Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Hair straightening brush

8 posts, 5 members
Dii
16 posts
Hi everyone !

I have never really looked at hair straightening tools before as I have straight hair and besides being too lazy never really needed one.

But recently I have come to realise that even straight hair can be fly aways and a decent  hair  straightening tool and help keep them in place.

Especially after I have had my almost to the waist hair cut short early this year and now they are starting to reach my should collar bone, I realise that they become puffy very easily . 

The idea of a  hair straightening brush appeals to me more than an actual  hair  straightener.

Have any of you used a  hair straightening brush ?
How has it worked for you ?
What brands would you recommend ?

Thanks heaps ! 
Di
xx
RamblingRose
1280 posts
There was a thread on hair straighteners a while back, here's the link.

If you type "hair straighteners" in the search bar, top right, you might find a few more.  
Dii
16 posts
Thanks for this Silvene ! I will check this thread out.
 Di
x
itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
I've never tried a straightening brush so would be interested in hearing how you go if you get one. If you stick to normal straighteners I recommend dividing your hair into about 4 sections first, it makes straightening look a lot more effective far more quickly.
Macs
5351 posts
I haven't tried this brush. When it was first released I was intrigued by it, still am. I use hair straighteners and I still get fly aways. The only thing that seems to work with tools is hair serums . Tried heat sprays they never work for me. If you get one I'll be interested to hear what it was like.
chelseaadelaide
703 posts
Have you tried any other products for fluffy/frizz/flyaways first? E.g.: hairspray or other styling products that you could brush through. I would suggest trying these first as using a straightening product would cause damage to your hair and possibly increase frizziness, particularly on the ends of your hair. Another option could be to blowdry your hair whilst brushing it to smooth out the ends. If you already have a hairdryer this would save you purchasing a new product. You could let it air dry and then blow dry it when it is half dry to cause less damage. 
Dii
16 posts
Thanks for the tip  itsclearascrystal, I'll keep that in mind :)

Yes,  Macs, I have tried  hair serums but I wasn't particularly impressed with the ones I tried . do you have any recommendations ?

chelseaadelaide, I have tried a few in the past but perhaps didn't find the right one. I know heat can damage my hair further and I have tried my best to stay away from it, might have straightened my hair like 4 times ever !
I do have a hair dryer , but do not use it regularly.
Do you have any recommendations for  hairsprays or other styling products ?

Thanks
Di
xx
Macs
5351 posts
Hey Di, 

The only hair serum thats worked for me so far is KMS California Tame Frizz De Frizz Oil. I purchased this from a salon. I think there is websites you could purchase it from. 

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!