Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Possibly NBR - Buying yourself a Christmas Present

88 posts, 21 members
tannygirl
3392 posts
Thanks so much Koni! Do you know what time in the morning it goes on sale normally?
Koni
444 posts
You're welcome Tannygirl :-) last year it was released at 6am Dec 27th.
tannygirl
3392 posts
Oooh thanks. Good to know. I'll set an alarm. I probably won't do a Lush haul this year then but if there's still goodies I want on sale the following week then I'll definitely consider it.
ragingfrog
1289 posts
Thanks for the info on Beautylish Koni. I'm already trying to save some space on the credit card for it as I watched some unboxings and they seem really good value, sure you might get a miss product but the rest should cover you.
Koni
444 posts
Incase anyone is buying a Lucky Bag today, shipping is a little more just because they're Lucky Bags - it's $15USD (normal orders are $10). I had to reconfirm that with Live Chat because I don't recall shipping being different last year.

Happy holidays BR lovelies!!!
Thebeautycontext
1768 posts
I just noticed that Koni, Ohh makes it $130 NZD. I'm on the fence whether it is worth it or not! 
k3r1pakai
1185 posts
Yaaassss finally got something I wanted I placed my order for the Beautylish lucky bag since Lush online was playing up yesterday when it worked again my cart had to emptied due to items being sold out & I couldn't order over the phone because they only do yearly items not sale items over the phone totally avoided the malls because I've got a visitor this week & just couldn't be bothered with 5 kids especially because people are so rude and barge & shove my babies. Hopefully will get some Lush later this week. Then go to the mall on Thursday late night with my kids after the movies....
Macs
5351 posts
I'm on the fence about buying that lucky bag. I've never had high end before. I better hurry up and decide. 
kirstyj
1732 posts
Haven't found anything beauty to buy this year! Was a bit disappointed with the lush sale online, but it is what it is.

Not keen on the beautylish box, would rather spend $130 USD on stuff I knew I wanted. Not a fan of the surprise thing.

I have ended up buying myself some stuff online. Love when you can get a discount off the discounted price.
ragingfrog
1289 posts
I bit the bullet and bought a Beautylish Lucky bag since I spent nothing at the Lush sale yesterday when last year I spent $200-250 between Lush and L'occitane sales.
tannygirl
3392 posts
I saw the increase in shipping this year but since I was so eager to get one (got up at 5 this morning and didn't sleep much last night) I just bit the bullet. I don't have many eye palettes, brushes, bronzers, blushes etc at the moment so I don't think there's much of a chance of double ups and I always have room for more lippies. So I'm crossing my fingers that I'll like everything in there as this is my Christmas pressie to me. I'm really happy I managed to score one.
shazatron101
5112 posts
Weeee the only thing I've bought is Lush and I don't even care. I haven't bought any Lush since their mid winter Christmas. So while I didn't go insane and spend as much as I did last year, I will be getting a nice haul :-) 
Macs
5351 posts
I have the beautylish cart almost ready to go. I keep hesitating to do it.  I got a lush order on the way. I didn't get everything on my lush list. 
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
I have hummed and harrd about buying anything. I was lucky to get some lush for Christmas, but today went and had a nosey at the lush online and picked up a small box. If things keep coming back into stock I'll probaby buy a few things here and there :)
Ringy
825 posts
well I lined up outside the Lush store Boxing Day morning - was second in line because I remember the line being huge last year - and it ended up even bigger this year - was with my 8 year old so when the doors opened she ducked under the lady and ran in and grabbed the huge WOW box - but then everyone surged in so we got pushed straight in to the back of the store and could barely even move so we paid for the box (2nd people to pay as well) and then tried to leave but that was just as crazy - no one wanted to move an inch to even let us out. People had like 15 boxes of Christmas gifts- was a madhouse. I wasn't planning on getting the biggest box in store, I had no idea what was in it but in the end I didn't have much of a choice as I couldn't even look at anything else. The shop assistant said they aren't allowed to regulate the number of people coming inside the store which I feel is a bit of a lie - other stores do. It could have been so nasty - I'm sure a lot of stock went missing - and 45mins later the line to pay was  about 30 meters out the store door. The WOW box is awesome though. No more Lush purchases for me for 2017!
shazatron101
5112 posts
Hahahahahahahahahah Ringy that box is AWESOME. I got it last year in the sale and it was awesome :D 
MissQT
1547 posts
Enjoy that box ringy, treat yo self right?! And yes I agree with you, the lush store o went too were regulating the queues and only let in about 10 people at a time.
tannygirl
3392 posts
My Two Faced Matte Chocolate Chip Palette arrived. I put the photo up on the photowall for anyone curious.
trudijoy
8375 posts
TOO Faced make some epic things, most of the palettes are a bit too brown for me but I love the highlighter and blush
tannygirl
3392 posts
Yeah that's definitely the cutest palette in my collection. I think the White Chocolate Chip one will be available early next year at Mecca Maxima and it has some new shades and it's really cute and exact the same size the one I have. The reason why I didn't go for it is it's a fair ammount of shimmer shades and very light colors but if you like that and are pale it's probably a fun little palette to have especially if you travel a lot. 
k3r1pakai
1185 posts
Tannygirl that palette looks cute. I'm excited to see the peach palette land at Mecca
shazatron101
5112 posts
Lol Trudi, when you (me, its me) can't apply any other kind of shadow without looking like a muppet you are thankful for the brown! lol luckily the TOo Faced palettes are good for that reason (in my opinion) but they still offer a few colors that give you a pop of color :P 
trudijoy
8375 posts
Me and colour get on well! Was actually stopped in a store today and asked about my eye makeup hehe. (Teal, blue, green KVD, a wee wing, blue smudged lower Lash liner highlighted with Too Faced Candlelight Glow )
tannygirl
3392 posts
Oh Trudi, that KVD Metal Matte palette is so tempting but so intimidating for me to think of hitting pan on. But oh gosh the colors are so pretty and all the matte options!
trudijoy
8375 posts
I couldn't care less if I pan it, I'm loving using it and that's the most important thing to me :)
tannygirl
3392 posts
Keri, I am somewhat tempted with the idea of the Peach glow or maybe the blush from the line. I am not sure how much shimmer there is or how light it is on my skin, some lighter skinned people have said it doesn't show up much, but then I love Hourglass, in fact I reach for it a lot despite it not showing up much. 
Macs
5351 posts
Your pallette looks cute tanny girl. Is each shadow named? I can't see it clearly. Looks like a mini chocolate bar version.
k3r1pakai
1185 posts
I think I'd be keen in the peach glow or the blush even if it was shimmery the pacakging I'd a bit too cute.
tannygirl
3392 posts
Mac, there are names but it's on the back of the palette:

