Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Buying Pure Fiji IN Fiji

42 posts, 10 members
trudijoy
8375 posts
Hey guys

Off to Fiji next week and wanting to stock up on Pure Fiji, naturally!  Is it cheaper in the airport or in the towns?   I want a lot :p 

Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Wow that came around fast! I'm no help I just wanted to say have an amazing time! I adore Pure Fiji and can't wait to see what you buy :-)
trudijoy
8375 posts
haha yeah the beauty of impulse booking aholiday six weeks before you go!

Its bookended with work trips so it'll be blisssssss.

I'll post a haul pic for ya ;) x
tabucutie
1811 posts
Exciting! I thought if I ever went to Fiji I'd buy Pure Fiji too. Seems like the right thing to do. Enjoy your trip 
Macs
5351 posts
I’d love to see your haul. I’ve booked a family cruise for Fiji next year. 
MareeB
5244 posts
That's exciting Macs - good for you :)
Lisaanne
72 posts
Last time I was in Fiji in 2010 the Pure Fiji range was cheap as chips at the resort where I stayed. I hadn't heard of the range before and went crazy filling a suitcase with items which were approx $10NZ per product and less. Then Pure Fiji started popping up in shops and beauty salons all over NZ and the prices certainly were no longer island prices! Great products which smell yummy, I hope they are still cheap in Fiji and you can fill a suitcase. Bula! 
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
I went in 2011 (I think) and I can't remember Pure Fiji being that cheap. They do have a sister brand called Reniu which is pretty much the same thing. That was pretty cheap in the resort I stayed in and I remember their being loads of it in duty free which I think was even cheaper ( I don't remember details, just that I wished I'd had the money to buy more lol) 
tabucutie
1811 posts
Love seeing haul pics, look forward to it! @Macs that's exciting, something to look forward to.
trudijoy
8375 posts
oooh there IS a resort shop.  I've used Reniu as well.  I owe myself a few treats for working so many weekends lately so i don't need it bargain basement price but i'll defo be treating myself to a few things, just trying to figure out where it's cheapest.  I guess I can always buy twice hehe
Lisaanne
72 posts
I stayed on Sonasali Island at the Sonasali Resort and in the main reception building there was some shops which sold the usual bikinis and beachwear and a chemist etc...and a wee beauty shop which sold Pure Fiji at crazy cheap prices. I don't think it was a range which was sold in NZ at that time and with the cult following it now has prices have crept up and up. So I'm not sure how cheap it will be now in Fiji. 
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
I stayed at the Shangri La. Again, there was a small resort shop that sold both brands. If I ever went again I would buy at the resort shop to use whilst I was there then stock up large at duty free so I don't have to pack it in my case lol.
trudijoy
8375 posts
good idea Soozie ;) 
MareeB
5244 posts
Take me with you Trudi - I'm happy just to go one way!!
itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
I've heard it cheaper over there. I would have thought duty free was the cheapest, but I tend to just buy things when I see them rather than hope it's at the airport.
Kimrose
1419 posts
Trudi, I shopped around when we were there and it was all the same price no matter where you bought it. At the time we were there, there was a bit of a special at the airport but not too much of a saving. Have a ball, I am so jealous!
trudijoy
8375 posts
Perfect, thanks Kim! 
How exciting!!!!Share pics of your purchases please! Hope you do grab a bargain. Such beautiful products. X
trudijoy
8375 posts
Haven’t found any to buy yet (but they do still do ‘buy from cart’ duty free on the plane and that has PF lol)

