Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Maintenance day

24 posts, 22 members
Hi lovelies,

Do you have a chosen day of the week for maintenance or pampering or is it on a whim?
100_percent_ash
488 posts
Usually a Saturday when I get the night off cooking and have the energy for it lol! Often if the man of the house is out at training during the week, the kids are asleep and I've miraculously caught up on the housework (or think stuff it) I'll drag out a mask or my polishes during the week though. It's hard to prioritise self-care though there's never enough hours in the day.
MareeB
5244 posts
Hi Whittakers-lover I usually try to do all my maintenance on a Sunday so I don't have to worry about it duirng the week. I don't have to do all the plucking, creaming and dying I used to do because a beauty therapist does it nowdays,, so it doesn't take all morning like it used to!!!  Oh I miss my youth when getting up and showering covered most of my routine :)
kirstyj
1732 posts
I usually have maintenance day on a Sunday night. I think it is really because I cook a roast on a Sunday night and you don't really have to do much with that... It just sits in the oven. I like to give my feet a proper clean up, paint nails, have a bath or a luxurious shower (using body oils etc), and use a face and hair mask. Oh and properly shave my legs rather than the half-assed job I do during the week. Makes me feel nice and relaxed and well put together for the work week ahead.
Pifithrin
1243 posts
Sunday night if you count painting my nails as maintenance. Masks and scrubs I don't have a set day but it's usually 1-2 times a week.
EnyaMUA
1109 posts
Sunday for me too haha. To prepare myself for the week ahead and now that I've started going out Friday/Saturday nights I double need it. My feet will get a lot of pampering tonight, wore heels for like 4 hours last night and they were killer. 
Danni
324 posts
Usually Friday since I don't have uni/work so I'm free to relax before work Saturday and uni Monday. It works well for me since I work late night Thursdays so it's nice to relax after a sleep in Friday :)
Macs
5351 posts
I'm random. If I know I have something on , I like to do my nails and face mask beforehand. So if its a Saturday dinner or trip away I'll get myself ready Friday.
Macs
5351 posts
I'm random. If I know I have something on , I like to do my nails and face mask beforehand. So if its a Saturday dinner or trip away I'll get myself ready Friday.
trudijoy
8375 posts
Sundays a definite but i usually do (at the very least) one midweek hair mask and one face one. Nails, hair removal and the like just as needed/inspired
ladythorn
108 posts
I usually do most of my pampering on week nights as my partner works nights. Then I convince him to let me put a face mask on him during the weekend, however he doesn't need much convincing...  Hehe :) 
Kellie
570 posts
I am Whim-Girl. Actually I'm more 'Oh my giddy aunt how long is my leg hair!?'' girl (I am so excited to be returning to pasty form so I can get the old ipl out and start zapping my legs again!), or 'oh my god my eyebrows have spread over half my face' girl, or 'geez louise could my skin be any worse!?' girl. So basically nothing gets done over and above my daily skincare routine unless I suddenly cotton onto it ... and I just want y'all to know that attitude does not extend to my housecleaning abilities... *cough*
1139 posts
I shave my legs every few days but for most other things I'm like Kellie. I look at my eyebrows and go, 'crap how long have they looked this overgrown?!' and then I fix them haha
SandieNZ
424 posts
I'm like Kellie with this - I'm a 'oh my god when in the hell did that happen, must fix it now!!' kind of girl.  I wish I had more maintenance time but it never seems to work out that way.
shazatron101
5112 posts
I think I do what Kellie does, often haha. If I feel like doing a mask I do it, if I feel like painting my nails, or plucking my brows I do it. I don't designate a day. I do shave my legs every Saturday though haha :P
Sarahbeautynz
1031 posts
My one routine is doing my nails on a Sunday night so they're freshly manicured for the week ahead. I'm generally too lazy for much else. I'm thinking I should start fake tannng again for the pure fact that I own soo many tanning products and need to use them up! The effort though...

I pretty much pluck my eyebrows on the daily. As soon as I can feel an unwanted eyebrow hair coming through, it swiftly gets tweezed. I get so much satisfaction from it, haha.
Lutece
1849 posts
I love how you call it maintenance day, normally its when I feel up for it but I make sure its within a 2 week mark, most times when I have "me time" ive been doing alot of baking or watching movies" face masks feel a bit cold for me to do right now lol
Jesse
745 posts
I normally have a pamper session Sunday night with mask n what not, make sure my nails are 'work-friendly' - no polish, short and filed. Good way to finish up the week and start the next one fresh for work.
Mareebros, I hear you.  Gone are the days of shower and your done.  lol

Sunday for me is generally 'nail night'.  Sometimes during the week I may do 'nail maintenance'.

Otherwise, face masks etc.. will be on a whim.  :-)
Thebeautycontext
1768 posts
Sunday night is totally my afternoon for pampering, having a bath, face mask, and doing my nails! I dont know why i don't do it on saturday, but sunday just seems like more of a relaxing 'me' day! 
Cesy
162 posts
Totally when I find the time or find the need. Obviously Sunday is a good day because you have a bit of time, but sometimes things will happen other nights. When the Mister worked nights I would do something most nights, but now I go to the gym after work and he's home, that's dropped off.
janini9
341 posts
Yup, like Kellie but usually just prior to having to be somewhere. Hence pampering tends to be a last minute, rushed, better fix that before someone thinks omg that's gross or jeez she's letting herself go.
When I was younger sans kids with disposable income all for me, I had pamper days, salon days and massage days. Sigh, it was wonderful.
Jodielolevans
40 posts
Yes! For me it's sunday night! I chuck on a face mask-sometimes a hair mask too. Have a foot spa and file/paint my nails! :D
nemesisroxx
506 posts
For me, it is definitely on weekend and usually on a whim/if I remember to. I have really huge brain farts being a single mum of 3 full on gremlins I usually have so much on my plate that sometimes I forget to "maintain" and look after myself... for example, I was putting roll on my underarms this morning and realised that I have not shaved in a rather loooong time >.< EEEEK!! 

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!