Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Double Duty products

13 posts, 12 members
Macs
5351 posts
Do you double duty your products? Blush for eye shadow, Shimmering eye shadows for highlight. Dark shadows as eye brow colouring? Are you a fan or not? After seeing shimmering lip stick as a highlight made me think about it more. 
I have done it with eye shadows but not lipstick. Haven't done it for a while though.

Rezee
1964 posts
Yes, I'm currently using the shade Virgin from the Naked palette as a highlight shade. It's helping me use it up just that bit faster. ?I've used the za gel liner in brown a few times in my brows before.Um, I think that might be about it though!
idomakeupnz
150 posts
I often use eyeshadows as brow colours (: they're basically the same thing.
Just be cautious when using products as multitaskers, make sure the pigments/dyes are eye/lip safe (:
shazatron101
5112 posts
Sometimes I do this! I use one of my chocolate bar colors as a highlight, it's the shimmery pink one! If I feel like highlighting that is ;-) 
trudijoy
8375 posts
All the time. I used Benefit Sun Beam (bronze highlighter) as primer today and i often use whatevers handy wherever i fancy
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
I tried this today! I used a red lipstick as an undereye concealer today as I don't have a orange/red colour concealer to use. I saw it on youTube and gave it a go. It didn't do too bad.
I just recently purchased a bronzer that is a great bronzer but a better highlight to be honest. It makes a nice shimmer eyeshadow too!
MrsO
196 posts
I have used lipstick as a cream blusher for years, it works well for me.
Pifithrin
1243 posts
I've said it on here multiple times before but I'm currently panning a pink blush that I am also using on my eyes to use it up faster (although it is still taking an age...)

I also use brown eyeshadow on my eyebrows. I've seen people use cream eyeshadows for contour and filling in their brows too.
itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
Lipstick and eyeshadow have both been used as blush and bronzer to save space in my bag when traveling in particular.
2lilmnkys
106 posts
I do this alot. I used orange lipstick for dark circles and eyeshadows for highlight and eyebrows. Also used lipstick for a blush and blushes for eyeshadows, mascara for eyeliners if I run out.

I feel that the products get more use this way.
Macs
5351 posts
Some great ideas here to help me use my make up up. Definately going to try some of these out.
tannygirl
3392 posts
I have used some of my shimmering eyeshadows as a highlighter before. I've done the lipstick as blusher thing but I have found out that usually made me breakout and if used a "drier" lipstick it would blend as well.
MareeB
5244 posts
I tried using lipstick as a blusher once and ended up looking like a clown. I've never tried it again.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!