Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Argan oil experiences?

17 posts, 15 members
allanahkenny
87 posts
I have really dry frizzy hair and have tried coconut oil to soften it but that didn't seem to work...has anyone had any experience with argan oil? According to google it's the holy grail of hair products but I've had a look around and jeez it's expensive!!
forkat2008
98 posts
Argan Oil is great on your hair, but yeah expensive. I'm not sure what you're really looking for but there are a bunch of products, serums and the like, containing argan oil made to calm your frizz, gloss up your hair, moisturize it etc.I have dry hair and I use Hask: argan oil healing shine treatment, picked it up at a pharmancy for 5 dollars. It's quite light, depending on the condition of your hair you might want something heavier. It doesn't feel oily and just using a tiny bit and smoothing it over dry hair tames flyaways, gives me smooth, glossy, silky soft hair. It doesn't feel like you've got an product in your hair.

I use Argan Oil shampoo and conditioner
I found the Oil obviously made hair a bit greasy etc.
But the shampoo is great! Makes my hair nice and smooth, so I have no complaints.
Perhaps worth a try?
ljxchendao
3 posts
Is the first time you use it, maybe the first time will be discomfort.
PaigeC
194 posts
I use the Hask argan oil too and love it!  http://www.beautyreview.co.nz/catalogue/hair-care/hask-argan-oil-healing-shine-treatment

I thought maybe I was just making it up, that maybe it wasn't making that much difference to my hair but...I recently ran out and haven't had it for about a week and a half and I am missing it so much! My hair seems way more frizzy and wispy without it. I always use mine on damp hair and then  sometimes I style it, blow dry it or just let it dry natural.

Its so affordable! I pick mine up from Farmers- it might look like a small bottle but you really get a lot of use out of it.
batspoon
4 posts
Another good value for money brand argan oil is from Moreish - a little goes a looooong way.  I apply a couple drops through wet hair (obviously amount depends on how much hair) and you can blow dry or let dry naturally.
http://www.moreishskincare.com/moreishweb/product.asp?pID=223&cID=95
chippypalmer
54 posts
I heard amazing things about argon oil on here and it sounded exactly like what I needed. My hair seems less frizzy and dry with it, and usually I have good hair days now. You can get hask argon oil from farmers for around $5, its a tiny little bottle but lasts longer than you would think. You only need to use a little bit at a time.
Macs
5351 posts
I would love to try argan oil my hair is dry and frizzy.
Macs
5351 posts
I would love to try argan oil my hair is dry and frizzy.
MissQT
1547 posts
My hair use to be really dry and damaged and felt really coarse. Since using argan oil my hair has become softer and less dry. You can get cheaper ones because mines just from the supermarket. The brand I use is organix and I think garnier has one too. The organix ones use is quite thick, and I don't think it's 100% argan oil either.
george
150 posts
I used Argan oil, made my hair incredibly soft but felt so weighed down and a little greasy. I now have Schwarzkopf Dry Oil Mist which has argan oil and its 100x better for me.
gtsgrl
169 posts
I love argan oil, I find the cheaper ones seem to weight my hair down.  Moroccon oil is the best I've used.
I have recently been straightening my hair a lot (for work) and noticed my hair becoming super dry! So I started using argan oil and it's made my hair so soft and smooth! I apply it to wet hair (towel dried but the ends are still wet), and concentrate on applying it to the ends, from about my shoulders down (my hair is quite long), and especially applying the product to the very ends of my hair. I've been using on from the supermarket and found that its been pretty good so far! 
Macs
5351 posts
My hair got dry too from straightening. Im giving my hair a rest . Its been two weeks since I've straightened it. I must try that Argan oil. I keep forgetting. 
MareeB
5250 posts
Is that the OGX hair treatment Fast and Fabulous?
Iris_vanda
2 posts
I'm using Argan Oil glossing spray by TRESemme. I love the smell, it's just fantastic, very gentle, not too sweet. Perfect for hair. But if you apply too much of it on your hair, it'll very soon like a a bunch of rat tails on your head. To be honest, I didn't notice a super effect, just some gloss and nice smell, the texture of my long hair didn't get better.
LinF
63 posts
I got a Karmin Heat Protection & Shining Spray when I purchased the new range from Karmin - the 4 step hair repair system both contain argan oil. I find the spray much easier to use as I have very short hair. I love argan oil especially as it does not make my hair oily, just shiny and protects it from heat damage.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!