Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Makeup/hair and those who claim 'time poverty'as a reason NOT to...

59 posts, 29 members
trudijoy
8375 posts
.I hear this a lot. 'Oh it's okay for you to spend so long on your hair and makeup because you have the time, you don't have kids' etc etc. This despite the fact that I'm up between 6-6.15 and pretty much have to be out the door by 7.30, iften not making it home before 6.pm.

My hair takes ten mins max from dripping wet to straight or curly and dry. My makeup takes 5. I'm all for people not doing things because they don't want to, but the 'I don't have the time like you do' thing gets to me. It doesn't TAKE time, really. Not that much.

Anyone else bemused by this?
Sarahbeautynz
1031 posts
Haha, this is the second post of this nature I've seen today. Ameamay posted something similar on Instagram, also touching on the fact that people too often use the same excuse for not exercising. I don't use that excuse when I don't exercise, I'm just a lazy sloth of a person sometimes.

I personally get up at ridiculous-o'clock to do my makeup, as I like to take my time and enjoy the whole process, I hate being rushed! However, I don't have children, so I can't comment on how it would be if I did. I can pretty much guarantee I wouldn't get up quite as early though!

My personal opinion is that if it's important to you, you will make time for it, as with anything in life. Makeup isn't important to a lot of people, understandably. For those that regularly use lack of time as an excuse for not wearing any, I think it's more that it's just not a priority for them.
trudijoy
8375 posts
I agree Sarah!

I don't exercise as often as I want to, and there are definitely days where that's forced on me and days where that's a choice, but again, I'm prioritising other things (like sleep and managing my endocrinological disorder by not overtaxing myself) over that.

I love spending ages on hair and makeup, but I have the speed-get-ready down to an art simply because I suck at mornings but want to wear it haha. The look today (on IG but also linked to in my profile) was less than 5 min eyes matched with a quick lip and blush.
severest
44 posts
I get up a half hour early every weekday so that I have time to do my hair and make up before my daughter wakes up so I can spend as much time with her as possible before I go to work!
Ksjc_nz
370 posts
I know a few people who use having kids as an excuse for never doing anything (exercising, putting makeup on etc) and it annoys me - the days that I don't bother with makeup are kind of because of my kids, but pretty much a choice that I make that I cant be arsed getting out of bed that 20 minutes earlier to have child free time to do it lol. But when I do feel like making an effort it doesn't take me that long, and I manage it in between breaking up kiddy fights etc
trudijoy
8375 posts
severest that's lovely x

ksjc - yeah totally
Jesse
745 posts
I definately do not have time to do my hair on a weekday, but lucky for me with my job I don't have to since it's covered anyway! It takes me about 40 minutes to get my hair from wet to dry and brush, and that's unstyled. When I had a job that I did do my hair for, I managed this by washing my hair at night, never in the morning since I don't have a good 50 minutes to spend on hair without cutting into sleep which I'm not at all prepared to do. I need my six hours :D So yeah, I'm someone who does understand the 'time poor' excuse, but I guess it's about prioritising and time management. And how long it takes you to do things. My 'rush' makeup still takes 15 minutes at the bare minimum.
trudijoy
8375 posts
Jesse yep totally about prioritising. When I can't wash my hair in the morning (camps etc) I do still throw it up into a bun etc though. I don't 'style' my hair a whole lot, either straight, curly, ponytail or bun, pretty much. If people choose to not do it that's fine but you're exactly right, it's priorities that are the clincher there.

I can't imagine it taking an hour to do hair and makeup, but then I'm 34 and have been doing quick get-ready sessions for about 20 years lol. I also have good tools (thanks BR!) and I experiment when I have more time with things that I can abbreviate to a shorter time. Plus I'm blessed/cursed with hair that dries crazy fast lol
alikat
423 posts
At the moment, I'm currently growing my hair out so it looks really naff if I "do" my hair, so I usually stick it in a pony tail and go to work like that. Fortunately no dodgy prime ministers hang around my work.

