I personally dislike the dewy look haha, so I don't think I'd like this foundation at all! I'd be the disco ball hahaha 
trudijoy
8375 posts
it so is TMUA - this is the all about matt foundation and it's pretty good.  I reviewed it a few weeks ago.

I need to hit up Manukau for another Essence mini haul I think!
EnyaMUA
1109 posts
I went to the one in Pukekohe last weekend and they had almost EVERYTHING in stock. Even the I Heart Extreme Crazy Volume mascara that is ALWAYS sold out!
kirstyj
1732 posts
So annoyed that my Farmers still doesn't have Essence or Bourjois!!!! Slack.
trudijoy
8375 posts
i might need to make a mission out there then :p
Thebeautycontext
1768 posts
KirstyJ, i think that is money well spent. I really wanted to get my hands on that palette, but heard about it too late and by that time the only place that had them was ebay.. and the price was not nice! As for me, my most expensive item is probably my Hourglass Ambient lighting palette, closey followed by my too faced chocolate bar palette. I feel like these is another high end item that i own but cant think of it, so must not be too important 
shazatron101
5112 posts
I haven't seen any in our Farmers either, Kirsty. :( why must we miss out :P
accidentprone_x
845 posts
Mine is a $89 foundation brush from real techniques
EnyaMUA
1109 posts
I'm so tempted to send you both some Essence goodies!
Shana_Banana84
567 posts
Would have to be my Elizabeth arden foundation I paid $85 for it but sooooo worth it
shazatron101
5112 posts
$89!! Wow! I bet it's so soft and fluffy... Lol. And TMUA that's so sweet, but you should save your pennies for your exciting makeup course ;P
ragingfrog
1289 posts
Shazatron and Kirstyj hopefully you get them soon, or the Farmers website allows purchase of said items. Did either of you ask at the counter when they would be put in your stores?
kirstyj
1732 posts
The Farmers site doesn't have Essence products unfortunately.
EnyaMUA
1109 posts
Pfffft being broke is a whole part of the student experience Shaz ;P
shazatron101
5112 posts
Haha that's true. I don't think I'd survive, with Mrs Higgins cookies and Dunkin Donuts on the same street. D:
EnyaMUA
1109 posts
YES and for me there's also EB Games. I love EB Games ;^; it's like my second home. I actually grabbed Dunkin Donuts on the way home from my enrollment hehe!
shazatron101
5112 posts
Hahahaha EB games is amazing!! So is JB Hi Fi but sadly we don't have one of those either in Taranaki. :'( Hopefully soon Kmart though!! :D
EnyaMUA
1109 posts
Before I enrolled at Cut Above I was trying to get a job at EB Games in Manukau, the assistant manager loved me and wanted to hire me but I didn't have enough retail experience *sigh* We had an argument with the manager about Spyro and I told him it was scandalous that he's never played a Legend of Zelda game :P
shazatron101
5112 posts
I love Spyro!! I have the originals on ps3, it's so goood. And I've never played Zelda :D hahahaha
EnyaMUA
1109 posts
I'm ALMOST positive that my first game was Spyro 3. The assistant manager and I were complaining about the skateboarding levels haha
shazatron101
5112 posts
Hahah we just turned this soooo NBR, sorry ladies D: :P  those skateboarding levels were dumb!! I'm sure there was one in each game but some were dumber than the others lol
EnyaMUA
1109 posts
Oh yeah totally NBR I'm sorry! Once I start talking about video games I can't stop cx It's my addiction outside of beauty. 
shazatron101
5112 posts
Hahahaha yes! It's probably more fun to me than make up but never mind :P I have Lego Jurassic Park atm ahhhhhhhhhh I love it *heart eyes* 
Danni
324 posts
Holy I'm jumping in on the gaming side of this conversation! I have all the spyros still with my original ps1 and I usually play them annually as they were my first games (and still my favourite!) particularly Gateway to Glimmer. ANYWAY The skateboarding levels are so annoying...I know your pain :P
shazatron101
5112 posts
OMG Danni that's my favorite spyro too!!! Spyro love <3 haha
EnyaMUA
1109 posts
Year of the Dragon was my first so it's super special to me, but Gateway to Glimmer was DEFINITELY the best one. I also really liked the one on ps2 where you played as Spyro and Cynder *heart eyes*
Danni
324 posts
Was that dawn of the dragon? I couldn't really get into it I didn't enjoy the game play :(
trudijoy
8375 posts
lol hope you girls werent so into this chat that you missed the warpaint invites :p
alikat
423 posts
This is a tough one to answer, so I'm going to have to say it's going to be one of three products:

- Hourglass Ambient Lighting Wardrobe (Got it in LA while the dollar was REALLY amazing)
- Laura Mercier Artist Eyes eyeshadow palette which I don't even have yet and I got it when the dollar was REALLY (and still is) bad.
- Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick (I bought this in NZ and paid island tax so it set me back $105)

otherwise, if you add up my MAC eyeshadow palette, that's USD$160 sitting right there!
ChristineHoll
152 posts
Lol Trudi, I've been refreshing BR, the BR facebook page, AND my email constantly for the last 45 minutes but I did keep popping into the forum every so often and was reading this! I got so confused when I got an email confirming me for the trial even though I didn't have an invite but then saw I won the guaranteed spot on facebook!

As for most expensive makeup items? Probably my Stila palette or ABH contour palette I think.
Macs
5351 posts
Before my partner and kids. Probably when I was eighteen, I used to be a hardcore Spyro player. I spent almost every night on it. I would make excuses not to go out clubbing with friends just to play it. Now I havent touched a game in years. ANYWAY lol my most expensive would be my Lime Crime Velvetine for $20. I haven't spent anything over that other than perfume $40 max. Would love the YSL eclat and Too Faced Pallette.
alikat
423 posts
As for gaming, I've been playing The Sims for the last, well, since it got released what, 14 years ago? Before that, I had a spell of not gaming much but as a teenager, I used to go to LAN parties and play Quake online early in the morning before the internet slowed down during the day. I'm so old. 12 months ago I got my nephew his first nintendo. I'm hoping he'll teach me about minecraft next month.
sam_clarkson
205 posts
I would say my choc bar palette as well, although I bought off beautylish, and i got 4 items anastasia brow whiz, toofaced candle light glow, too faced choc bar palette and 2 faced hangover Rx primer for all up $160 NZD which I work out to be $40 each which I think is preeeety good.

my mac studiofx powder is $60 so for a single item might be the most I have spent on one makeup item.................................. so far

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!