Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

VPL laser hair removal

13 posts, 7 members
Cat
474 posts
I am looking into getting VPL hair removal and was wondering if anyone here who has had this can share with me their experience. I will be looking at going to Caci Clinic in New Plymouth, I'm not sure if there is anywhere else in the Taranaki region that provides this service. I'd also be very interested in roughly how much it costs as there are no prices on their site. 

Any info or advice would be great! 
lauraisme
52 posts
I was just coming on to ask the same question and then saw your post! I would love to hear how well it works.
skingeek
537 posts
I work at the caci clinic, and this is where I strived to work because of the high standards. Staff are fully and properly trained, we have fantastic equipment and strict protocol. You'll be in very good hands. I've had VPL and the results are fantastic. Much better than IPL.
skingeek
537 posts
Also, you won't get a quote until you go into the clinic ad it depends on the size of the area etc. Ring up and ask for a complimentary freedom consult.
lauraisme
52 posts
Kate, do you mind me asking what area you had treated? And what results did you experience - was it longlasting? Did it remove all or most of the hair? Thanks for the info :)
skingeek
537 posts
Sure :) I've just about completed my brazilian (had six out of 8 treatments) and had a great reduction. There's a few hairs left now (you shouldn't expect 100%- we work towards 80%, which is a good result. More is possible, but we don't promise that. Also, the hair must be dark- it's not gotten rid of my blonde hairs as there must be melanin in the hair to attract the light). You really have to stick to it though. We recommend the hair removal program because that entails 8 treatments, and we make sure we book you every 6 weeks. If you miss a treatment you may jeopardise your results so make sure you can complete a whole course. I've also had about 4 sessions on my underarms which have reduced by about half. I've been lazy with them and haven't treated them in sbout eight months, but I only have to shave my underarms about once a week- if that, as the treatment also retards the growth.
I do recommend going in and getting a complimentary consult, as not everyone is eligible. Skin/hair type affect whether or not it will work for you.
lauraisme
52 posts
Thank you so much for your help! I've been told I would be a good candidate (light skin and dark hair). I might wait til next winter to do this, and I will definitely go to Caci. Thanks again.
Cat
474 posts
I ended up going into Caci for a consult, was really impressed by their service. Sounded really good too but I think I will wait till after summer as I want to have some colour over summer! Was surprised I wouldn't even be able to fake tan! 
skingeek
537 posts
yeah, best wait until winter. No sun, no fake tan, no waxing! N you gotta wear spf in the areas all the time. If you darken you're at risk of burning.
Maimy
76 posts
is it painful at all? What are the possible side effects?
tannygirl
3392 posts
Kate would you please be able to tell me the difference between VPL laser and IPL laser I recently thought of getting my upper lip done as waxing really hurts there and I can never get everything off I recently thought of getting IPL but now I saw this thread taking about VPL. I though if I had my upper lip lasered perhaps I wouldn't have to wax as much or as often.
Finra
1 posts
Cat, depending which part of the body you want VPL done, the prices vary.
Caci is ridiculously expensive. Just the underarms cost $1,100 for the entire treatment, $165 per session. VPL isn't even laser. Their freedom package that includes a guarantee period claims to give you benefits IF your hair growth reduction is over 80% - otherwise, you won't get that benefit. The lady who consulted me said I get two years of maintanence service, just incase my hair grows back, and talked about getting other services that is within 30 minutes at no cost. What she said however is totally different from what is described on the website.

Not cost effective, not laser and not matching what their programme package claims to provide customers. Definitely not going there.

PS> For obvious reasons, people who work at Caci would speak on their behalf.
LJ
1 posts
This is an old post but lots of people still search up the effaciacy of laser hair removal and with Caci. I went on the caci program with the two for one deal (underarms and brazillain). It cost almost $2,000 for the program which was roughly 6 sessions. With an extra session or two if you don't get at least than 70% reduction in growth. I've hit the 7th session and was booked for the 8th but have pretty much given up on the whole idea. I am a light but not pale skinned tone with brown hair. My hair reduction at a guess could be maybe 10/15% and thats being optimistic. I had hoped for even a 50% reduction as a worst case but was sadly dissapointed. 

I still have a tidy bush and downy underarms (I'd post a pic but I think that would be frowned upon) that's after the money was spent and the sessions completed. Would I pay money to try another program to see if I could get more reduction, definitley not. Would I recommend it? 100% not to anyone with brown hair anyway. Perhaps it works for black hair only. I couldn't comment to that.

I went with Caci as I bought in to the reputable name and didnt think they would sell a product that was ineffective. I tried their botox program and was really happy with that so I won't write Caci off completely. But laser hair removal. No.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!