Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

9 posts, 9 members
Hi Lovely Ladies,
I need some help.  I'm pregnant and my skin is a mess. Hormones gone crazy.  
The worst is under my eyes it is so dry, can anyone recommend a resonably priced eye cream for sensitive skin?
HELP
chikoboo
3402 posts
If this is simply a horminal inbalancement due to bubba I wouldn't suggest altering your normal skincare routine, but avoid anything which may dry the area out further.  In place of your normal eye care, switch out whatever you are currently using and replace it with good old fashion vaseline, just a little dot dabbed under the eye not too close to the lower lid the skin will pull the moisture up to the dry areas don't worry about that.  It can be greasy so maybe only do this in the evening before bed and make sure it is dabbed in well so that it doesn't slick around your face and into your eyes as you sleep or you'll wake up teary eye. 
Macs
5351 posts
Hi there, I had the same problem when I was pregnant with my daughter. I used Weleda products. I found them really good for me. I agree with sticking with what you know. Always do a skin test with a new product.
kirstyj
1732 posts
I'm not sure about reasonably priced but I just bought a Clarins one (Eye Contour Balm I think it is called) and it is really nice so far.
Also have a look on the forums here, there was a thread recently about a free sample of a Shiseido eye cream so that could be worth a try (and maybe getting friends to sign up to get one for you too :) )
Farmers-Wife
2052 posts
I've been using trilogy rosehip and their new one on my eyes as well as trilogy eye cream and oasis lips and lashes. I like mixing my products up so I don't get bored.
Julieal
915 posts
I find Trilogy very gentle
DianaN
143 posts
I just like using Trilogy Rosehip Oil Antioxidant as eye cream. It's a natural oil so you know it's good for you. I have acne prone skin and it hasn't broken me out so it should be suitable for sensitive skin. It absorbs super quickly and leaves the under eye area hydrated as well. 
BeautyCutie
130 posts
A lot of experts have recently said that eye creams are actually just as effective as a regular facial moisturiser - so you can just apply your regular moisturiser to your eye area if it's gentle and nourishing. I've been doing that over the past few months and find it works great :) 
LinF
63 posts
I suggest vit E oil AFTER applying normal moisturiser. I've started using this OVER my Monsia day and night moisturiser. The central heating is on in the house and my skin seems to get much drier. Don't worry it does not make the skin feel greasy at all. I apply only a drop around the eyes and 3 drops on the neck area. There is absolutely no reaction with any other makeup that I might use.

My apologies - applying Vit E oil after locks in the moisture - I got it the wrong way round.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!