Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Boxing Day Sales

25 posts, 10 members
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
I'm in Auckland for Christmas and on my bucket list was to go to an actual Mecca store (usually I buy online as I don't have an actual Mecca store here). And I did it eek. It was so packed (which was to be expected on Boxing Day). To be honest I was a bit disappointed. So many products I wanted that they didn't have so had to make an online order in the end. I was happy that I got a lovely brush for my birthday so that was super nice.

Got a nice haul from there and also went to Lush and got some half price goodies.

Did any of you lovelies get anything in the Boxing Day sales? I'll take a picture later so you can see what I got.

SooziesWorld
2999 posts
I got a couple of things I wanted from Mecca's sale online (I actually think they are last years gift boxes actually but still happy). I didn't bother with Lush. There's hardly anything I use from there now and those items won't be in the sale. If I'm passing a Lush on my travels next week I'll look in but nothing actually took my fancy from the Xmas range this year. 
shazatron101
5112 posts
Im so annoyed lush took all their xmas stuff offline, i wanted more yog nog damnit!!
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Yeah Lush pull all their Xmas stock from the website for the sale which they now only do in shops. Too bad if you don't live near a shop. They might put some sales stock online later, like they did last year. 
shazatron101
5112 posts
Yeah i saw that, and to make up for it they put  new sprays up - but it doesnt make up for jack in my opinion lol maybe put them puppies on sale for us then ill forgive you hahaha
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
And $45+ for a body spray? No thanks. I just don't get where they're coming from anymore. 
shazatron101
5112 posts
Yeah thats absolutely ridiculous. Like sure theyre cruelty free and vegan and whatever else but that is an insane price tag
Jessicaparkin
13 posts
I haven't tried Mecca yet. On my list of places to go for my next Auckland trip!!
tannygirl
3392 posts
    I got up early yesterday for the Mecca sale and hemmed and hawed at what was on sale that I would realistically need and didn't have doubles of and then used my gifts cards I bought when they had the 3 deluxes samples with orders. 

I had to talk myself out a Sephora order because I knew I didn't need to buy more dupes of shades I already had.
Lisa-Lou
2681 posts
I was over in Nelson and it was surprisingly so quiet. I bought some new sleepwear and that's about it. I just got home today so am looking forward to sleeping in my own bed! 
tannygirl
3392 posts
    I got up before 6am this morning to buy a Beautylish Lucky Bag in Fair to Medium. I spent my $20 gift card from the annual Gift Card event which was a good thing because this year they're collecting 15% tax on the cost of the Lucky Bags and shipping. 
shazatron101
5112 posts
Enjoy it lisa!!! I know i absolutely loved my bed after hospital hahaha hospital sucks!!
Lisa-Lou
2681 posts
Thanks Shaz. Be good to get back to normality....onwards and upwards for 2020  :-)
shazatron101
5112 posts
Yeah honestly, miscarriages are super sucky but getting back to reality helps you get through it, not faster or easier, but it helps.

I think i made myself lists in a pretty new notebook so i wouldnt dwell on my misery. But i also made morbid jokes because they helped me cope :-/ hahaha. But the land of beauty review is here too :-D and i like to think we are a fantastic distraction lol

What are your new pjs like anyway? Thuuuper soft and comfy? Or summery cos itll be butthole hot soon ugh yuck
Lisa-Lou
2681 posts
I've got lots to do around the house and outside so I am intending to keep myself busy for sure :-) 
It's a cute little nightie with hearts all over it lol I hate being hot at night, I usually hang a leg out the side of the bed hahaha.
shazatron101
5112 posts
Good on ya. But look after yourself too :-)

Cuuuuuute!!! I havent owned a nighty in years
Lisa-Lou
2681 posts
Lol a nightie makes me sound like a nana! I didn't know what to call it.
shazatron101
5112 posts
Hahahahahaha noooo it doesnt!! I was going to say negligee but thats more of a robe i think
Kimrose
1419 posts
I bought 2 nightie from farmers and they are almost like long t shirts. Amazingly comfy, my most fave things to wear at home
trudijoy
8375 posts
Peignoir is the robe one shaz. 

a negligee is a silky lacey nighty ... I tend to think of a nightgown/nighty as more of a flannel, old school kinda thing. 

im a boxers and crop top/ shelf bra singlet sleeper, if I have to wear clothes to sleep in
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
Yes definitely keeping yourself busy helps Lisa, it did me when I had my miscarriage. I did the same Shaz. Usually when I'm upset about anything, I make jokes etc because that's my coping mechanism. Massive hugs to both of you babes xx
Macs
5351 posts
First time I haven't purchased anything . I just worked that day. Oh I was so tired by the time I got home .
shazatron101
5112 posts
Thats what i thought trudi but el googlio said different lmao
tabucutie
1811 posts
I didn't buy any beauty or makeup presents for boxing day but a lot of clothes! Yay for online shopping as I was working that day too. Can't wait to receive the packages at work since I'm working through.

I remembered the lush boxing day sale and went online only to see it is in store. The one year I remember, oh well. 
tannygirl
3392 posts
My Beautylish Lucky bag arrived. I was really nervous this time about getting a palette I wouldn't use since I watched a lot of unboxings and I was worried I would get a palette with really bright colors that wouldn't really use like bright light blues and green. But I was really lucky when I opened my Beautylish Lucky Bag I got the Natasha Denona Gold Palette! Now I ordered the 75 USD light-medium box (103.50USD with shipping and taxes) and I only saw the 15 pan palettes pop up in the XL boxes maybe this palette in one other medium Lucky Bag unboxing. That palette retails for 129USD on Beautylish. And I actually was really interested in it about a year ago when I was really into gold eyeshadow, but just coudn't justify the price. When I use a shimmer on my eyemakeup gold is one of my top go-to colors so I'll definitely use it. 

I paid 131.70 (83.50 USD because I had a $20 giftcard from when they did their annual giftcard special). I got 191 USD of items I like (255.30 USD with tax). The only ones I wasn't too keen on was the Faux Brush Rolls because it's not practical and the Sugar Pill liquid lipstick but, that's only because I'm not into the color. Grand total of the bag is 223 USD (298.72 USD with taxes)!

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!