Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Overly soft eye liners

11 posts, 9 members
trudijoy
8375 posts
my Urban Decay black eyeliner is in the fridge atm  to see if that fixes it... It's been great for a few months but has suddenly turned into a soft melty smeary mess. I'm so annoyed. Will the fridge fix its issues?
Kimrose
1419 posts
I dont know if that will fix it Trudi, but dang! how annoying!
trudijoy
8375 posts
It's made me grumpy on a day when I was already not that okay. Be interesting to see what a night in the fridge does
MissQT
1547 posts
yeah I've heard that popping eyeliners and lip liners in the fridge "sets" them more. I've never tried it but hopefully it will work for you.
itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
I put my gel eyeliner pencils in the freezer before sharpening them because otherwise they're too soft to neatly sharpen. If the fridge doesn't work I'd try that. Let us know how you go.
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
Fingers crossed it works! :) I use a crayon sort of pencil eyeliner and find warm weather softens it a little and makes it hard to work with.
ragingfrog
1289 posts
How annoying, you didn't have it near anything warm or leave it in the sun did you? Hope the fridge fixes it. I know that sometimes a pencil when broken there is no hope as it breaks repeatidly on the lead so you can never sharpen it properly.
Macs
5351 posts
Normally I just sharpen my pencil and put it in the freezer. It doesn't last if I leave it out of there.
trudijoy
8375 posts
raging frog nope -  it's been maybe 5 degrees warmer in Akl but that's about it - and because i got a showerdome my bathrooms gotten LESS humid.

Anyway the fridge worked enough, still not 100% happy and won't buy another black eyeliner from UD but at least i can get this one through for now.

Thanks all
shazatron101
5112 posts
That's what I do with the Chi Chi ones but they still dont work all that well :/ I give them a sharpen and draw on my hand and it doesn't fix them but it makes them work better lol

Pifithrin
1243 posts
Ugh how annoying. I've never had that issue luckily!

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!