Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Shower Routines?

31 posts, 30 members
BeautyCutie
130 posts
Lately I've been wondering if it's better to take a shower at night before bed, or in the morning to start the day. I just can't decide! On one hand a shower or bath is a relaxing way to end the day, and saves time in the morning dealing with wet hair, but on the other hand it's a great way to freshen up in the morning. 

What do you ladies think? Any preferences either way? 
Sarahbeautynz
1031 posts
I'm definitely a night time shower devotee! I just find that a shower is the perfect end to the day and I love feeling fresh and clean for bed. No idea why I don't want that same fresh and clean feeling to start my day o_0

I think this is all stems from the fact that I don't have time to let my hair air dry in the morn, so I have to do it at night, unless of course I've exercised in the a.m in which case I defo shower.
pumau
121 posts
I'm a shower at night kind of person, unless i have work the next day then i shower that morning.
I work 3 days a week so my days off are spent cleaning the walls, bathrooms and every mess a two year old makes. So i see it as theres no point having a shower if i'm going to be cleaning all day just to go to bed smelling of disenfectant, jiff and other toxic products. So i clean the house, shower and bed.
Whereas if I have work then I shower and then go to work, start the day off fresh.
If that all makes sense?
chikoboo
3402 posts
I shower in the morning to wake and freshen myself for the day ahead, plus with my hair I have to style it wet and let it dry naturally so I can only do that in the morning fresh out of a shower.  At the end of the day I might take a bath, usually 3-4 times a week but especially on relax me Sunday =)
Farmers-Wife
2052 posts
I have to have a shower in the morning. I can't wake up and feel dirty if I don't. Even when I've had major surgery I've had them in hospital.

In the evenings I quite often have a spa then shower after. We are waiting on a claw foot bath to be installed. Once it's in I'll be in it most nights
Shana_Banana84
567 posts
I prefer to shower in the morning.  Eight to nine hours of sleeping next to a sometimes sweaty farmer doesn't set me up to feel clean so in the shower I go.  If I go to the gym I have a shower in the morning before I go, after the gym and then again at night.  Being a bigger girl I am very self-conscious about cleanliness so tend to shower twice a day.  Sorry for TMI probably.  On Sundays I have a bath to relax as well.  I would hate to see the amount of water I use in a week in one place eeekkk.
trudijoy
8375 posts
I can't stand not showering in the morning.  My hair is SUPER fine and it needs a daily wash or it gets mega oily.  Plus the shower wakes me up, warms me up and helps me mentally start my day.  Often I shower after the gym or before bed quickly as well but the morning one is a must
Mila
1209 posts
I'm a bit of a mixture of both.  If im going to wash my hair I shower at night as I dont have time in the morning normally to dry my hair it takes forever :) - but if ive been to the gym in the morning I will definately shower before work and sometimes like this morning I was so flipping cold that a nice hot shower was just what I needed to start the day :)
Macs
5351 posts
Late morning after I've done my workout. If Im up to it I will shower again. My hairs a nightmare to dry too.
rmcleod91
16 posts
I'm typically a shower in the morning person, but I have started washing my hair at night because I never seem to have time to dry and style it in the mornings. I'm thinking about converting to night time showers. It's feels so much more relaxing and I have so much more time. Plus I feel like it would give me more time in the mornings as its hard work getting out the door at 7.30 with a 1 year old and a 3 year old!! So the more time I can find the better. Plus the mornings have been freezing lately lol
alikat
423 posts
I'm always in the morning. I have super fine hair and I don't usually bother with doing it too much. The only time I'll shower at night is if I've been to the gym late in the evening, so I'll end up showering twice a day.