I'm usually up at 5.30am, at the gym by 6am, home from the gym by 7.15am and some days I have to be out the door by 8am if I have an early lecture, or a wee bit later if I have work. I try and prioritise having breakfast over being fabulous because that is an important thing for my training at the gym :)

More often than not, I'll prioritise my makeup over my hair. Mostly because my hair is a horrible combination of thin, fine, curly and not the right length. But I'll at least give it a blow dry before tying it back. 
Macs
5351 posts
I can't get the time to do my hair. I washed my hair today. I dont have a hair dryer and my hair is extra thick it takes at least half a day to dry naturally . It takes me an hour or so to straighten if my hairs damp to straighten. I use dry shampoo to make my hair last a bit longer. I'm up at six making lunches ,cooking breakfast, oraganising everyone before they go to work and school. I've got putting on a full face down to 20 minutes done fast. Today I was totally bare.
MissQT
1547 posts
wow ten minutes to do you hair and five minutes for makeup? You got to be kidding, your makeup is always stunning trudi! :) I have super thick and long hair so I wash it at night, which takes 20-30 mins to wash, plus drying time (used tot are forever to dry, now only 10-15 mins with my new VS hair dryer depending on if I fully dry it). Makeup in the morning takes about 10-15 mins for me.
trudijoy
8375 posts
deadset serious MissQT... workday makeup is 5 mins. Primer, BB/foundation, blush, a quick eye and something on my lips.

If I'm going into town or whatever it can take half an hour but that's because I keep stopping to drink wine, talk or crank a song haha.

thanks by the way! xx
ragingfrog
1289 posts
I allow 10 minutes for make up in the mornings, brush my hair and gone. The hair was fine in summer as waiting at the bus stop for 5-10 minutes and it is relatively dry. In winter I need to start using the hairdryer to get it to slightly damp but if raining going with wet hair because I don't stay dryer getting to the bus stop.
1139 posts
I don't want to be toooo quick to judge others for their decisions but I do think that there are flaws in the 'time poverty' excuse. One of the reasons that I don't want to be too quick to judge is that I don't have babies/small children/a husband etc to look after - but for me, I apply a full face of makeup every day, so it just means I have to allow half an hour in the morning for that. If it means getting up earlier than I absolutely need to, I'll do it. But yeah, it doesn't take that long. Half an hour a day is not a lot to sacrifice. 
Sugar_spice
23 posts
It's all about prioritising- different people have different priorities so best we don't judge ;)
my youngest has just turned 2, by eldest has just turned 5 - I have 3 kids, my first and foremost priority is them. In the morning I have 3 mouths to feed, 3 lunches to make, 3 kids to get dressed, wash faces, brush teeth do hair, 6 feet to get shoes on- none of this is a walk in the park! Get up earlier you say? Well the thing is I often get up several times EVERY night, so another priority for me is SLEEP. But it's 'only' 10 mins of my time? well we are usually 5 mins late everywhere we go - 10 minutes is soooo valuable to a mum!
not having time is a totally legitimate reason for a lot of people, I'm sure there are tons of mums out there who would love just 15 mins in front of a mirror every morning but don't get to! 

AmandaJane
1147 posts
Great thread. lmao - Alikatnz, you made me giggle for the first time today thanks :)

I'm just lazy, there you go, no kids and I still can't be bothered to wear makeup every day. Hohum. Getting back into it though :)

Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
I'm torn on this thread to be honest because some parents litrally have no time in the morning.  I am one of them.  I'm a full time Mum to 3 munchkins and am a fulltime student also.  I study days and nights and sometimes into the early morning.  Although some people say this is something I have chosen to do, its something I don't really have a choice because of being out of the work force for so long to raise my children.  Things really do get super hectic and as you say it depends on what your priorities are.  My priorities are not makeup but making sure that my kids are fed, dressed and warm and ready for school each morning.  If that is done then we are having a good day lol.  