Please refer to the pic: L-R  Top row: White Chocolate, Matte Gilded Ganache, Triple Fudge
Middle row: Matte Marzipan, Semi-Sweet, Strawberry Bon Bon, Matte Candied Violet
Bottom row: Matte Hazelnut, Matte Creme Bulee, Matte Cherry Cordial, Matte Champagne Truffle

The box says "We transformed 11 of your favorite shades from the bestselling Chocolate Bar Eye Shadow Collection into modern, buttery, matte finishes." I don't have the original Chocolate Bar palette so I can't compare but I have seen swatches online and they are pretty much the same color except this one is matte. 
Macs
5351 posts
I love knowing all the details about that pallette. I'm a sucker for Too Faced products. I was wanting to order direct from their site for the Kat Von D one. I haven't found a way around it. 
tannygirl
3392 posts
My Beautylish Lucky Bag arrived today. Omg I'm so happy with it! I got six items. One of the items has been on my wishlist for a really long time and I just never purchased it. Then another one was one of the ones I saw on Beautylish before Christmas and remember thinking that's really nice but so expensive and then another brand I really wanted. I'm definitely using four out of six of them. There was one product that I don't have a use for yet and one that I haven't really used before but might dabble with it come winter. Overall definitely worth it for me to get. I will post a pic in about a week so those who did get Beautylish bags on here can have a chance to get theirs first. 
tannygirl
3392 posts
I just did the math. I got a total of 188USD worth of products for about 130 NZD! The value of the products I was thrilled to get and I know I'm going to use is 146USD so the bag has definitely been worth me buying.
Macs
5351 posts
Oh it's definately worth it. I just saw Keris pic and it's amazing ! I can hope for next years 
tannygirl
3392 posts
I saw the pics of the Lucky Bag hauls and mine was different so I decided to post it without waiting.
k3r1pakai
1185 posts
I was happy with my lucky bag and glad to see we all got variety and not the same. Paying $130 NZD to get a total of $280 Nzd worth of highend products I'm happy about I'll use everything in the box. The only thing that has me a little underwhelmed is the By Terry however the brand alone keeps me satisfied never owned By Terry & Natasha Denona & when I felt the pacakging I was every bit like a little kid at Christmas
tannygirl
3392 posts
Yeah I'm really happy with the box I got, I think it's the best box for me out of the unboxings I've seen on Youtube. What was the By Terry item you got Keri? Sorry, I couldn't quite read the writing on the box in the pic.
k3r1pakai
1185 posts
Its all good. The ByTerry is a ombre eyeshadow crayon in peach which I think I may be able to use as a base, coming with a sharpener makes it even better
kirstyj
1732 posts
Love seeing your hauls ladies! So pleased you are so happy with them!!!

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!