Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Critique My Brows?

51 posts, 18 members
EnyaMUA
1109 posts
Okay so thanks to that beautiful Billion Dollar Brow Pencil I am now learning to fill in my brows. I don't shape them or wax them or anything and when I fill them in I JUST do the sparse areas and kinda comb them into place. Anyone wanna critique them? Tell me what I'm doing right or wrong, I'm begging you!
https://instagram.com/p/08uaCvCcuQ/?taken-by=wannabemuaonyoutube

chikoboo
3402 posts
I'm no place to offer you any critism hun, I am still on the learning curve myself but they look even and tidy =)
EnyaMUA
1109 posts
Thank you Chik! That means a lot coming from you (even though you're learning too)
MareeB
5250 posts
They look great - well done! It's a nice photo of you too :)
EnyaMUA
1109 posts
Ahhh thank you Maree! <3
1139 posts
I think they look good, nice and natural. I know you said you don't shape them but I would recommend shaping them a little bit at the end. I have naturally super thick and wide brows but I find that taming them a little helps to shape my face better. But that's down to personal preference, and I think you look great :)
EnyaMUA
1109 posts
Yeah I think I have to suck it up and get the ends done a little hehe, thank you lovely!
trudijoy
8375 posts
threading!  I love threading.  Need to get mine done again <3

Yours are looking good but I agree that a little bit of a shape and tidy would make them even better
EnyaMUA
1109 posts
What exactly IS threading? I've heard the term before but never actually found out what it is. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
Basically two linen threads twisted and pulled so that they pluck out hairs.  Like tweezing a bunch of hairs at once, but the women who do it are able to shape brows with the technique.  I also get my chin and upper lip done; damn pale skin/dark hair combo.

EnyaMUA
1109 posts
Ohhhh now that sounds good!
trudijoy
8375 posts
Inexpensive too - brows alone is $5-$9.  I pay $15-$27 for a full face depending on where i go.  I usually just go to Kess at Sylvia Park though.
MareeB
5250 posts
Yikes  -I've seen it done on tele and I was nearly crying just watching - far toooo painful for me (big chicken!).
trudijoy
8375 posts
Maree it's not worse than waxing/tweezing and it's all over within minutes ;)
charly
456 posts
If you get a little bit of shaping done you can then maintain it at home for free easily, or just pop into the beautician every few months. 

Personally i I like my brows a little thinner on the 'downhill' bit, but it's def easier to have someone else do it first. 
EnyaMUA
1109 posts
I used to have my eyebrow pierced so for me personally I think if I can take that, I can take threading or waxing
sam_clarkson
205 posts
I HATE getting my eyebrows waxed so much lol- I def won't do threading,

but i still dutifully every month get my eyebrows waxed when I get my "other" waxing done. 
I would rather get that done weekly than my eyebrows is how much I hate it..

Le sigh pain is beauty right?

kirstysays
762 posts
I agree with Elena... I have a similar situation where my brows look natural, but, just a bit of shaping and they frame my face that much better!
EnyaMUA
1109 posts
I use a bee venom moisturizer every night... "pain is beauty" is practically my slogan!
EnyaMUA
1109 posts
My brother came home and asked me why I filled in my brows (this is the first time he's ever seen me with filled in brows). I'm pretty impressed with how perceptive he is.
Rezee
1964 posts
I would probably just get the ends shaped but thats only my preference. I think bigger brows are gorgeous.  Do you have a scar from your eyebrow piercing? I had mine done as a young teen, 14!, and I have a scar still and hair doesnt grow on that bit. So annoying, especially as im 28 now so had no idea it would last this long.
EnyaMUA
1109 posts
Surprisingly I have no scar! I do from my nose piercing but my eyebrow was only in for a little less than 4 months, took it out for surgery and by the time I got home I would've had to force it in and after all the needles in me that day I decided I couldn't be bothered haha.
MillXhodia
136 posts
looks great, will agree on slightly shaping but nothing too major. I think if you are unsure go to a pro and they can work on a shaping them to your liking. I was an overplucker in my teen years so I tweeze out a few a month haha
EnyaMUA
1109 posts
I have my eye on a place in Hamilton when I go up to see my Mum, but I'm not sure if I wanna pay over $20 just to have them threaded!
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
There is a Kess in Hamilton. They do brows for around $12. I get mine done every 2-3 weeks. Can't be bothered tweezing them myself at that price and now they're never uneven or over plucked. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
JUST brows should only be $5-$10
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
It's always $12 just for brows in Porirua although I think it was slightly cheaper in Hamilton. They're the only place that does threading round here so no competition. 