However on the other side, I get super bad skin so I have learnt to quickly apply a BB cream in the morning which takes literally a minute for me and then I'm done.  I cannot go out of the house without my BB cream, although it is not a full face of makeup, it gives me enough confidence to walk out the house knowing that my skin isn't looking so bad.  As long as I have that spare minute in the morning, I'm super happy.  

Hope that makes sense lol xx
Mila
1209 posts
Yes I think this is a bit of a tricky one. 

I do come across a lot of people who use the time poor excuse for lots of things, exercise, eating habits all sorts.  Which generally is just an excuse you can fit these things into your day you just have to be more creative on how you go about it you may not be able to go for an hour a day to the gym or a run but you can fit something else in. 

I definately do think it comes down to priorities and how much you want something. In terms of kids I dont have any (one on the way so im bound to find out myself very shortly :) so I cant really comment on that side of it however I know plenty of mums who fit in exercise and putting on makeup or doing their hair but again its priorities some people may not want to have to get up half an hour earlier to get these things done if sleep/showering whatever it may be is more important and thats ok to. 

I think sometimes people say it to make themselves feel better to justify why they havent done something even though your not actually judging whether they have or havent.  We all have our own priorities in life :)
Pifithrin
1243 posts
As the saying goes you have as many hours in the day as Beyonce. The reason people don't find time to do things is because they do not prioritise them. I choose to make exercise and doing my makeup a priority, so I make time for them.

Today is a perfect example. I was up at 5.30 to get to the gym at 6 for an hours workout. I went straight to the lab afterwards to set up an experiment that runs for 8 hours. Once that was done, I went and had a shower and did my makeup. I had to get it all done early as I am supervising an exam at 5 pm tonight. Excluding exercise, it's a 13+ hour day for me.

There are exceptions, but it comes down to priorities.
pintsize
1072 posts
I have so much I want to say on this topic and relate it to personal reasons but I am only going to add this...
You should not judge someone for how they choose to spend their time (they may have been up all hours of the night and have no energy to spend on make up let along justifying their reasons to someone who simply may not understand).  

Unless you can walk a mile in their shoes you should not judge... that goes for any thing.

Sorry if this comes across harsh, that is not my intention; I just get annoyed when snap judgements are made.

xx
Pifithrin
1243 posts
I agree pintsize and I would never judge someone for choosing how they spend their time and what their priorities are.
Ksjc_nz
370 posts
I 100% agree with you Pintsize - I don't judge people, but the people that do annoy me in this context are the ones I do know that complain to me how little time they have for things when what they really mean is that they'd rather spend all day playing fb games than going for a walk, or doing their makeup :)
I'm sure people look at me all the time and wonder why I can't get more done - and I could, if I ignored the feeling of 'don't want to' every day lol
Rezee
1964 posts
Im a mum of four cildren between the ages of 2 and 8 years. I wear makeup pretty much everyday and also straighten my hair probably 5 days a week. Makeup, especially eyeshadow, ismy happy place so I make time for it.
My mornings are totally hetic but my goal in the morning is to be ready by 8.30 including all washing, clean house and kids fed, dressed etc. Most days I achieve that but other days we are all just lucky to be alive lol.
makeup makes me feel good but I can ttotally see why it isnt a priority for a lot of women.
as a mum, I hate it when other mums say crap like tthat to non parent. Honestly they are probably just jealous you get some free time, I know I feel like that sometimes too!
trudijoy
8375 posts
I'm not judging people; I feel that there is judgement directed at people who do take time to do things by those that don't, and time poverty is one way that people do this.

It was an interesting discussion up to that point but I am NOT a judgemental person and this was not intended to be a judgement, more a discussion about this. Clearly we're all fans of the makeup etc in here so it's a receptive audience.

