Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Treatment Value for money

11 posts, 10 members
I just wondered if people had thought about treatments at training schools. 
Heres one in Christchurch that I have come across 
http://www.nasa.co.nz/clinic/

it's basically a chance for the girls learning to have client days so the get to practise on people other than each other and you get a bit of a discount as well as helping them to get better. I'm a bit of a Scrooge when it comes to things like this so if I can save money and get more dbang for my buck than why not im also a big fan of treat me and grab one cause they always have deals on beauty treatments. 

has anyone else come across similar or been to a training place for treatments?
k3r1pakai
1185 posts
In actual fact that's how I get my acrylics done evry month the lady advertised thru fb and now I get my nails done for free she's still got a bit more to become fully qualified as a nail tech but she is already got her salon open inside a hair dressers & I'm pretty chuffed about this she uses sabore for skincare and makeup aswell as caI lyn & Ofra.
itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
I've never tired it myself, but I've heard from other people it can be a great way to save money.
Macs
5351 posts
The last time I let a student do my hair I was 21 walking down Queen st. I got a top line of red streaks.  I've been considering getting my hair done for a while now. Hopefully I can find someone in the next few months. 
Kimrose
1419 posts
I had a friend who trained at Elite and they had client days and I went in for her to practice her electrolysis. It only cost $15.00 for an hour. Absolute value for money. 
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
I think it's such a great idea! I myself have never came across this before, Great way to save money and awesome opportunity for the students.
Qweenkaren
313 posts
When I first went to uni, I would pop in & get a half leg wax for $10! Sometimes they would have 2 students waxing me, so it would take less than 10mins! Awesome!
In Oamaru the polytechnic do a breast cancer fundraiser & offer manicures, massages & facials all done by their students, raising money for a good cause & they get real life experience.
Tomorrow I'm going to get my hair colour stripped then a tone & highlight by a student.
trudijoy
8375 posts
being a (former) teacher i'm all about this.  I've had all sorts of things done by people whoa re still training, including piercings, hair cut/style/dye, brows, etc.  One of my best friends in Dunedin was a beauty therapist for a while so I let her perm my brows etc too.  The dental school in Dunedin was always good for a cheap dentist too.

Why not, I say?  They're closely supervised, better trained than some of the people practicing as fully qualified, and going out of their way to make sure the job is done well.
Kimrose
1419 posts
The students have to learn somehow, so why not. Its a win, win situation. 
Ringy
825 posts
Easy stuff yes, but I'd think long and hard with anything major or irreversible. 
ladythorn
108 posts
When I studied Beauty Therapy we had two days a week where the salon was open to the public and they could come in to have a treatment done. It was a valueable learning experience. I've put my hand up for hair modelling on several occasions, it was great fun :)

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!