Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Growing hair longer... Help!

18 posts, 15 members
Hi lovelies,

I currently have hair that is just below my shoulders and I am wanting to grow it longer. I have heard so many different tips for growing out your hair that it's made me slightly confused! I was considering using the F.A.S.T shampoo - does anyone have experience with this? Or does anyone else have some tried and tested tips for growing your hair faster? 

Thank you!!
x
melly650
375 posts
I've heard mane n tail works wonders! You can get it off of iherb and it's cheap as. I have yet to try it though so I cant speak from experience. The before and after pics are great though
Bayley
238 posts
Hey there!

I find that a really good hair skin and nails supplement does wonders for growing hair. Pop into a pharmacy and talk to one of the assistants, they can usually help you choose one which will best suit you or you could always look on iherb if you aren't super picky!
MareeB
5251 posts
I started taking silica and it worked really well - not only for faster growth, but better quality hair. Evening primrose oil also seems to help. Lots of websites recommend having plenty of good protein, especially chicken and eggs in your diet. Good luck  :)
Kia
550 posts
From all the research I've done before, I learnt that diet and exercise is the number one thing to help aid in hair growth. 
But besides from that, what works for me is massaging my scalp once a week, with the oil of my choice, I usually go for coconut and olive mixed together. Heat it up in the microwave for 30 seconds and massage for a good 10minutes into hair. It also helps make hair shiny and soft so bonus! 

Also adding fish oil and a Vitamin B complex and E to your diet can also increase growth.
Thank you all so much for your lovely advice! I was looking for some supplements today but couldn't get my hands on any so will try again tomorrow. I am definitley going to give the oil trick a go too. Currently brushing my hair for 5 minutes at night to massage my scalp as well.

Fingers crossed this all works and when summer comes along I have longer hair!!
x
Farmers-Wife
2052 posts
I've been using mane n tail and mine is finally growing. It never grows until now
Kia
550 posts
Does mane n tail work? I read very different reviews on it. Someone said it was actually shampoo for a horse??
I' find when i'm eating healthy and excercising my skin, hair and nails. i've never had suppliments or used anything else.
Farmers-Wife
2052 posts
Kia it's for both. Crazy aye. I prefer to just use the conditioner. It make hair feel really good and it grows. You can get it on iherb. I did before photos and measured with a tape measure. I needed to know if the claims were right. 
Lutece
1849 posts
There are hair vitamins that are supposed to work amazingly, ive seen a loads of reviews but never went thru with buying any, its hairinfinity, ive attached the link here
Mila
1209 posts
I believe that long and strong hair comes from the inside out I dont really think any external products can make your hair grow.  good diet/loads of water and some supplements will help, try not to use heat styling tools to often or wash your hair to often.  My hair has finally got past what I thought was its "natural longest length" and really all i've done is stop using my straighteners and blow driers, i've started using an all natural shampoo bar no nasty chemicals and conditioning with a bit of apple cider vinegar and trimming split ends only.
DaileJ
16 posts
Lots of interesting and helpful tips from everybody - thank you ladies!

Mareebros
I'm interested in the silica - how long was it before you saw results?  My hair has only ever grown to shoulder length and is very fine.  I'd love to have gorgeous mane of hair that I could tie up into a ponytail!

h_anna
4 posts
When i started taking a collagen supplement my hair grew like an inch within the first couple of months and my hair usually grows that much in a year. I think the trick though is finding the right supplement for you because each person will need different levels of certain things.
kirstysays
762 posts
I too am trying to grow my hair long (it is such a loooong process!).  I have looked into taking supplements like collagen and biotin to help speed up the process.  I have been taking the collagen tablets for quite a while now and think they are really helping so would recommend looking into them :)
isemonger
224 posts
I cut all my hair off and then went to america where everyone has super long hair!!!! I was introduced to mane and tail and I highly recommend it (see my review on here). It helped me to get my gorgeous long hair (I also dyed it during this time).

I also believe that being healthy and giving your body the good stuff inside helps grow gorgeous hair. Sadly there is no quick fix but mane and tail was AMAZING.

I also am a huge fan of coconut oil masks (once every two weeks) which are amaizng for your hair. Is there anything coconut oil can not do?

xx
nic
1 posts
great reading this helpful thread - everyones opinions.
nfrew19
9 posts
Ooooh I am so excited to try some of these things. My hair is currently about three inches off my butt but I want to grow it even longer. Its taken me about four years to get it to this length from about an inch above my shoulders but it seems to be slowing down now :/

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!