Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Catch up with me, ladies!

30 posts, 13 members
shazatron101
5112 posts
Hi yaaallll!

i feel like its been ages since i even posted let alone reviewed haha how are we all!? 

I had a dream and woke up panicked thinking i had missed the vault, that was scary lol

im going to a baby shower tomorrow for a girl i dont speak to and havent seen in 3 years, what do i write in the card!?
i've made her a blanket and 3 bibs, which are quite dashing if i say so myself. But otherwise im not really looking forward to it haha bit hard to be happy and excited for everyone else having kids when its not happening in this set of ovaries!

i look forward to your replies about whats happening in your lives!! :-D 
trudijoy
8375 posts
SHaz i'm assuming 'hahahahah you have to wipe up someone elses poop and puke now' isn't ok??

Nah seriously I'd just go with a generic 'Congratulations!  All the best for the exciting times to come'.  Pressie sounds adorbs.

Sorry to hear it might not be on the cards for you x

My life...... work, work, just found out that work is netting me a nice lil bonus, travel, other travel, booking travel, christmas shopping, and trying to sleep  haha
shazatron101
5112 posts
Lmao trudi thats nore or less what i wrote - "hope you dont get any poonamis" lmao

yas sleep sounds very good about now, if i could skip tomorrow thatd be great!

nothin like a xmas bonus to show how valued you are!
trudijoy
8375 posts
I smashed it and for once I know it Shaz... but the acknowledgment is amazing xx

Hahah oh god poonamis are terrifying!

The sleep thing atm... I get enough but it’s survival sleep, need a few sleep ins!
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Hi Shaz!
Lol poonamis! Gross. I hope the baby shower goes good, maybe there will be cake, cake makes everything better, as does alcohol lol but it's a baby shower so unless you smuggle some in :-)
I am the same as Trudi, work and sleep. Can't wait for a break over xmas! This weekend is supposed to get to nearly 30 degrees so looking forward to some beers and a bbq, woohoo!

MareeB
5244 posts
Hi Shaz good to see ya! yep vault is next week woohooooo!
I hope the baby shower goes well. Hopefully it'll be better than you think. That girl is lucky to have you x
tannygirl
3392 posts
I'm looking forward to the vault next weekend and the preview sometime this coming week. I think it's really thoughtful of you to make baby stuff. 
tabucutie
1811 posts
Hi Shaz! Hope the baby shower went well. It's so nice of you to make something handmade. 3 years is a long time how did that come about? Good on you for going, I can't say I would. I feel awkward and anxious when I go social events a few times a year and I have known them since college. Times change.

For me lately it has just been about work and worrying about my kitty Meecha. Have spent a pretty penny in the last week and still don't have definitive answers so not sure really what to do about it. Just trying to spend as much time with him as possible.
itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
Sounds like everyone is busy busy in the up coming festive season. 

I've been a bit MIA over the last few months as well with changing jobs but have recently tried to get back into the swing of things. 

Best of luck and good wishes to you all :)
shazatron101
5112 posts
haha Lisa there was cake! it didn't really make anything better though lol.

however, to all that hoped it went well, it wasn't bad. as far as they go it was a decent shower and i caught up with a few people i haven't seen in a looong time which was nice. and i got to see my mudda at the end of it so it wasn't all bad, i came out of the day $100 mitre ten dollars richer lol happy birthday to me indeed. 

the handmade stuff was absolutely adored, so that was a nice ego boost haha all i see is flaws but they just saw.. well whatever they saw lol. if anyone catches my instagram post you'll see the bibs made with love and rage hahahahaha

hahahah honestly Tabu i am the same!! i hate social things and yet when i'm in the mix it seems everyone gravitates towards me, its clearly my sparkling personality... hahahaha. oh noo!!! im so sorry about your kitty meow!! i hope you get some answers soon, or some form of a diagnosis.. how awful. i know the feeling and it's so bloody awful. don't let it get you down too much (easier said than done i know) and keep smiling that gorgeous smile of yours xxx

aw yay crystal how nice! are you enjoying your new job? 

thank you for all your replies ladies. i'm having a shite week and catching up with you all makes me feel a teensy bit better xx

tabucutie
1811 posts
I hope so too Shaz. At the moment they said finish the antibiotics and maybe have some steriods but will get him another appointment before christmas. I had him over to stay with me for a night which was lovely, though he wouldn't stop meowing the early hours of this morning. He is an outside cat, I took him home to my mums and he was happier.

Hope the coming week is better for you x

itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
I am enjoying it :) Hope your week (Shaz) and your cat (Tabucutie) both improve.
Julieal
915 posts
Good on you Shaz -hard sometimes to join in when you feel out of the loop but you have done it and survived and caught up with peaple you haven't seen for a while -Now get down to enjoying xmas eh ?
RamblingRose
1280 posts
@Shaz - I haven’t been on BR as much as I usually am, but it’s good to see you back on here.  I’m glad to hear the shower went okay. Being at an event where there’s someone not really on speaking terms always sends my anxiety skyrocketing higher than normal. I saw the pic you posted on Instagram, and they looked fabulous. I hope she realises how much effort and care you put into those, even if there was a touch of rage (which is understandable). 

