Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Does anyone have their underarms waxed

34 posts, 25 members
I have never waxed my underarms. Do any of you?
Mrs_rain85
437 posts
I had my underarms waxed for years until i could no longer afford it and i have to say it is waaaay better than shaving, its just overall nicer you know and with the pain thing, personally i find leg waxing hurts more, but thats just my opinion.  You must get them waxed atleast once
moonsand0wls
13 posts
No! I cringe even thinking about it haha! But I suppose it would be a LOT better than shaving and may reduce the nice stubble you get under there and that. But I don't know, seems it might hurt... a little a lot... haha
tannygirl
3392 posts
I've plucked, shaved and epilated but never waxed. I don't have alot of hair there but I avoid shaving as I think it will grow back more dense and prickly than plucking or epilating.
Lutece
1849 posts
Ive had under my arms waxed a few times, its worth it if you can afford to, it does hurt but each time hurts less, and it takes a long time for them to grow back :-)
Kellie
570 posts
I've never waxed my pits - but I Veeted them once and ended up with stinging lumps the size of golf balls under each arm.  I spent the night walking around with icy cold flannels tucked under them trying to ease the pain.  I took it as a sign that I was to stick with shaving ;)
nessfindlay
36 posts
I've waxed my underarms for 17 years now, the only way to go! The hair grows back finer and more sparse. 
Thank you for all the feedback ladies. Lots to think about. Kellie, that sounds really painful you poor thing. I am normally the victim of " if something is going to go wrong, will be with me". Lol
RachelM
345 posts
I'm a huge fan of waxing, and yes waxing everything.  After many years in the beauty industry and having my waxing done at work, I decided to purchase my own wax pots, rollers and so I could wax my friends and family at home (they wouldn't come to the Spa were I worked, too expensive lol)  I also waxed myself which took a few funny attempts.  I still hate doing my legs, there the worst for me, but its soooo worth it.  I have very fine hair now and really minimal hairs under my arms, I think I do my underarms maybe every 8-10 weeks.  I notice I don't have that dark patch as you can get from shaving.  I actually have taught hubby as I'm unable to do much at moment.  

I would really recommend that you go to a therapist couple times before you maybe try the home waxing kits.  Also go in the morning and not around your menstral cycle, that can make you more senstive, you can also take a couple panadol before you go that could help.  Remember its only a quick flash of not alot of pain and the pain doesn't last.  Check out the Salon Reviews to see if anyone has recommended a Salon in your area.   
jessickaxnz
1176 posts
I had mine done once and never, ever again. I couldn't handle the pain even though the finish ws really nice and I didn't have to shave for a long time. For me personally I much prefer to continue shaving.
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
Not me, I'm too chicken to do that lol.  I find it hard enough to get my legs waxed and even then I only do that now and again, razor or hair removal cream all the way for me.  I've attempted to wax my legs before but freaked out because when it came to pulling the strip off I panicked and had to get my partner to do it he he he.  Was so embarrassing lol.
Kaiarahi
160 posts
I find it's the worst place to wax in terms of pain BUT it's like 2 seconds, so tolerable. The hairs grow back so fine! 
Manda129
419 posts
I always wax my armpits, but i wax my own, being a beauty therapist i have all the professional wax to use, i wouldnt reccomend starting with over the counter wax, definitely try waxing you will either love it or hate it, 
Different areas affect everyone differently, i can happily have my armpits waxed but you cant touch my legs, i cry like a baby :)
As someone mentioned previously, especially for your first time try to go 2 weeks before/2 weeks after your menstrual cycle, this is when it will be the least painful, and everytime you go it does get better and alot less painful :)
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
Thanks for the tip Manda129, will see if I can grab my big girl undies and go and do it he he he :-)
Rhiannon135
74 posts
The closest I've come to waxing my pits is epilating. It was painful and slow. My skin also got very weepy (for want of a better word), so I don't think it's the best choice if your skin is like mine.
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
Oh dear, thats not good, on second thought, think I may hold on to my little girl panties for now lol.  Hope its feeling better now :-)
xjayloux
900 posts
I have once before, it wasnt too bad.

