Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

essential oils

11 posts, 7 members
dmnelson71
64 posts
I have recently started getting into essential oils.  I'm looking for input on how people use them and which ones they use.  I have lemongrass for swelling and cinnamon for weightloss.  Any help would be great.
chikoboo
3402 posts
I love using essential oils, here are my top faves:

Lavender - as I use soap nuts as my laundry detergent I add a few drops into the cup of hot water I steep them in before putting it into the machine,  acts like a fabric conditioner.    Also use as sleeping aid, a drop or 2 in a basin of hot water that I soak a flannel in then freshen my face before bed.  Or direct onto a tissue then place inside my pilowcase.

Pine needle - add to hot water, baking soda and white vinegar as a natural floor cleaner.   Popping a few drops onto a tissue thn sucking it up the vacuum both methods leave a pine freshness naturally.   

Rosehip oil - as a facial conditioner/moisturiser

PaigeC
194 posts
I've never really used essential oils so will be interested to see responses. 
100_percent_ash
488 posts
I have always used a few around the house but have just recently realised their huge potential in my beauty routine. Largely thanks to a BR trial for Le'esscience cleanser and serum I was blessed to be included in while back. 

I wouldn't know where to start with blending my own. Although I would love to get into it in the future when I have a little more time on my hands, especially after seeing the results from the products I used. 

I can fully vouch for the awesomeness of Le'esscience and spend just a bit of time dreaming about what products I want to order. The only thing that stops me is that I want EVERYTHING which just isn't feasible. 

I will definitely be buying her labour bundle soon though and am so excited to get the chance to test it out.
100_percent_ash
488 posts
BR had an oil week not long ago so if you go to the oil tab under wellbeing or search essential oils it should pull up the very helpful articles BR Nat and a couple of guest writers from memory writ on th etopic. Sorry I'm crap at linking here.
dmnelson71
64 posts
I recently flew home to the states and by the time I reached my destination I was so swollen in my legs and feet.  I ran into a lady who sold oils at a fair and she told me about Lemongrass.  So I bought some and used it topically for swelling I thought it worked great also in the bath.  I also purchased cinnamon for weight loss and one called synergy which is used for  anxiety and depression.  I really like the effects and would like to purchase a bed side diffuser for night time. 
Julieal
915 posts
How is cinnamon used for weight loss ?

I love lavendar on the pillow if I am tired
Julieal
915 posts

I love lavender on the pillow if I am tiree
Julieal
915 posts

I love lavender on the pillow if I am tired
trudijoy
8375 posts
lavender on the pillow, peppermint to keep mice away, and have used a few in the past in oil burners just because they smelled nice hehe
Macs
5351 posts
I like Eucalyptus oil for when I have a cold. For soothing and calming I like white musk oil. Peppermint for foot baths.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!