@Tabucutie - I hope your FurKid is diagnosed soon and gets the correct treatment needed to recover quickly.  It’s not nice having a sick FurBaby.  My cat is prone to bouts of cystitis that usually tend to flare up in the evenings, which means we can only get him to the Vet the next morning, so I sympathise with the sleepless nights, meowing, and feeling helpless.  I’ve lost count the number of nights I’ve ended up sleeping on the lounge floor with my FurKid to stop him from meowing, as he’s too sore to jump up or off the bed but still wants to sleep cuddled up to me.  It’s so hard when we can’t tell them that we’re doing all we can to help them.  Fingers crossed your kitty recovers soon. 
MareeB
5244 posts
Shaz if I saw you at a party I would gravitate towards you! Sorry to hear your week didn't go well. This week will be great for you :)
Macs
5351 posts
Hey Shaz , 

I love hand made gifts. I’m sure they’ll love that. Hope the party went well . 

As for me its work all the way through to the middle of the new year. Super excited for the vault this weekend . I will keep talking myself out of buying BBE . 

Hope all  is well for you :) Take care 
shazatron101
5112 posts
aw my heart, your poor lil baby Tabu. i know it feels absolutely useless but stay hopeful. i will keep your lil baby in my thoughts xxx

ooh yes Julieal i'm slowly feeling more and more festive.. taking a while but i'm getting there.

aw thanks Silvene xx i'm sure she did, but even if she didn't everyone else was absolutely in love with them and gave me a fat(ter) head hahahaha so. its win win i guess.

naw Maree you're a darling xx i'd probably gravitate towards you too. you seem like my kinda people :P

ooh yes Macs i'm excited for the vault too! i can't wait. and hey, it's the season of giving, treat yourself to that xmas box, it does come with a pretty awesome GWP ;-) dont work too hard xx

thanks Crystal, my week has already started out great - i finally started on a quilt thats just for me, it's only a little lap blanket but it's already shaping up to be awesome so i'm pleased.

happy monday my friends xxxx
tabucutie
1811 posts
@Silvene: I haven't heard of cystitis I'm gonna have to Google it. It's so sweet that you sleep with him on the floor and care as you do. He sounds much loved and adored. I've decided that I'll sleep at my mums on my days off to spend more time with my fur baby.  Despite the bloods taken, his abdominal scan, antibiotics and weight loss; he still seems his chatty self. Just continue to take each day as it comes :)
RamblingRose
1280 posts
@tabucutie - Pringles is a ginger mackerel tabby, and male ginger cats are prone to developing crystals in their urine which can cause blockages, etc.  Thankfully we’ve never experienced a blockage, I’ve always caught it early enough, but the cystitis is similar to a bladder infection and he gets it fairly often (we’ve had 5 flare-ups this year).  When it flares up, Catty (his nickname) battles to pass urine, so there’s often attempts to wee but nothing comes out, or only a little bit which is sometimes tinged with blood from all the straining because of the inflammation and pain, and this causes him to keep me up at night. Usually at the first sign of multiple toilet trips I know that somethings starting up and can get him to the vet fairly quickly.  

I’m sure your vet would have checked his bladder during the usual body feel check thing that they do at the beginning of a consult. 
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
Firstly massive hugs Shaz xxx What amazing gifts to give especially with all the effort and love you have put into them. I imagine it would have meant more knowing you had personally made them yourself x

I've been MIA too as had a lot going on and have not been in a very sociable place. Slowly trying to get there just taking one step at a time. 

I've been trying to get into the festive spirit and my birthday is coming up so the Beauty Vault this weekend is something exciting to look forward to.

SmileyPisces
253 posts
Hello all..  me... i’m on my 3 weeks breakaway from work. Staying and cleaning my parents house at the moment... which i think is going to take me more than week’s work. Luckily i brought my Weleda cream with me. It surely helps. Hope i’ll finish before Christmas hahahaha =D. And hope things are going smoothly now for those of you who have had some bumpy moments.
tabucutie
1811 posts
@Silvene: He sounds gorgeous! You're so on to it. My darling is a black Manx (no tail). As far as I can understand, they aren't concerned about his bladder (he's regular with no problems as far as I know). The vet said he is not diabetic but anaemic, really they still don't know what is causing his weight loss. I am a bit apprehensive about it, I can't get a straight answer or soloution. We have used the same vet my whole life.
MareeB
5244 posts
I hope he comes right Tabucutie! I have a black part-Siamese cat. She's really old and I love her to pieces - she lives like a queen. It's so wet here (Summer in NZ!) that I'm drying her dirt box under the heatpump tonight lol
shazatron101
5112 posts
Genius Maree! I thought it was wet here in the naki but ive never had to resort to a heat lamp for the dirt hahaha
MareeB
5244 posts
It's a hard life down here in the south Shaz!!! it was warmer and drier in winter :(

Fluffy has braved it to try and perform her ablutions outside tonight but she's way too chicken. She'll be sitting near the door holding on lol it's so foggy I can't see the mailbox from the front door so she might get lost if she wanders any further.
MareeB
5244 posts
I hope things are looking up for you Mumofthree xxx
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
Thanks Maree, I hope so too as I hate not feeling like myself. I'm hoping 2019 will bring back the old happy and positive Sarah :-)
tabucutie
1811 posts
That's an innovative idea MareeB did it work?
MareeB
5244 posts
Yes it did Tabucutie, but it was just the plastic tray not the contents. It's pretty rare for her to use it but it's been so wet here she can't cope with searching for a dry patch outside. Really though, you could possibly rinse kitty litter and dry it. I haven't tried to do it but I'll bet someone out there in googleland has.
Kimrose
1419 posts
Shaz, love your posts, you have the best sense of humour! We have moved into our new apartment and I went to China to visit my son and daughter in law.  Cold as heck there at the moment. Work is super, super busy atm, christmas is huge at Chemist Warehouse . 
Hope you are well xx

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!