I think epilating is the most painful thing on earth.. I can quite happily sit through a tattoo session but you bring an epilator near me and ill be crying like a baby.. I still cringe when i think about epilating the back of my thighs... SUCH PAIN! 
Thanks for all the advice ladies. Mmmmm, think will stick to my beautician waxing everything but under arms. 
shazatron101
5112 posts
So I got the sugar wax from the vault and I'm in the process of waxing mine today!- any tips? I've googled high and low but I feel like you ladies will know more too. And I haven't felt any pain - weirdly it feels great haha ;P
-Bex-
611 posts
how did it go shaza? sorry i cant offer any advice. cant wait to try this though im going partly INSANE letting my hair grow long enough. i keep wanting to jump in the shower and shave! surely not too much longer to go. does the hair have to be 1/2 cm?
Macs
5351 posts
I cant wait to hear how it goes with your wax ladies. Im a chicken when it comes to home waxing.
shazatron101
5112 posts
It actually doesn't hurt as much as I remember (or at all) but way back when I first had it done I was being waxed by a beauty friend for her exams so maybe she just wasn't that good haha. I only got some of the hairs, not all. I even used Veet wax strips but they worked so much better than the sugar wax - and still not painful. So I don't know. I wish someone else was using the wax so I could compare notes haha
Shana_Banana84
567 posts
I don't but I have done before.  It doesn't hurt that much because it's hardened skin from shaving every other day.  I would much rather shave though because I can't stand having to grow long pit hairs to wax

MareeB
5244 posts
Really? I thought it would be really painful, as the skin seems kinds thin on the under arms. Hmmnn...
shazatron101
5112 posts
I was cringing but I don't feel that much pain from it! Which is lovely. I don't have a high pain tolerance so it's pretty great I can wax without problems. Now to just grow out the leg hairs and become the wookie I've always wanted to be
sam_clarkson
205 posts
the thought of this terrifies me lol
I like to think i have a relatively high pain tolerance but no. not sure I can do that
I get some areas waxed religiously but still think of armpits as too painful haha
niauve
14 posts
I've only ever had my underarms waxed. The pain is so minimal - it's over in a flash, and then it's just a bit numb. 

I also grow hair a bit quicker than normal, so I need to get them done every 2-3 weeks (a month if I can't be bothered, haha) but from what I know it's usually a bit longer than that!
shazatron101
5112 posts
I can't work it - yet. But on a side note, there are two listings for the wax. Which one do I write my review on? Here and Here
Head Pixie
569 posts
Hey Shazatron, I think the elves may have beat me to sorting a double up - so feel free to pop your review here. By the way, your linking is faaaaabulous. (Can you tell I love it when links are linked properly, I'm such a geek!) :) xx
shazatron101
5112 posts
Hehe yes Kellie I think it was sorted minutes after it was posted! Speedy elves, I love it! And yeah I love to link haha. Speaking of, are these the same product? here and here and here ! I noticed it the other day when I was looking for products to review and I'm not sure !
Head Pixie
569 posts
They look like they might be - I'll look into it - thank you! :) xx
Ringy
825 posts
I wax them always- also use the epilator if I'm desperate. My daughter was waxing but then she started to shave for a few months as she was playing heaps of sport and was regrowth conscious- she just got them waxed again and it bled so badly the poor little thing- she is a ginger and I had heard rumors that they have different hair but even the beautician was shocked! I threw out the razors so it's waxing only from now on and hope it thins out or softens up for her.
ouch heck no that would hurt, just thinking about it brings tears to my eyes lol
Filoaha
67 posts
I've had mine waxed professionally before and I didn't find it overly painful. It mainly made me giggle a lot because it was such a strange sensation. 

I did not enjoy however the time that it took for the hair to grow long enough to have it waxed as I prefer to shave everyday!

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!