Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

7 posts, 6 members
Cat
474 posts
Anyone out there have any products they swear by that help fade freckles? I have always had freckles (more now then I use to) and they never use to bother me, but I think now I'm leaving my 20's behind they just don't seem so cute! I am currently using Keilhs dark spot correction serum (which was damn expensive!) and while its done something special to my skin it hasn't actually faded my freckles :( 
Crisper
66 posts
Well,I've still got freckles and I'm 41:)  and I would also like to discover something to fade them away and I haven't discovered yet anything that trully works.Nevertheless I can't say that it bothers me a lot, in fact they give some charm and uniqueness:)So cheer up!
Kellyleanne
551 posts
I think freckles are cute! 
skingeek
537 posts
If they've always been there, that's just the way your skin produces melanin. However if they're darkening, or you're developing more, that's photo damage. You can improve the appearance of existing pigmentation and help to prevent more with use of topical vitamin c plus spf 30 (reappied a couple of times a day, or wear mineral powder) in the A.M and topical vitamin c and a in the P.M. If you're really worried, photorejuvination works wonders.
Be aware though, the pigmentation you're seeing as you're getting older is damage which is at least ten years old, so prevention of more damage now is key, as it'll only darken and bring up more spots as time goes on.
skingeek
537 posts
Another product which really does drastically fade melanin is hydroquinone,. However it's now classified as a medicine in nz and is difficult to come by. I've worked with it professionally and it's very good. However it's to be usef ONLY at nigjt, washed off in the morning and used in conjunction with spf30 during the day, as it can cause sunlight sensitivity. At the moment, as I said, it's difficult to come by, but you can get it overseas.
marnieb
2 posts
My friend used to have quite a few freckles, but she also had quite fair skin and started applying a thin layer of spf30 sunscreen about a year ago, and today her freckles are barely visible. They are still there but due to less sun exposure they have faded a substantial amount.
Heather
79 posts
I've never tried anything that's minimised my freckles (not that I mind, i think they're cute lol) but being out in the sun seems to make them show up a lot more for me.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!