Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Long Lasting Lipsticks

30 posts, 20 members
itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
I am on a bit of a quest to find long lasting lipsticks. Basically they have to be a lipstick that a girl can rely on all day and afforable.  I've tried several already and most have been fairly average. So I though I'd put the question to you ladies. have you found a lipstick that lasts the time you want/need it to?
k3r1pakai
1185 posts
If you're into liquid lipsticks then look no further then Lasplash lip couture they're matte but they don't budge. Another goodie are the colorpop matte liquid lipsticks which will be re released in the first week of August. I suggest going thru YouTube channels l, there are great reviews on their.... I do know about Lasplash lip couture I have just one but want more and they do stay put. They go on wet and dry matte without any budging. You can eat drink and sweat with it on & they go nowhere. :)
itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
Cool I've just checked out your review of that and it sounds like it fits the requirements. And colour pop is on the short list I guess you could say, the point against that and possibly LASplash is the inability to pick it up in a store in NZ.
Thebeautycontext
1768 posts
I am still on the hunt for one that last a long time, but in general, matte lipsticks are long wearing and long lasting. At the moment, my favourite matte lipstick is from the too faced melted collection, but that is a bit more expensive than the average brand. I have never tried a matte 'drugstore' brand, so i can't help you there, but would love to see what everyone else suggests
Farmers-Wife
2052 posts
I totally agree with lasplash. Addicted to them big time here! They stay on all day easy as.
Colourpop stay as well. I've found depending on the colour depends how well it stays.
MAC I have a few that stay on easy and others slide off.
MareeB
5244 posts
I only ever use pencils these days and I find they all last pretty well.
Thebeautycontext
1768 posts
LA Splash sounds so good, maybe after my low buy is over i'll pick some up, but then.. the colourpop ones sound nice aswell, and there is such an amazing range of colours available. Hmm choices, choices! 
k3r1pakai
1185 posts
I have too faced melted lipstick 1 only and I find that their stay power sux for such a beautiful colour and applicator I'm upset that it takes one sip from the water bottle to destroy the prettiest lipstick... so sad... I did hear that la girl matte balm lipsticks are nice too. The only thing about matte lipsticks is they show up your dehydrated lips so it pays to keep your lips in even better condition so the matte effect just improves your natural beauty and not enhances any flaws for the minute :) x
alikat
423 posts
I've been very impressed with the lasting power of the Matte NARS lip pencils. I've got one in Cruella and another in Dragon Girl - and they last well past lunch with minimal touch up. 

Preparation is the key - lip scrub, lip balm, foundation on lips / lip primer, fill with pencil, apply lipstick, powder down with tissue and apply again.
Lutece
1849 posts
I have heard so many amazing things about Lasplash, Farmerswife has some beautiful selfies rocking some of their lippies too!

I recommend the Rimmel Provocalips range, they are long lasting and arent as drying as most liquid long lasting lipsticks. Jeffree star are also great but a little more out of price range.
MissQT
1547 posts
 always wanted to try those matte liquid lipsticks, so I might have to check some of the ones mentioned out. A girl at work was wearing a nars one the other week which looked amazing! I think I'll try a cheaper one first though.
Farmers-Wife
2052 posts
Lutece thanks luv xxxx
Thebeautycontext
1768 posts
Wow k3r1pakai, i love my too faced lipstick (i have the shade fig) and i find it wears really well. However, don't think it can compare to the LA Splash, because that seems to be all the rave at the moment
La girl have some amazing ones also
janini9
341 posts
Ahem, I have quite a few that I love and really do stay on your lips. I haven't tried LA Splash or Colourpop (they are next on my list of want to purchase). My faves are Lime Crime, both the lippys and velvetines, pretty Zombie Cosmetics, Jeffery Star, Rimmel Provocalips, and ChiChi matt and metallic lipsticks.
I find the Too Faced lippys and melted lip paint, Anastasia Beverly Hills liquid lipsticks and glosses, Mac lippys, Australis Liqid Lipsticks and liquid paint, , Revlon chubby a (in fact any so called stain chubbys) to be dead set useless at staying power.
Thebeautycontext
1768 posts
janini9that is a decent list! Will have to try the Rimmel appocolips, and would love to try the Anastasisa ones, they are on the wishlist for sure! 

