Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

What have you bought because of the women of BR?

23 posts, 14 members
shazatron101
5112 posts
Not, " what have you been enabled to buy " or " what have you bought because of the hype " but, what has someone in the forums talked about before, and you've spotted it out and about on your shopping adventures!
For me, it is the Lee Stafford Poker Straight spray. I remembered Trudi talking about it once, and I hadn't even heard of this brand, and when I saw the bright pink bottles in Farmers I decided to give it a go - and I love it! I also don't think of this as enabling because it just passed in casual conversation, rather than the usual " you need it! " you get with enablers ;-)
So, what have you bought?
trudijoy
8375 posts
ooooh good topic shaz. And I have good hair so you know i'm right :p

There are a few things in this category for me:

Face of Australia powder - someone here said I needed to try this when I was first in Aussie last year and they were right!

Koni suggested (emphatically) that I needed Too Faced candlelight glow, and it's great!

BR forum suggestions got me into a few other things too but I'm meant to make a call now ;) I'll have a think
Sarahbeautynz
1031 posts
Ooo!! What does it do? Tame flyaways?

Mine would have to be my Hourglass Diffused Light powder I bought after KirstyJ raved about it and panned it - love the stuff! :)
trudijoy
8375 posts
Sarah there is a heat protectant one and a 'liquid umbrella ' hair dehumidifying spray. Both are $15-$20, both are gold.
shazatron101
5112 posts
It makes the hair silky smooth! And poker straight after its name. It's just lovely. The dehumidifier spray in the same range 'tames' the fly aways and is perfect after straightening - it's also pretty darn good. The smell is so awful though lol. I see myself repurchasing both though!
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
It cosmetics bye bye under eye. I believe I first noticed farmers wife mentioned it then I asked about a product for my dark circles and it was mentioned again....I now own it haha
shazatron101
5112 posts
Oooh Amy that's on my list! I see it mentioned 99% of the time haha it's something I'm looking into getting!
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
Anddddd skin food face scrub thanks too kirstyj.....actually most of my skin care and makeup is because of the ladies of BR haha.
Macs
5351 posts
Soap and Glory and Lush. Both purchases I don't regret at all.
trudijoy
8375 posts
oh yes, I have IT bye bye now in a sample.
RamblingRose
1280 posts
For me, it would be Eye of Horus Goddess Mascara and Liquid Define Liner.  I saw them both being sold at a discounted price, knew nothing about either product but did remember seeing both of these item being mentioned on the Forum, so I bought both!

I'm not a huge fan of the mascara (I don't like the shape & size of the wand) but the Liquid Define Liner has definitely changed my perspective and dislike of liquid eyeliner! Liquid eyeliner in a pen-like applicator is definitely the way to go, it's so much easier to apply than with a brush or tiny wand.
MareeB
5244 posts
Oasis apple a day, fruit smoothie, and beauty sleep. I hadn't heard of Oasis before I came on BR.
k3r1pakai
1185 posts
For me it would what didn't I buy bc of BR .
Brands I purchased bc of the BR forum would be
Bossy, Rovie , Urban Decay, ABH, Oasis definitely especially the free trials of said brand. Jordana, GWP magazines definitely those ones and then the chichi brand and farmers sales. I'd go into depth with what products but the thread and word count couldn't handle it.lol
kirstyj
1732 posts
Love to see that I have enabled some of the ladies on here!

Sarahbeautynz enabled me with the Hourglass primer. She sent me a wee deluxe sample size so I can try it and it was beautiful.... only the price is holding me back at this point.

FarmersWife enabled me just the other day to purchase more Bioderma. I had tried it before and loved it, but I got into the cycle of trying new things and kinda for got about it. She got some samples and started raving about it to me... I am glad to have it back in my life again. She also got me hooked on Scentsy which is a wee bit dangerous in its self.

Elena enabled me with the Stila "In the" palettes. I purchased the in the moment one as I had no purple shadows and I love it (I stumbled across it in a BeautyBay sale). I actually haven't used it in ages so I am going to try it again this weekend I think.
itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
Talking to the ladies on BR convinced me to buy the lee stafford poker straight spray and I am thinking about getting a few essence products after hearing the ladies here talk about them recently.
Macs
5351 posts
I want to try essence too. Nail polish and blush. I forgot about Bossy, I was crazy buying that last year. I think now Im focused on getting through products as well. Theres so much skincare I really don't need anymore of that.
Rezee
1964 posts
I'm pretty sure I found Bossy from here. Also I learnt about beautyjoint, iherb and beautylish from here too.

I think my very first purchase from someone mentioning somthing would probably be the real techniques eye set. Possibly that was Chikoboo or mumof3munchkins? I know I did my first iherb order the same month I joined up here anyway!

I have the it bye bye concealer too I haven't used it much though as I've been focusing on using up others.

mallomiss
569 posts
There's so much on my list from BR Babes suggestions.
Bossy Cosmetics would also be my "find" from here. I'd never heard of them until joining BR & have brought soooo much of it since! 
Farmers-Wife
2052 posts
I'd say about 70% of my collection! Before BR I didn't wear makeup. I didnt have much at all. Then I was told about oasis beauty and that fixed my skin, then I was able to wear a bit more makeup and it all spiraled out from there.
Colleencanary and chickaboo got me into my first red lippy! A NYX product.
I hold so many of the BR gals so close to my heart and we do giggle when we enable each other
shazatron101
5112 posts
Wee I can add a new thing to this list! I was doing some "research" and someone mentioned the Aussie 3 minute miracle stuff. I feel like it was Nat but I don't remember. Anyway! Forgot about it until Monday and saw it again in Postie. I picked some up and I'm in loooouuurrve. It's the best!
First Lady
957 posts
Sounds like me!  I've literally just used it and keep sniffing my hair!

xx
shazatron101
5112 posts
hah! I can't smell it in my hair, all I can smell is the lavender bath bomb I used earlier (like, at 12!) potent wee thing. I LOVE IT. I can't decide if I like the smell of the Aussie stuff though, its like candy and then its like medicine and I can't make up my mind haha
First Lady
957 posts
It's the strawberry Pamol of haircare!

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!