Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Sephora orders/ border free shopping

20 posts, 11 members
Hey everyone,

Just wondering if anyone has been able to order from sephora and ship their goods using youshop recently. As its coming up to christmas in the next few months I wanted to see if people are still experiencing problems with orders being cancelled and them not accepting the youshop address. 

Also has anyone been charge extreme amounts for ordering from websites using border free.I was at the checkout on Nordstrom yesterday ordering some christmas gifts and saw that the wanted to charge a extra $80 for duty tax just because the use border free to ship to New Zealand.Correct me it i'm wrong but I thought we only had to pay tax on imports over a certain amount on NZ $ and mine certainly wasnt that high. So im sounding out for some advice does anyone know how to get round these issues?

Cheers 
Leanne
kirstyj
1732 posts
I've done a Sephora order recently (2months ago I think) using YouShop and it went through fine. I have had orders get cancelled in the past though. I think it is just luck.

I always use YouShop with Nordstrom. Their shipping within America is always free so you just need to pay from YouShop. They also have MAC and a lot of other brands so I can pick up a few things all in one order. I have heard though that you need to be careful to make sure everything gets sent in one order as they can often put one thing in another box and send it separately meaning it costs you way more for YouShop.
Thanks for coming back to me, guess it is just luck. If you use youshop to buy off Nordstrom how does it accept you credit card as you have to enter a address to match the shipping?
kirstyj
1732 posts
I've never had a problem with Nordstrom accepting my credit card details at all... I just put in the YouShop address and it doesn't seem to mind.
Jesse
745 posts
I made a Sephora order the other day using Youshop and everything went fine ;)
kirstyj
1732 posts
Oh Jesse what did you order? Love hearing about hauls.
trudijoy
8375 posts
My newly discovered product obsessions with the likes of kat von d might need to try youshop....
Thebeautycontext
1768 posts
I have only tried using sephora once and the order was cancelled. Any tips and tricks.. it said my billing adress didn't matched the delivery address. Maybe its a good thing... I need to cut back on my spending.
ragingfrog
1289 posts
Binary, Sephora picked up that my card wasn't American even though I had changed the address to match my youshop. I asked them because the charge did show on my card but I got an email advising that the order was cancelled and the charge reversed. Ulta and Tarte wouldn't accept my card at all when I put it in.
I want to try ordering from Macy's as they alway seem to have bonuses on.
Rezee
1964 posts
I've been too scared to try. I've never used you shop before, I keep thinking I could end up with a massive post cost. I've been tempted many times though.
So update on me ordering from sephora, placed a order everything went fine recieved a email through on the order. I'm thinking so far so good this was a couple of days ago, checked on sephora today to see if my order would be shipping soon and it says '=12pxUnsuccessful Authorization'
what does this even mean? Am I going to still be charged for this even though it looks like it wont be sent?. Sephora just make our lives easier and ship here! 
And to clarify they dont accept visa debit cards?
kirstyj
1732 posts
I'm pretty sure they wouldn't have a problem with a Visa Debit card. From a Visa point of view and authorisation they are pretty much normal.

The authorisation on your card will drop off in a few days. So you won't get charged for it.

Unsuccessful authorisation - sounds like something was wrong with your card so they couldn't get the funds from it. Not sure exactly what but could mean lack of funds, your bank didn't like that the address didn't match the card, you had a block on your card.

I would just wait a week or so and try again.
Update on Sephora order I contacted customer service and they came back saying it was because the address was registered to multiple people so they would not ship it. Im very dissappointed whats the point of having youshop if american sites wont let us use this service.

So for anyone else thinking of making a order for themselves or for christmas its a game of pot luck you could find youself lucky or not.
chikoboo
3402 posts
Sephora used to let the orders through but recently have cracked down on this unfortunately. There are many others sites that will use you shop like beauty.com and nordstrome even MAC USA. It seems to be Sephora and Ultra who are picky.
chikoboo
3402 posts
When using nordstrome don't use border free service say it's a USA address and then use you shop or you'll have restricted products to choose from as well as high shipping charges
Has anyone had any luck with sephora? both myself and my dad have tried all with different cards and they just keep cancelling the order so it must be the youshop address. Is shipito getting sephora orders through?

I'm just after this gift set from origins for christmas and nowhere else sells it.

If anyone has advice or luck with sephora I really appeciate the feedback. 
You might have luck with ship2u. They're also able to carry flammables(up to 2 100ml bottles of perfume). I haven't tried them yet but I had to dig around for them purely because I needed a shipping service that'd ship dangerous goods when I got a hold of rare vintages in the US.
jessickaxnz
1176 posts
I have used shipito to order from Sephora before and it was successful. I used the personal shopper option and not just the forwarding address. I was asking a friend the other day if she thought Sephora would accept cash passports as payment? Basically they are a debit card but you can load money in up to 9 different currencies. As I'm travelling to the states in a few weeks I have one loaded with US money and I wonder if you could use something like that to bypass their restrictions on international cards? 
Ringy
825 posts
I have had troubles before and my items were getting sent to my husbands work head office in Ohio so there should have been no problem but because my credit card address was Australian not American it wouldn't work, they did email and say I have 48 hours to pay by western union or my order would be cancelled but I didn't do that.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!