People can do what they want - but *I* am 'people' too and I think it's an interesting topic. Whether or not someone chooses to put makeup on or not doesn't define them as a person, but different priorities are not as celebrated as they could be.

accidentprone_x
845 posts
I have never heard this towards myself but I only have one friend that has a daughter and she always straightens her hair in the morning after her daughter is ready. I get it is hard having children and obviously you have to put them first. I also only wear makeup in the weekends as I dont see the point of getting nicely made up to go to a cheese factory
SandieNZ
424 posts
I use the time excuse for lots of things, but I think I am pretty justified for the most-part, but as others have said it all comes down to priorities.  I am a mum to 4 kids (11-1yr) and work fulltime.  At the moment I work 14hr days, 5 days a week, as well as whatever I can fit in over the weekend.  I'm up at 4.30am every morning, and in bed around 9-10pm every night - I've got a HUGE amount of stuff to fit in that time lol, but having said that I do still make time to cleanse and moisturise every morning and night (that's really important to me), and I generally have time to put on BB cream and mascara, and do a quick bun or ponytail. 
There are lots of times I do prioritise, so the gym was one of the first to go, and in the weekends makeup and hair are just facial cleanse and hairbrush and that's it - if it comes to a choice between playing a game with my babies or putting on makeup, the babies win every time :)
I am, however, always clean and tidy - I do think that's important as part of rolemodelling for the kids (and marital harmony lol)
jessickaxnz
1176 posts
I think it all comes down to priorities and I'm sure that if I were a parent I would probably prefer to have extra sleep as opposed to putting on makeup. Everyone is different though and I definitely don't think any less of people who don't prioritise makeup in their lives - just as I wouldn't expect anyone to think any less of me for making time for it.
SandieNZ
424 posts
Totally agree Jessicka - there are days when I definitely wish I had more time do apply decent makeup, but there are the occassional evenings hubby and I get to go out together and I get the chance to apply my face properly and feel like a million bucks.  I really admire people who look well-put-together, the same way I admire people who go totally au naturel - as long as they look happy or comfortable then it's all good.  Mind you, here in Gizzy people are totally comfy doing the groceries in PJs and Ugg boots so the social pressures aren't there ;)
jessickaxnz
1176 posts
Sandienz- I agree with you about seeing people comfortable. I always cringe when I see girls at work walking around in huge, high heels that are obviously murdering their feet and that they can't walk in. For me it's the same thing with makeup, if it makes someone feel good to wear it and they can prioritise it then that's awesome. The same is true for those who feel more comfortable not wearing it. Everyone is different :)
trudijoy
8375 posts
just popped a photo on the photowall of my makeup today.  2 minute eyes on a base of primer, BB, bronzer as blusher and a dash of lippy.  5 min face, 10 minute hair :)
wrxchicky
15 posts
Interesting thread to post.....

Im a parent and have a 3 year old and 5 year old and im up at 545am every morning making lunches, doing the washing, folding the load from the night before, dishes etc away. I prefer my house to be clean and tidy before i take me time in the morn. However i will not leave the house without a hot shower and cleansed face with some bb cream.
Living 15 minutes out of town and having to detour a further 10 minutes to school than into town for kindy and work, my time is precious in the morn. Smellies is usually put on in the car and breakfast is skipped for me so i know my kids are warm, feed and ready for a long day of sitting in the classroom.

