Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

NBR? - Acupressure mat

9 posts, 5 members
RamblingRose
1280 posts
Have any of you ladies used an acupressure mat?  There seem to be a few out there, basically the same look or design with different brand names, and most are similarly priced. 

I’m looking at possibly getting one to use for pain relief, and just would like to know if anyone’s actually used one, or if I’m falling for a fad that may end up being a waste of money. 
itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
I know a few people who have them. Some love them and some don't.
MAGPIEFI
615 posts
I have a shakti mat 
I have the odd binge on using it 
I was so so when I first got it as I had to slowly increase my time on it and slowly decrease my clothes while on it
so the aim is to lie on it with naked skin eg on your back with a rug over top 
I found mine good and I don't use it all the time as I tend to nod off while I'm on it it seriously helped me with neck ache and sore feet.
.id say they are worth a try x 

MareeB
5244 posts
Hmmm that sounds pretty good Fi.
RamblingRose
1280 posts
Thanks, MagpieFi.  The reviews vary so widely on these mats that I thought I’d just ask on here first.  

One of the sites I was reading on said to start off with the mat covered with a thin cloth and to only use the mat for 10 mins at a time during the first week, while building up pain tolerance, slowly building up to a t-shirt and 15 mins per time, and gradually getting to bare skin on the mat for 20+ minutes. 

I think it may be worth a purchase, as acupuncture has helped me in the past, and having a mat would make it easier for me as it’s an at-home treatment.
MAGPIEFI
615 posts
My mat came with instructions a bit of perseverance and you'll soon be nodding off while on it :)
and less aches 
i wouldn't be without mine now 
just saying xx

RamblingRose
1280 posts
… I caved and have just ordered one!  Fingers crossed it’ll help with my neck, back and hip pain.
MAGPIEFI
615 posts
Exciting
Im  sure you'll notice a difference in aches and pains 
it's even good for relaxing the mind
little and often I roll mine up and put it under my neck as I do get sore  sholders as well 
argh old age 
let me know what you think xxxxx
and yay 
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
Oooh yes, I have the Shakti Mat and the Shakti Neck cushion and love them. They are so good and really good especially at night as they relax you.

I highly recommend them.

I also want to try the head and finger one.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!