they did use it in my massages (yea, plural lol) - I had a resort day today that started with an hour long back, arm, shoulder, neck and scalp massage and I followed that mid arvo with a legs and feet scrub and massage. So cheap (about $50 NZ for both) and SO relaxing!
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Omg that sounds amazing. How is the weather? As I sit here with the fire roaring lol
trudijoy
8375 posts
26-29, not excessively humid, nice breeze. I’m on Beachcomber tomorrow, in Denerau on Sun and fly home early Monday 
MareeB
5244 posts
Oooh that sounds divine!
trudijoy
8375 posts
Yeah it’s pretty lovely Maree. I intentionally booked off the beaten track and am in the quirkiest little resort, with a sugar cane train that runs through periodically, one of the best massage therapists I’ve ever encountered, and the quiet secluded peace I was hoping to achieve away from the big flash resorts. I still wanna do a flash resort but for this trip, this is perfect 
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
I’m currently in Salamumu, Samoa. It’s hot, humid and I’m staying at the most beautiful little private resort. Definitely off the beaten track - you have to go down a very bumpy volcanic road to get here. So no Pure Fiji here but I did get some nice oils from that brand you recommended Trudi. 
MareeB
5244 posts
Ooh I'd love to be in the pacific with you ladies :) although it could be warmer, it's pretty amazing here in North Otago this morning considering it's July!
trudijoy
8375 posts
Mailelani! I brought back lotions and lip balms and soaps. They sell it in the airport if you have leftover tala! so far all Ive bought is a fan, a magnet, insect repellent, 2 postcards and food/drinks! Going to Denerau tomorrow though which is more shops and restaurants than island life, I think. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
Havent found any PF yet still... but just bought a bunch of Reniu, which is similar but cheaper.... actually very cheap, will probably buy more 
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
I have a bunch of Reniu and I really like it. I will live vicariously through you today as it is a miserable, rainy day with thunderstorms. Bed and Netflix for me after I've braved going out to feed the chooks lol. Seen any nice clothing at all? Or not really in the right area for that?
MareeB
5244 posts
It tried to rain here too Lisa, but barely dampened the ground - it hasn't rained for what feels like a couple of years! In between a lot of tele binging, I'm going to try the Dr Lewinns collagen mask today. But being in Fiji/Samoa would be the dream right now ...
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Omg Maree I got a rude awakening at 4am, we had a massive lightening and thunderstorm! I live in a valley and it was insane, never heard thunder like that in my life. Yes very jealous of the ladies adventures lol. It shall be our turn soon :-) Also I love that mask!
trudijoy
8375 posts
Success! Located Pure Fiji and it’s pretty cheap so grabbed a bunch and will get more in the airport hehe. If it’s open -I fly early. Also got some ‘naturally fiji’.

no clothes, I have an abundance of summery stuff atm and not generally a fan of ‘one size fits all’ which seems to be the go here. Got some cute earrings though 
trudijoy
8375 posts
Also was in Rotorua last week and Dunedin next week so def getting my share of the cold too lol
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Awesome look forward to seeing your haul! Oh god the dreaded 'one size fits all' bhahahaha. 
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Lol, yeah “one size fits none”. I’m still living the dream in Samoa for a few more days. Having a girls day out at Aggie Greys resort. Started the day with a coconut oil massage, followed by cocktails at the swim up bar. On the fresh coconuts now until happy hour starts again lol. Seriously, I can not recommend Samoa enough! It’s better than the little bit of the Caribbean I have seen. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
I loved samoa, been going on about it for ages haha. I’ll def go back. Have fun soozie!

just home from Fiji and haul pics up haha #priorities
trudijoy
8375 posts
Oh and PF haul worked out at $78 NZ, Reniu at $57 ish and the Naturally Fiji at about $14 

i just priced it out on their site and in NZ it would be $238.50 for the Pure Fiji and at least $110 for the Reniu
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Sounds like a great day Soozie, enjoy your cocktails! Welcome back Trudi. I've already stalked your pics. Looks great!
trudijoy
8375 posts
You should see the ones of actual Fiji hehe :) 

such a short trip but topped up my ‘me’ 
Lisaanne
72 posts
I'm glad to hear that Pure Fiji is still reasonably priced at the source. 
tabucutie
1811 posts
Wow that is such a great price! Aside from the sunny island of Fiji which is worthwhile going in itself, would love to haul some of the Pure Fiji products and the other items I saw in your photos.

@worldofsooziewong: Samoa! Jealous, it must be beautiful and warm. What a lovely time to go, especially in our winter.
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Samoa was hot but very, very beautiful! One of my favourite places I’ve ever been (I’m currently on the flight home). I really hate winter so I think I need to do a mid winter island holiday every year now!
tabucutie
1811 posts
A mid winter holiday sounds amazing. I'm just happy I've been able to go out of the country  1 trip per year for the last couple of years. I get the feeling my Raro trip at the end of the year will be my last for some time. Kind of sad but oh well.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!