Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Cleaning beauty blenders

8 posts, 7 members
Just saw an interesting way to clean your makeup sponge get a glass put some water and liquid soap in it then put the sponge in give it a couple of squeezes so it’s sucks up some of the water and leave it in the cup put it in microwave the heat for a min and steam Surely must kill any nasties 

RamblingRose
1280 posts
The BR ladies did an article on that earlier this year, you can read it here
tannygirl
3392 posts
    Sadly the thing that cleans those sponges the most efficiently and quickly is actually the soap designed specifically for them. I know it's pricey but it cleans my Original BB better than any of my other brush cleansers.

I have three atm besides my liquid blender cleanser. The other ones clean them okay but won't take out the stains and when I use them I need to wash them a few times and I like to clean my BB once I'm done my makeup so it technically should be easier than if it was sitting there and dried out on the sponge. But no it's still a bit more work when I use the other cleansers.
Macs
5351 posts
I’m going to try that. Today I washed all of my brushes and blenders . I’m trying to get back in a habit of it . I ran out of brush shampoo a while ago been using a shampoo have in a shower that didn’t work on my hair well to clean my tools. I want to try baby shampoo . For a quick brush clean in between uses I normally just dip into micellar water and a wipe . Once I used a facial cleanser with hot water for a quick clean . Still worked ok . 
trudijoy
8375 posts
Macs - I just use the conditioning baby shampoo - the orange Johnson's one. It works great! I've boutgh a Mecca 'between washes' spray that I'm keen to try out too.

I no longer use blenders/spongers :)
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
I use the Mecca spray because a) I'm lazy but b) I still like to clean/sanitise my eyebrow spoolie and any brush I've used cream products with each time I use them. It works great.

I don't use sponges or blenders either as they are just too much hassle to clean every time.
Macs
5351 posts
I’ll definitely pick that shampoo up on my next grocery shop Trudi . 
Julieal
915 posts
I think the main thing is you wash thoroughly and dry between uses and leaving moist creates a base for nasties in this warm weather

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!