Everyone is different and im not judging but its not as easy as others make out thats for sure!
SandieNZ
424 posts
Just checked out the photowall, well done Trudi - that's great for 2mins!   ;)  I was literally flying out the door at 7.30am today feeling stoked I managed to get BB cream and mascara on lol.  But at least the kids were in the car, food packed and dressed - winning!  :)
trudijoy
8375 posts
aww thanks Sandie, was pretty stoked. Then I thought I forgot my makeup after the gym, so left barefaced, then found it in my bag. Brain fart central after dark atm lol
SandieNZ
424 posts
Hehehe, I bet you looked beautiful as always anyway Trudi!  :)
trudijoy
8375 posts
that's so sweet sandie, thank you! I imagine I looked like I felt: 'it's 5 mins drive home, I'm hungry, I still have to cook ribs, the vault opens soon and I need to be home for that and so I don't caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaare' lol
TillysMum
30 posts
When I was working full time *up until end of November* my shifts started anywhere between 8am and 10am, and I finished 4pm - 7pm.  After getting home from work, I would have to organise dinner for myself and Miss (then 3), give her a bath, breastfeed her to sleep, and put her to bed.  After she was in bed, I would do the dishes from the day (no dishwasher here), bring in washing (or take it off the airing racks), fold it and stack it for putting away.  I would run the vacuum cleaner over the living areas, feed the cats, put another load (or 3) in the washing machine.  Catch up on emails, and Facebook.  Have a shower.  Check bank account details and make sure that everything was being paid as should be (a bit paranoid ever since my ex didn't pay the bills for 6 months).  I would get to bed about 11pm.  And be up again between 6am - 8am.  Oh and in that 7 hours of "sleep" I would get about 5 hours because Miss would come into bed for more boobie.  When I got up, I would make her breakfast (porridge, scrambled egg, etc), make her lunch for daycare, get her clothes ready, hang out the washing (or put it on the airing racks) from the night before, get myself dressed and hair done for work.  I don't drive, so would get a lift to work with Miss's daycare provider (a friend).  The end of the day I would walk home (a 20 - 30 minute walk).  Up until about 6 months previous I would wear a full face of makeup  while Miss was watching TV in the mornings.  I would say that I didn't have time for "exercise".  I don't go to the gym - hate it.  My exercise is walking everywhere because I don't drive.

Then one day I was running really late.  And didn't have time for makeup.  No one commented.  No one cared.  It saved me 10 minutes in the morning.  Meant that I was no longer frazzled.

Now, 6 months later, I am not working.  I am a stay at home mum.  Miss still goes to daycare.  My energy levels are pretty low.  I am waiting for surgery.  I don't tend to bother with makeup.  I have enough to deal with, with low energy levels (I don't sleep well most nights either, with my leg being very sore) I have to pick and choose what I use my energy on.  I can no longer walk anywhere, have to catch a taxi to go into town.  A walk which would have taken me 10 minutes.  I am on crutches now.  Makeup, although I love it, now occupies a very small fraction of my thinking and time.  

As someone ^^ up there said, don't judge someone for how they choose to spend their time.  There might be a very good reason as to why they are "time-poor", and more to it than what you might see.

:)
TillysMum
30 posts
But I would also not judge someone for wearing a full face and perfect hair each day either.  I would be envious but I certainly wouldn't judge them.

**and sorry for the novel**
100_percent_ash
488 posts
For me it's not about the time as such but about the uninterupted time. I'm a slapdash 5min makeup artist too but even sparing that much time is genuinely hard. I really don't think you can judge until you've walked in someone else's shoes.

