Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Electric/Battery Powered Toothbrushes - Hit me with your recommendations x

16 posts, 9 members
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
Hey lovelies,

A few of you were talking about using electric/battery powered toothbrushes and would love to know what you have found that works for you.

I'm more leaning towards battery powered ones as if I'm away I don't need to worry about finding a power source if the battery runs out etc. (That totally made sense in my head lol).
Sophia
203 posts
We have the regular OralB that is at most supermarkets. They are often on sale for $20 ish and the sensitive toothbrush is quite gentle but still effective. We don't have a power point in the bathroom so it's in the next room it goes back on the charger between uses. The toothbrush heads fit in a holder thingy stuck to the bathroom mirror so the wet stuff stays in the bathrom.
If you were going away for a weekend you probably wouldn't need to take the charger as they hold charge pretty well. 
This one has a timer and makes a buzzing noise to tell you when 2 mins is up.
Haven't tried a battery operated one.

You really do get a much more thorough clean with an electric brush. It takes a few goes for your gums to get used to it but after that there's no going back haha!
MareeB
5244 posts
I've wanted one for years but never gotten around to buying one. Oral B you say?
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
Thanks for that,  I'm looking for the whole family.

Our two youngest munchkins have braces and plates and we have spent a lot of money on dentists and ortho's so once their treatments are finished, I would like to make sure they are still looking after their teeth with good quality toothbrushes.

I have seen some good kids ones as well as adults ones but like to hear reviews from real people (if that makes sense), which is why I've come to ask you lovelies xx
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
I've used Braun Oral B for years. I'm thinking I may have even had my current one for ten years? It's also the one with the two minute timer which is handy. I wouldn't suggest battery operated ones if they're for the whole family. You'll go through a tonne of batteries and I don't think they have as much power behind them (although I do use them for travel). The Braun heads come with little coloured rings you can put on them to tell them apart. So you can just have one base that everyone shares and then your own toothbrush heads to put on it. 
Julieal
915 posts
I have Braun Oral B and it is electric however if I go away I take a normal toothbrush . I did have a battery one but forever forgot to change batteries and always a hassle.
derrick
1 posts
I have used Oral B tooth brushes for over 10 years. I've had compliments from my dentist and I've noticed my teeth and gums are just healthier.

We recently upgraded to the Oral B Genius which has bluetooth connection to my phone and with the app we've managed to get our kids to brush every day and even get competitive over who's doing a better job. The app has made teeth brushing a fun time, instead of like pulling teeth! That and they're now brushing much better and have healthier mouths is awesome.

I travel and the charger built into the travel case is amazing - so much easier!

I tried the other brand but its weird buzzing was too much & I took it back - Oral b is so good, not sure why I changed.
MareeB
5244 posts
Thanks Derrick = it certainly sounds like it's worth a look!
SmileyPisces
253 posts
Braun’s Oral B toothbrush was recommended by my Dr as i brushed too hard ... too clean.. using the regular toothbrushes. I’ve been using this for many.. many years now...

The downside of it, is you have to pay for tooth brush head refills, which is more pricey than a regular toothbrush... and you have to leave it on charge for a while when battery runs out, but it’s worth healthier gums.

If you get bored of the regular precision clean toothbrush refill, which it comes with, you can try another refill such as the flosssaction refill, for a deeper clean. 
Oliviahope
14 posts
Hey just checking, is the braun
oral b the vitality precision toothbrush? I can't find anything with the name braun.
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Yes it is and it's part of the Countdown half price sale this week! 
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Yes I got the Oral B Vitality Precision for $25! Awesome deal. Also went to New World and they had it on sale for $44 so am stoked I went to Countdown first :-)
Oliviahope
14 posts
Oooh will have to check it out! Awesome thank you 
Oliviahope
14 posts
Hey Ladies! I bought one and I love it! Thanks so much for the recommendations and letting me know about the sale.
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
There's no turning back now. You'll never be able to use a manual toothbrush again!
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
I used mine this morning and still getting used to it. I put toothpaste on the brush then turned it on and the toothpaste went flying everywhere bhahahaha rookie mistake!

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!