Ive been making more of an effort to get to the gym first thing in the morning to save my hair from being washed so often and to save water/gas.
jessickaxnz
1176 posts
I prefer to shower at night so I go to bed all clean and nice smelling haha. Plus I hate having wet hair during the day!
shazatron101
5112 posts
Phtana I'm positive you always smell wonderful ;-p I'm that creepy friend that smells people. All. The. Time. I also shower in the morning, generally - but if it's a lazy day and I have nowhere to be I don't shower until 2 or 3 haha. Plus if I've ordered shower things it gives them a chance to turn up. Nothing worse than having a shower then receiving nice new smellies you can't use til the next day!
Pifithrin
1243 posts
I gym in the mornings so I always shower in the mornings. If I'm travelling I usually shower in the morning and evening, and when flying long haul I shower at every airport I can!
BeautyCutie
130 posts
Love the range of answers from you gals! I definitely think I'm going to convert to showering at night time, the pros just seem to be outweighing the cons. 
Jesse
745 posts
Normally I shower at night, as I can't face going to bed with work germs on me haha! If I'm working a 12pm or afternoon shift or it's a day off, I'll also have a shower in the morning since I have more time then.
mallomiss
569 posts
I mostly shower at night as I have to wait until the kids are in bed.
Some mornings, if I can swing it, I'll have another just to freshen up.
MareeB
5244 posts
Usually the morning, but in winter sometimes I choose night, especially if I have to leave really early in the morning and it's freezing cold for going in the shower!
kirstysays
762 posts
I mostly shower at night...1.) because I hate the feeling of getting into clean sheets with the days grime on me haha 2.) it saves time when getting ready in the morning 3.) it relaxes me before bed :) 4.) my hair is a nightmare when I have to get the blow drier out, so if I wash it the night before and let it dry naturally overnight, its easier to style in the morning :)
kirstyj
1732 posts
I shower at night for the same reasons that kirstysays does. Mainly though it is because I would rather have longer in bed in the morning. If I showered in the morning I would have to dry my hair etc in the morning and it would just take too long.
accidentprone_x
845 posts
I have showers at night because I like to have long ones and well I love just standing under the water in the warmth
-Bex-
611 posts
Definitely at night I like to remove the daily mud dirt and gross debris from myself before I get into bed. And I also use it to do some thinking and planning without kids roaring round and hollering out. 
Kimrose
1419 posts
I couldnt start my day without a morning shower. Like Trudi, I need to wash my hair daily. It is just such a great way to start my day. After gym or hot summer days I enjoy an evening shower to freshen up. 
MAGPIEFI
615 posts
Usually end of day sometimes I'm so mucky and dusty even filthy dirty oh I couldn't go to bed in my jim jams and soft sheets all grimy. Sometimes morning and at night ah no saving water at my place :(
itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
I usually shower at night because there isn't time in the morning but in the weekends I like to start my morning with a long shower and the full skincare routine. 
chelseaadelaide
703 posts
I hadn't left the house without showering in the morning for the past 5 years. Truly, not once. Most mornings I would wash my hair, even if it meant getting up super early. Usually I would have a quick shower in the evening, unless I hadn't really done anything that day. The past few weeks I have had to leave the house at 7am, and being Winter, it's freezing so I finally decided to shower in the evenings and not in the morning. It saves me SO much time and I haven't felt icky like I thought I would. For me, it really depends on what I'm doing and what time I need to leave in the morning. xx
MissQT
1547 posts
I'm a night time showerer. I just don't like the feeling of going to bed dirty. Don't all you morning showerers feel sticky going to bed without showering. I do agree that its a nice way to freshen up in the morning, so that's why I cleanse my face with cold water in the morning. I do understand that you do sweat at night etc, but if I shower at night I feel clean going to bed and then wake up clean.
Danni
324 posts
I'm a night time showerer! I prefer to go to bed clean since I work at Subway and HATE smelling of it so I usually shower at night I'm also at uni so paired with late nights studying etc I can't be bothered getting up early to shower so night time it is. Plus my boyfriend and I often have the same start time in the morning. He starts work at 8 and I often have to leave for the bus to uni just after 8 so I let him have the bathroom whilst I use it the night before :)
ragingfrog
1289 posts
I shower in the morning when I get up, as this really wakes me up and gets my day on the go. I work in an airconditioned office so I really don't get dirty as such. If I do feel gross before bed then I have one then as well.
I do confess however that I hate my shower it is tiny, 70cm x 70cm, with not much pressure, my brother has told me he can make it better but I would need to change my hot water cylinder to a mains pressure but that won't fix the size of it.
tannygirl
3392 posts
I have to shower every night before I go to bed. I don't like sleeping dirty and I like my sheets to stay clean. If I need to wash my hair I usually do it at the end of the day.
Kellyleanne
551 posts
I always shower in the morning, its such a routine and I love my showers to waken me up. With two little ones I try to get up before them to get myself showered, ready and put some makeup on. 

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!