I get up around 6.45, switch jug on, wrangle child onto the toilet to prevent accident, sit down outside toilet and change nappy and breastfeed, take child off toilet and chase to get pants back on, relatch and continue feeding baby, hear child getting into the pantry and fridge due to apparent not having eaten in weeks, rememebr I was making a cuppa so turn jug back on, unlatch again and fix breakfast, forget to finish breastfeed and instead give baby food, clean up godawful mess toddler makes of breakfast, quickly dash to washing machine and remove load number two (number one was done the night before) and start number three fearful baby will choke the whole time but needs must, pour semi-boiling water over teabag, duck into bedroom again hoping baby doesn't choke and gather clothes for the day, accept that baby isn't going to eat breakfast and clean up smooshed food from try, floor, walls and baby, remove teabag from cold tea and microwave, take soiled bibs and flannels to napisan bucket, add milk to tea, wrestle baby into clothes, wrestle toddler into clothes, cart towel for baby to lie on and washing outside, wrangle toddler into gumboots, carry baby out to line, hang vast VAST amounts of washing, sigh as baby is off the towel and instead covered in lawn mud and eating grass, sigh as toddler has kicked off gumboots and covered in water she has found in some corner of the garden, carry baby and herd toddler back inside, change both kids with much complaining by both, spy cold cup of tea and guzzle it like the lifeline it is, quickly scoff half banana left over from baby's breakfast, look at clock, panic, yell hurry up we gotta go, hurry to bathroom and wash face, tone, moisturise, apply eye cream, stop toddler from getting into prized makeup and cosmetics collection, ignore babies cries because goddammit I need to at least do this, brush hair, brush teeth, set up stool for toddler to brush teeth, recheck clock and stress levels rise again, change toddlers top because she's got it wet while brushing teeth,take toddler to toilet, explain that it is not time for snack because we have to go and she should have eaten the breakfast she requested, pck snack to put in bag, check that bag has enough nappies and wipes for the morning, fill water bottles and put in bag, chase toddler to put pants back on, force toddler to wash hands. retrieve shoes and hunt down toddler again, rememebr I haven't fed the animals, feed animals, deal with toddler meltdown from not getting to feed the animals because I was in a hurry, change baby's nappy, quickly top up baby on the breast, open front curtains to make it appear house is running somewhat functionally, switch everthing off at walls, load car with mum stuff and pray toddler doesn't murder baby while they are unsupervised together, back car out to be able to fit both kids in as cannot open both doors in gaarage, hurry inside, strongarm children to car, wrestle into carseats, savour the 10 second walk as I walk to the drivers door and breiefly know that bith kids are safe and restrained and I can breathe in the fresh air (this is seriously the highlight of the morning for me), get in car and literally say "we made it!". The time is now 9.06 and we are officially late.

It's worth noting that my kids are well within the realm of normal for a 7mo and 23mo not crazed demon children. This isn't a worst case scenario run down it's pretty much my groundhog day standard morning. I think I make things hard on myself by not allowing TV but that's a parenting decision we made. 

I feel really sad that people would thnk I was lazy because I wasn't entirely put together. As you can see my morning is far from lazy. I think there's a huge misconception that mums sit around watching Jeremy Kyle all day and that's just not the case. I am busier than I have ever been before. I love it, it's the most rewarding experience of my life but it is HARD. Most days I manage a splash of BB and a coat of mascara but if I don't I genuinely don't give a rat's because my appearance is no longer how I derive my worth.
-Bex-
611 posts
that was a BRILLIANT read Ash loved it!! Glad I'm not the only one that has absolute chaotic mornings! I too love that breath of fresh air and saviour the moment when I get kids in the truck. I sometimes think how the H I got through some days yesterday was 4:30am till 10:30pm and I managed to properly chill for 30mins! I wouldn't change it for the world though
trudijoy
8375 posts
I feel like I might have been misinterpreted through here, but I'm pleased that there are lots of varied opinsions emerging.

Can I just reiterate that if you don't have/make/need (whatever!) time for makeup and hair that that says nothing about you other than that you don't have/make/need (whatever!) time for makeup and hair.

The inital point was about people using their lack of time as a justification to make (sometimes slightly defensive)  comments to people who DO have/make the time to do makeup and hair, NOT a judgement about those who don't have/make time in the first place.  I'm a horrendously busy person, but it's a bliss moment for me in the mornings to take 10-15 to make myself a little more colourful.

I appreciate that being a parent is a busy, time consuming thing, don't get me wrong here xx
100_percent_ash
488 posts
My other favourite is the 20 steps to check the letterbox when I get home and the kids are locked in the car haha. My list isn't exhaustive either somewhere in all that I manage to get dressed and toileted myself, tidy the house as best I can, and I attempt some quality time with the kids. Hardest thing about having 2 under 2 is they are both entirely dependent (and usually counterproductive) on me to get them ready.

I don't judge anyone for how they spend their time though.

