Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Makeup Brushes

18 posts, 16 members
jalb88
121 posts
Hey Ladies. Just wondering how often you guys wash your makeup brushes? I'm wanting to use my foundation brush to apply my liquid foundation on a more regular basis, but not sure if I should be rinsing it after each use ? I'm also going to start using my eye make up brush more too so would love your thoughts on these! I use a blush and a powder brush but don't wash these very regularly- just when they start looking a bit full of powder! 
shazatron101
5112 posts
I only wear makeup twice a week - if that - so I don't wash my brushes too often. Maybe once a month :-)
trudijoy
8375 posts
Once a week. The Bossy Brush Cleaning Kit is excellent, & super simple to use. I use my brushes and blender daily
MissQT
1547 posts
The brushes I regularly use (mainly my stippling brush for foundation) I wash and do a deep clean every two weeks (I'm lazy but it should be once a week!). I just rinse in Luke warm water then eh with baby shampoo. You can also spot clean your brushes after each use. You can buy spot cleaners or use isopropyl alcohol.
kirstyj
1732 posts
I try and deep clean my brushes at least once a week, but in reality it is probably every fortnight.

With your foundation brush I think weekly is fine, but if you have skin issues (pimples etc) then you might want to clean it quickly daily.
Shana_Banana84
567 posts
Usually once a week but my real techniques foundation brush and my sponge I wash every two or three days because the product builds up in them something chronic. 
Ringy
825 posts
I wipe them across a face wipe a couple of times a week and wash my beauty blender knock off with the hand soap - probs not the best for them. I use the special makeup brush cleaner maybe once a month. I don't wear makeup everyday though. In my 20's I don't think I hardly ever cleaned them.
ragingfrog
1289 posts
I bought new brushes and a cleaning set so I would actually do mine more often than "brush isn't applying it as well now" clean, which was the first time in forever.
I do have one brush I rinse clean each time I use it but as I use it for face masks and there is nothing worse than crusty dry face mask when you need to use the brush. 
k3r1pakai
1185 posts
I wash my weekly and my real techniques blending sponge I wash every 1 to 2 uses depending on how it looks and use the bossy brush cleansing liquid pump it on dampen and squeeze tI'll water runs clear then pit into water cupboard to air dry.
Brushes wash rinse and hang to dry on the towel rail
k3r1pakai
1185 posts
I wear makeup every day and I have two of everything so kinder switch them but only wash them once a week. So if I'm doing a more pearlescent summer eye look I stick to the same brushes and for a matte look use others. But if I had the fast cleansing spray I would most probably use that each application of make up.
Sarahbeautynz
1031 posts
The brushes I use for powder products I will spot clean every week or so. My beauty blender and foundation brush I spot clean before every use as I find it affects the application if I don't. I don't deep clean any of my brushes enough though...oops!
Farmers-Wife
2052 posts
I try and give mine a good wash once a week. If I haven't worn makeup much once a fortnight.
I use the bossy cleaner and also have the bossy quick wash stuff. Its great if i think a brush is dirty and need it right away
Pifithrin
1243 posts
I wash mine once a week. If you have active breakouts I would also spot clean your face brushes after every use.
chikoboo
3402 posts
Yep I wash mine once a week but have a spot cleaner that I use often especially with eye brushes where you want to swap colours without making a mess of them colours on your eyes.  Spot cleaner by Bossy is really simple to use as is all their other brush care products.  A quick sqritz and then swipe over a kitchen towel gives your brush a quick clean that removes the colour instantly so you can continue on with your look
jalb88
121 posts
thanks ladies, I'll have to look into these quick/spot cleaners as Im worried I might make my face break out if I don't clean my foundation brush regularly! 
Kellyleanne
551 posts
I also do mine once a week too. 
Mila
1209 posts
Im the same as a lot of the ladies here I give mine a good wash once a week.  I use my brushes daily and I find they give a much better application if they are all clean and fresh :)
pumau
121 posts
I work monday and fridays so i always convince myself i'll wash them monday night so my days off i dont have to worry but i never do and then friday arrives and i post pone to monday again. I do it monthly but i wear make up three days a week and have clear skin. or fortnightly,  whenever i remember, with sensitive hand soap.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!