Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

25 posts, 6 members
Tattooprincess
68 posts
Has anybody purchased from Carpe Noctem? Just wondering if they are reliable, despatch promptly?

i ordered a facial epilator (after reading some great reviews on Beauty Review) but my brows are looking like Sasquatch, and I'm wondering if it's worth waiting till the epilator arrives, or if I should get some wax
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
I have the Braun FaceSpa and it says not to use the epilator for shaping eyebrows, only for removing individual hairs between or above the eyebrows. Having used it, I definitely wouldn't use it near my eyebrows as I think you'd risk damaging the skin. It would also hurt a lot. 
Tattooprincess
68 posts
Thanks for that, I'd watched some videos where people had done their brows, I figured I'd have to tweeze a few, but that's ok if I can't, I'll still use it for other facial hair. Best I get some wax to tame the brows then lol
MareeB
5254 posts
True. I used my IPL under my brows and ended up with small red spots. Best to avoid that area.
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Maree, laser hair removal clinics won't do eyebrows as it's too close to the eyes. 
MareeB
5254 posts
I always have to push the boundary just a bit soozie :)

trudijoy
8375 posts
I'm not sure I'd risk my eyesight for a boundary push! 

Also intrigued with the idea of laser hair removal but always assumed it was really expensive 
shazatron101
5112 posts
I have just restarted doing my hairy self with ipl, having great success with legs and bikini line but i am struggling with my armpits!!! Driving me mental

Id definitely stick to waxing my brows too, or plucking, cos thats less dangerous if you accidentally catch the end of your brow with the wax hahahahahahaha
Tattooprincess
68 posts
My epilator has been despatched on Aramex, slowest courier around gah! I'll have to see if someone is going to town and can pick up some wax for me so I can do my brows. 

I'm currently having laser treatment on brazialian and underarms at Caci Clinic (just had 2nd session this week). Was amazed at the first treatment on underarms, stopped shaving them after two weeks! By the time the 2nd session came around, there were so few fine hairs, I could have counted them! I can see braziallian is going to take longer, but that's ok. I'd love to have got my legs and arms done too, but I'm heavily tattooed, so can't. Am thinking I'll purchase an epilator for them, I normally wax my arms in summer, but shave my legs. I'll see how I manage with the facial one. any body epilator recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
trudijoy
8375 posts
Aramex are terrible,  I have a parcel pending with them too and the current status says this, which is SUPER helpful (not):

'Your parcel is currently in transit between our 'Auckland' and 'Auckland' depots'.
shazatron101
5112 posts
Isnt courier post and fastway merging to become aramex? Or is it just fastway? They used to be good in taranaki but now its always next day delivery even if its on the truck the previous day
trudijoy
8375 posts
Fastway = Aramex, yup.  Fastway were always terrible, Aramex are no better. 
Tattooprincess
68 posts
I spent 3 months in a wheelchair after an accident this year, so have done more than my fair share of online shopping, as lack of mobility has been an issue for me, even now I struggle to walk more than 400metres.

when I make online purchasers, I ask in the delivery instructions (and email companies directly as often there is no option) for this to be put on the parcel "Please leave at back door and knock loudly, I’m in a wheelchair THANK YOU". Aramex/Fastways are the only courier to completely ignore the instruction, delivering to the letterbox mostly,and once or twice to the front door which has a big sign asking people to go to the back door. If they had bothered to read the instructions (on several parcels the instruction was brightly highlighted ), they would have found it easier to deliver to the back door than the front or letterbox even. They also would have seen the wheelchair ramp. It was frustrating because until recently, I couldn't even get out of the front door by myself.  I complained to their head office after the first two times, but they just said contact my local branch (not even an apology). Calls to their Local depot went unanswered.

if I knew Aramex was going to be the courier, I probably would have purchased elsewhere.

rant  over.

trudijoy
8375 posts
ugh that's frustrating

I WORK FROM HOME and pre-lockdown most of them wouldn't even try knocking.  Lately, everyone except Aramex knock.  Aramex just chuck stuff in the mail box or leave it on the step without knocking, does my head in 

SooziesWorld
2999 posts
That's awful Tattooprincess. I've never heard of that courier company but sounds like I'm about to. 
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Ahh, no. I don't want any lasers near my eyes unless it's being wielded by a LASIK surgeon! 

Laser hair removal is expensive but totally worth it! You can get really good deals on it though. Often the place I go to, which is a nationwide chain, has half price deals. Sometimes for underarms it is cheaper than getting a single waxing session. And it's so worth it that once you've paid for it, you never worry about the price again, it's that good. I think it works out cheaper than a lifetime of razors and waxing. Having said all that, if I had known how good the home IPL machines are now, I might've invested in one of those instead. 
itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
That is so annoying. Since I've moved to an apartment I've noticed that courier companies all seem to do things differently and only half following the delivery instructions.

Interesting to hear people's thoughts on waxing. I need to try IPL again, the skin under my arms is over razors. But I'd never considered professional waxing as an option.
Tattooprincess
68 posts
I purchased my laser sessions on a plan with Caci Clinic. Buy one area, get a second free - it's costing approx the same as not quite two years worth of waxing for just one area, so I figured that's a pretty good deal. And I pay it off weekly, making it easier to fit into the budget.
MareeB
5254 posts
It isn't that risky. It isn't near the eyeball.
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Even when I have laser hair removal on my legs they make me wear the dark safety glasses they also wear and theres a different pair you have to wear if the laser is anywhere near your face. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
Sorry not happy to let that one go in case anyone reading thinks it's safe to use laser anything near their eyes. PLEASE don't do this. 

MareeB
5254 posts
But I didn't use it near my eyes Trudi.So I'm not recommending anything to anyone cos I'm not an eye expert so I wouldn't give myself licence to say anything about it..
trudijoy
8375 posts
Under your brows is definitely near your eyes. 

That's all I'm saying on this now. Just needed to add a caution. 
Tattooprincess
68 posts
I'm not having laser on my face.
trudijoy
8375 posts
That's all good Tattooprincess!

i wasn't implying you did, just addressing a concerning comment another person made x 

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!