Pre-kids I thought being a stay at home mum would be sooooo easy and my house would be spotless, I'd have a flawless mani, I'd great my partner with dinner and a smiling baby every night. How's that for a joke?! I do the dinner because I'm actually amazing in the kitchen that's my talent but the rest hasn't happened simultaneously maybe ever lol.
charly
456 posts
Ash, I'm a stay at home mum as of 4 months ago. Every day I amaze myself with how little I get done, lol. Today hubby was like 'can you do this and this and this today?' I said I wouldn't have time to do all that. He said 'but you have time when she sleeps, right?' I told him yes, but I use that time to feed myself, shower, toilet, etc! An hour and a half to myself over the course of 24 hrs just isn't that much!

But back to Trudi's original point, yeah I guess when people say they don't have time, they really mean they don't prioritise that thing with their time. Personally I prioritise hanging laundry over putting on makeup. But I'm working on making getting dressed a higher priority. Midday finds me hanging laundry in my PJs too often!

On the bright side, I've managed to do BB cream a few times lately- life is getting less hectic as the little one grows up!
charly
456 posts
Also I think getting up before my baby wakes and getting ready for the day is a good idea, but she wakes sometime between 6:30am and 9am. I just never know!
100_percent_ash
488 posts
I don't think I'd sleep at all if I got up earlier. My boy gets up 3x a night my longest stretch is between 4 and 6.30 if I gave any of that up to put makeup on I'd be a fool. It's nearly 1 and I'm still up because my kids are tag teaming me.

It does get easier Charly a combination of baby being more predictable, you getting more organised, and thinking stuff it I'm just gonna chance a dash to the shops without the change of clothes and full nappy bag and pray no pooplosions/spew happens. I refuse to run errands though getting the kids in and out of the car then in and out of the pram and so on for multiple short stops is the stuff of nightmares haha.
100_percent_ash
488 posts
I don't think I'd sleep at all if I got up earlier. My boy gets up 3x a night my longest stretch is between 4 and 6.30 if I gave any of that up to put makeup on I'd be a fool. It's nearly 1 and I'm still up because my kids are tag teaming me.

It does get easier Charly a combination of baby being more predictable, you getting more organised, and thinking stuff it I'm just gonna chance a dash to the shops without the change of clothes and full nappy bag and pray no pooplosions/spew happens. I refuse to run errands though getting the kids in and out of the car then in and out of the pram and so on for multiple short stops is the stuff of nightmares haha.
trudijoy
8375 posts
I get that mum of 3 but the post wasnt at all an attack. Slightly controversial apparently but nothing i wrote warranted me being called judgemental. Even after clarification people chose to take offense. It is what it is.

Thanks to those who did understand the point.

And yes bb cream, coloured eyeliner and tinted lipbalm have saved me on many an occasion lol
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
Trudi, I think that is the problem with forums and groups alike, because when you put something in words it can actually come across differently to how it would if say you were actually talking to that person face to face.  Unfortunately us Mummies do tend to get a bit defensive when someone posts something like this and we can take it the wrong way too, call it lack of sleep and running after kids lol.

I think that if you have a passion for something and enjoy doing something, you do try to make time for it.  Like I said I always make sure I have that couple of minutes to apply BB cream because of the way my skin is, and if I don't get chance to apply it, which usually is quite rare, I will make sure I apply it once I drop the kids off to school.  Mad scramble for the BB cream, slap on face, make sure all is blended and not patchy, wipe hands with tissue or baby wipe and then start the car and head off to study lol xx  The joys of BB cream, I can't live without it lol.
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
Oh no, I didn't say it was an attack hun nor did I say you were being judgemental x I was just saying that some read things differently, i.e. how one person sees something, someone else can see entirely different x

I would also find it annoying if someone said the same thing to me because every person has a different situation, priorities etc and unless people know what you do in your life then they shouldn't judge (I mean in general them judging you because you don't have children etc).

Totally not having a go hun x And here is another example how my words have been interpreted differently to how I was trying to explain lol, its so hard to explain when typing he he he x
trudijoy
8375 posts
Nah you didnt say judgemental but a couple of ppl furrher up did...

Its all about priorities. Noone should judge those who are time poor - but those who are also shouldnt judge.
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
Exactly, nobody should judge anybody x

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!