I have tried lime crime ofcourse, amazing formula, but i sold mine and don't plan on buying anymore 
sam_clarkson
205 posts
in terms of regular lippy- I have had alright success with the teez lipsticks (in the long skinny bullet) having decent wearing power

and the colour 1995 from gerard cosmetics seems to last quite well on me.

unfortunatley have not (yet) been able to try LaSplash or color pops liquid lippies, I will soon though.

Have a couple of limecrime velvetines and meh, they seem to be a pain to get one nicely, then if you eat (on me anway) the middle of lip wears off, then if I reapply it it goes crumbly and balls up
Julieal
915 posts
Great ideas here thanks -I have always had trouble with my lipstick staying powers..
EnyaMUA
1109 posts
Despite being a gloss, the LA Girl Flat Pigment Glosses perform exactly like a liquid lipstick. The only difference is that they stay slightly tacky on the lips (in the most comfortable way possible) so they don't dry out. Ever. And their lasting power is amazing. 
Mila
1209 posts
I struggle wt=ith a lot of the longwearing lipsticks as I find they can be quite drying for me but the Rimmel Provocolips has been fantastic definatley not drying and they last and last :)
itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
Wow getting a nice list thank you ladies :) I'm particularly interested in lipsticks that can be brought in shops so great to see a few of those at the top of the list.
tannygirl
3392 posts
The longest lasting lip color I have tried so far is Younique's Stip Upper Lip Stains. I have it in the shade Sultry which is a nice sort of raspberry red but much richer. You can layer on just one layer and get a lighter tint or go full out. I have eaten, drunk tea and water, kissed and it stays on for hours and just wears off in the center around the end of the day. I definitely want more of them.
itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
So thought I would post an update to say I am working my way through your recommendations and trying a few others as well.

Maybelline was the last brand I looked which was quite an experience as I've never tried a two step lipstick before (http://www.beautyreview.co.nz/catalogue/cosmetics/maybelline-super-stay-24-wear-review#review). I also tried one of their "normal" lipsticks which did a decent job.

The next brand on my list is Rimmel and quite excited about that since I've loved the stuff of theirs I've tried so far.
I'm also thinking of trying LASplash, so feel free to let me know where you get your LASplash fix from. Are they only online? Or do you know a store that sells their lipsticks?
rajib
8 posts
It is difficult to find a lipstick that lasts longer. After searching in the market for long wear & best lip color for thin lips. I determined to take liquid lipstick or matte lipstick. I don't desist which one really works for a long time. I already try Jouer long wear liquid lipstick and much more, but one thing is true after applying your lip color need careful eating and drinking. That helps keep the lip color for a long time, but fast needs a long wear lipstick.
[color=#291b29]you're into liquid lipsticks then look no further then Lasplash lip couture they're matte but they don't budge. [/color]
Sophia
203 posts
I have a selection of the Loreal Infallible lipsticks which do stick around a long time and mostly only need touch ups after meals. There's not an amazing range of colors but the jewel toned reds are nice, and the red brown.
Maybelline matte lip paint stays longer but you might need a light lip balm on top to get around the dry sensation. It's not drying on the lips but it feels different to a lipstick.
Macs
5351 posts
My favourite long lasting lipstick are  : Kylie Lip kit, Jefree Star liquid lipstick , Colorpop liquid matte (Drying) , La Splash , Lime Crime (Tried them all and they all work well) . 

Id love to try other brands like Milani, Kat Von D,  Morphe , Anastasia, Huda , Sephora and Fenty someday soon. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
Kvd, Urban Decay Vice, Maybelline Matte ink, Mellow, lime crime velvetine
MareeB
5244 posts
Yep definitely Mellow.
tannygirl
3392 posts
    Lime Crime the matte velvetines are really good at being transferproof I have two of them in Utopia (discontinued) and Wicked. And I can drink water and kiss loved ones without it getting them. They are a bit drying though, so I don't wear them every day but then I have heaps of lippies I can wear so no biggie.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!