Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Vagacials! WTF!

27 posts, 19 members
mallomiss
569 posts
So in my Facebook news feed this morning I stumbled upon this http://uproxx.com/webculture/2015/01/vagina-facials-or-vagacials/
(Hope that link works)
Some dating guru has come up with the idea that we should be treating our downstairs to something like a facial!
I find this rather hilarious but then maybe if mine was wrinkly & dry like she claims hers was, I might entertain the idea....
I'm interested in your thoughts on this...
Macs
5351 posts
I had a quick look at it. Good on that lady for trying it. I wouldnt try it myself though.
mallomiss
569 posts
yeah seems like it'd be a bit messy & quite uncomfortable! 
Charmmy-Kitty
639 posts
What on earth did I just watch????? Lets hope the trend doesn't get over to NZ anytime soon!
Koni
444 posts
Wowww seems to be a growing number of things we can do to the lady garden haha:

Brazilian (whatever shape you want)
Vajazzle (shining bright like a diamond)
Colouring (really?)
Vagacial (really? No seriously really? Haha)

Amazing what we learn being part of BR.
Kimrose
1419 posts
Imagine doing that for a job??!!
MareeB
5244 posts
Oh dear dear me...I don't think I'll mention egg white facials again in a hurry..they've suddenly lost their appeal...
Ksjc_nz
370 posts
God, why bother?!
As for the person doing the job, I guess it would be a lot like doing a Brazilian - you'd just get used to it and it wouldn't be weird - although getting your head around that treatment would take me a bit longer than it did to feel comfortable with Brazilians haha
MareeB
5244 posts
I'd love a brazillian, but far tooooo chicken sadly...
-Bex-
611 posts
Hahaha what the hell did I just read? Sorry I shouldn't laugh. But seriously? Think I will give this a miss
Kenns
85 posts
This has just made my day! Just when you think to yourself you've heard of everything...
sam_clarkson
205 posts
what the heck lol as if we dont have enough to worry about as it is, 
pumau
121 posts
I read the comments before i clicked the link and now im glad i didnt watch it.
I'm too chicken to get a brazillian yet alone let someone give my vagina a facial.
I am literally picturing an avocado face mask...down there with a couple slices of cucumber down the middle. 

tannygirl
3392 posts
Oh I completely forgot this existed. I haven't tried it but I'm guessing it's a service you could find available at a salon that specializes in brazillians, vajjazles, special shaping and dyeing for the lady garden and possibly v-steaming. I bet some very specific salon has the whole v spa package, it just depends on how much money and time you want to spend with your downstairs out for a therapist.
ragingfrog
1289 posts
There is a whole industries based on the "down there" part of a woman. I think I really comes down to if you can be bothered for some industries, vajazzling jewels - not really a necessity but a nice to have if you vajazzle, or other industries, cervical smears - more likely to happen. It sounds a bit like vaginal rejuvenation which is also out there. I think there is a marketing paper on this "creating a need" for things that we don't really require.  
I am sure that there is someone out there that is willing to pay for it but it isn't me.
SandieNZ
424 posts
I really can't imagine getting this done!!!  There'll be ones for the guys next.....ewwww!!  ;)
mallomiss
569 posts
I think this is something that would more likely take off in America & Europe - I can't imagine a lot of Kiwi women would get into this. Vajazzling didn't really take off here (no surprises really). I have a friend who used to have a salon that started doing Vajazzling & she had 2 in the few months they were advertising it. She actually said there was a surprising amount of women adverse to Brazillians too; now that surprised me as it used to be that so many of my female friends and other women that I'd get chatting to about it got them. It seems now days not so many bother. I got chatting to a few of the Girls here at work about Brazillians & I'm the only one who gets them out of about 10 of us! I was quite shocked by that though I understand it. I guess because I've been doing it for years I just don't think about it anymore; it's just like getting my eyebrows done to me....
As for the Vajacial.... no I wouldn't. I actually cringe at the idea of having a gloopy mess down there at home, let alone lying spreadeagle on a salon bed trying to relax! haha
I cracked up at the comment above "a couple of cucumber slices" hahaha 
Any one who would be keen though... go for it! I do believe we should do what we feel to be our best selves... let me know if it works! 
Macs
5351 posts
Funny I remember seeing a story about Gweneth Paltrow Steaming herself. I thought omgosh , are u crazy! 
Shana_Banana84
567 posts
Haha thats awesome.  I guess our vjayjay needs loving care too so I wouldn't dismiss it straight away I think.  This totes made my day though
shazatron101
5112 posts
I don't think I would go anywhere to pay for it to be done, I'd do it at home, and I'm pretty sure I wouldn't tell anyone I was doing it unless it was like some miracle vjayjay facelift lmfao
Shana_Banana84
567 posts
haha Pthannon I totally agree!!  I wouldn't go get it done at a salon only in the comfort of my own home!
shazatron101
5112 posts
Hahahaha! The ingredients look easy enough to source so it wouldn't be hard to do. We can discuss on Monday bahahahahahahahaha
triffid
151 posts
I think the woman who says she developed this vagitheraphy deserves a medal for novelty.I guess with all the other things one can do or have done why not if you feel it would help.
Interesting choice of egg white though because when I taught NFP we said fertile mucous was just like egg white so perhaps there is something in this ingredient .
So now the link to chickens becomes overwhelming as I know when we kept chickens if they became egg bound we would hold their nether regions over steaming water.
I would probably crack up ,cackle or roar with laughter in a salon while having this done.Just imagine the receptionist calling out "Next for the vagacial please"  :)
Ringy
825 posts
oh god- what if you needed to wee? The stress of knowing I can't wee for a waxing or 'face' facial appointment always makes me need to go ten times beforehand! 
triffid
151 posts
So true and would you eat baked beans close to an appointment?
mallomiss
569 posts
Bahahaha imagine booking it with a few others in the waiting room!
Baked beans! !! Hahaha!
omg can't even bring myself to look at the link lol

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!