SandieNZ
424 posts
OK - so dumb question - why would you get them threaded as opposed to waxed?  Is it better for the skin?  Thanks :)
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
I'm not sure why but I think threaded looks better, more natural, with a brushed through effect. I was on roaccutane last year and was told by my demo that I could not wax anywhere, in case my skin came off! But threading was ok. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
1mamabear i get lil white bumpies post waxing but not post-threading, and they end up a better shape and the weird completely bare waxed patches arent an issue :)
EnyaMUA
1109 posts
I was on roaccutane when I was 13 I think! 
EnyaMUA
1109 posts
Also I just had a look at Kess and that might be a good option
SandieNZ
424 posts
Thanks Trudi - I am really interested to see if it makes a difference.  I have been using fLash on my brows to try and thicken them up, it started amazingly but has fizzled out lately...maybe revitalash is worth trying?
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Enya, I was 45! I finally have clear skin though!
Macs
5351 posts
I have no brow game at all. But those Elf Stencils look great. I was thinking of buying some myself to get the correct shape. 
MareeB
5250 posts
I get mine waxed and dyed every month but I'm starting to think I don't really like the shape of them. They're kind of long and kind of thin - not the best material for the therapist to work with! It's great getting waxed though, I highly recommend it.
100_percent_ash
488 posts
Brows are my weakness too. I'm super self-concious aout them after all the "horrifying" celebs with no eyebrows memes (that's me hmmmmphh!).

I'm slowly getting there. Actually loving the Loreal Brow Plumper at the mo it's brill on my blondies, so natural but kempt looking.
EnyaMUA
1109 posts
I actually think my brows look fine without being filled in, but as I want to be a make up artist I should definitely learn how to fill them in nicely, so I just practice on myself!
AmandaJane
1147 posts
I had my brows threaded for $5 in the mall recently. It hurt but I think the pain is over quickly compared to plucking them. I have no idea what it would be like to have them waxed, I've never done it.

I have a scar from a piercing too, I hide it with my fringe.

Your photo looks great btw, and your brows look fine to me. Good on you for asking for a critique though :)
accidentprone_x
845 posts
I think as long as your brows are a nice shape they are easier to fill in. I have also been living the Billion dollar brows pencil and the l'oreal brow plumper
EnyaMUA
1109 posts
I'm still looking for a good place in Hamilton as I'm gonna be there over the weekend!
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
I've had mine done at Kess in Centre Place and was happy with the results. 
EnyaMUA
1109 posts
That sounds good, my brother wants to get his eyebrow pierced near there so I think I might pop in!
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
You don't need to make an appointment either. 
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Enya, I'm curious, did you get your eyebrows threaded yet?
EnyaMUA
1109 posts
No! But I just found out yesterday that there's a place in Botany that does threading so I'm thinking I'll just go there because it's so close ^-^
trudijoy
8375 posts
There are two places in Manukau that do this too chick and both are cheap, and pretty good x
SoBeautyStuff
25 posts
I'm a little late on this thread (no pun intended). It totally depends what look you like with eyebrows, I know that the thicker look is in with the likes of Cara Delevingne, but they are usually a little more shaped like the other girls have said; I would recommend just making the arch a little more defined and thin out the ends, by plucking hairs at the bottom towards the outer side.

Otherwise I would say you look like you've really got the hang of application with the brow pencil, your brows looks really natural :)
SoBeautyStuff
25 posts
I'm a little late on this thread (no pun intended). It totally depends what look you like with eyebrows, I know that the thicker look is in with the likes of Cara Delevingne, but they are usually a little more shaped like the other girls have said; I would recommend just making the arch a little more defined and thin out the ends, by plucking hairs at the bottom towards the outer side.

Otherwise I would say you look like you've really got the hang of application with the brow pencil, your brows looks really natural :)
katedraper
16 posts
You don't have to pay for threading or waxing: I am far too terrified to let anyone else touch my eyebrows as I worry I'll have none left. 
I think if you take your tweezers and that GOLDEN lesson which I found in my mums primo makeup book but was posted on BR lately: the lines as to where to have the highest point of your brows, where to end them etc. That is awesome, simple, easy to follow, absolutely love the advice. I can't find that article: anyone know how to find it? 
You have awesome eyebrows to start with: using the guidelines in that picture/article I'm wanting to locate, you'll have a perfect palate to work the shaping magic. If you choose to of course! 
I really can't recommend those rules enough. Ensures you don't take too much off or end up giving your eyes the 'surprised' look or the tadpoles or anything. You have lovely natural brows to start with. Don't let anyone whip them all off! 

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!