Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Have you ever.....

17 posts, 16 members
Kimrose
1419 posts
Hey ladies, I was wondering if any of you have reported a review? While searching our Beauty Review site I have come across some pretty basic reviews, like 2 sentences or so, and I thought they are a bit of a rip off!  I know most of us put a lot of time, thought and energy into our reviews and I do feel these other ladies are taking the system for granted. I have not reported any yet, however in fairness to us all I will be doing it in the future. If you have, how basic was the review?
Chaotic82
522 posts
I have many times.  If it doesn't meet the standards I hit report - BR can decide from there if it's OK or not.
MareeB
5244 posts
Hmm no I don't usually, but if it was something BR would like us to do, then I would. When I started I got the dreaded email telling me to do better and that was how I learned to take all the relevant factors into consideration and be more descriptive when I'm writing a review, so hopefully other people will learn the same way. I have to agree though, lots of them are not helpful.
trudijoy
8375 posts
I've reported - and been reported. All you're doing is flagging it for review by BR, who are pretty fair. If you, as the reader, aren't happy with a review then report away, I say! A couple I was reported for were silly but a quick chat with BR fixed that. Most were fair enough! They're are some shockers out there so reporting them keeps it all good for everyone
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
Yes I have reported and been reported once to say that I needed to re-do a review for a perfume when I first started - in all honesty it was a pretty meh review after I read it again, I struggle to describe fragrances ha ha ha so could understand why I had to re-write it x

I don't see reporting or being reported as a negative thing if anything I believe it helps us write better reviews and give a really honest opinion of the products.  

Although in saying that, the reviews that have just a couple of sentences and tells us nothing really about the product really tells me that they haven't really tried the product properly or long enough. Sadly some have just written reviews for quick points.

If I do a review and someone wants to know more then they can reply in the comment section under my review or even tell me what they think I should have included xx
Macs
5351 posts
Hey Kimi , 

No I haven't reported a review before. 

I have been reported on . I wish I knew which review it was so I could have fixed it.I remember getting an email. To be fair the review I suspect wasn't really good back then.
kirstyj
1732 posts
Yes, I report reviews if I see them and I know they don't meet BR requirements.

It annoys me when I see these reviews that aren't very good, as I know the rest of the members are putting in the effort to write something worthwhile. Also that I don't want someone else to see it and think that BR isn't a useful place to look for reviews.

The things I see most commonly are where people haven't actually owned or given a product a decent trial eg. Trying a perfume on in the store and it smells nice, or Mum owns it and she seems to like it. Or just reviews that are plain short and don't give any useful info.
MissQT
1547 posts
Yes I do if I don't think they meet the standard. The ones I have reported were one or two sentence reviews like the ones you've spotted. I also spotted one member simply copy's be pasting the prouct description as the review!
tannygirl
3392 posts
Yes, if the review is consisting of just two or three lines and the description of the product is vague and general, then I don't hesitate to report it. If I'm wrong then the Beauty Crew will decide if it meets the site standards.
Hmm no, I haven't reported anyone. I tend to skip through the reviews looking at the number of stars until I see one meaty enough to give me lots of info.
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
I have never reported one but I have seen some shockers. I look back at the first few ones that I wrote and I think I have definately improved lol
Julieal
915 posts
No I haven't reported a review but I did recieve an email in the early days to request I improve the one I had done which made me feel really aweful but also made me look at what I was doing -I do believe the reviews are all monitored and people are given a choice to reassess what they have written -Maybe the reviewers didn't want to bother in which case their review would not be given points.
Charmmy-Kitty
639 posts
I've been tempted a few times when I saw reviews that were along the lines of 'great color, love it lots!'. But I always feel too harsh and mean if I report so I never do. 
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
I have come across some really long winded ones lately. I honestly don't bother reading them. Lol balance is definately the key.
JessB
219 posts
Wow MissQT, people just copy and paste the description?! That's terrible!!

I haven't reported any reviews so far, though sometimes I feel that maybe I should.  It's very frustrating having to go past 4 or 5 reviews that give no insight into the product when you're figuring out whether to buy it or not. 
alexgrin
11 posts
many times! I think it's very useful
shazatron101
5112 posts
I do all the time! If there's a product with 100+ reviews and the first 3 pages are 1-2 sentences I get so annoyed!! I usually pick the worst from the lot and report them, but if I have nothing better to do - and lets face it the washing isn't important - then they all get in my bad books haha :P I don't feel bad about it either, I'm here to read quality reviews not garbage!

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!