Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Sorbet Shampoo bars!

23 posts, 12 members
shazatron101
5112 posts
Hey ladies! I've had a read of all of the Sorbet reviews, as I bought a sampler box last month. Just wondering how long shipping usually takes? Sitting here twiddling my thumbs, pretending to be patient... Hahahah ;-)
Thanks x
Qweenkaren
313 posts
I got one last week, I think it took 3 days to get here... they are in Chch, and I'm in the South Island too.
Also, they keep you up to date with emails in regard to when it leaves them & the courier ticket so you can track it.
shazatron101
5112 posts
Thanks Karen! Its been a week and the status still hasn't been changed on their site and I've had no further emails other than my initial purchase email... I can be patient for a lil while longer I guess.. Haha ;)
Lutece
1849 posts
I have been thinking about buying their shampoo bars but still on the fence as I have seen some in lush also, decisions, decisions!
trudijoy
8375 posts
Lutece I'm just finishing up a sorbet sampler but tempted by Lush Trichomania so if you do try Lush and Sorbet let me know how they compare?
shazatron101
5112 posts
Lutece, yes I was intruiged too! So when I got their email last month about their $15 sampler box (instead of $25 or whatever it is) I decided to buy it! I can't wait for it to turn up :-) (if it ever does...)
trudijoy
8375 posts
Shaz what did you order?

My sister in law (and brother haha) got me mine for my b'day and she chose so well... I got Damage Control Shampoo, Pomegranate Polisher exfoliant (LOVE both these), Wonderbar conditioner (nice on hair, nicer on legs!), Fresh Start Cleanser (my skin wasn't a huge fan of this but it seems nice) and Bonbon treatment which I'm on the fence about. I also got two soaps and with them came a sample of heali kiwi which I haven't used yet.
shazatron101
5112 posts
I think I ordered the frizz wrangler, st clements, the guardian, saving face serum and ginger snap! The first two are shampoo, the third a conditioner and the last two are face things, I think! I can't remember haha ;-)  
trudijoy
8375 posts
ooh can't wait to read reviews so I can decide what to put in my next one :p
deville
42 posts
Really interested to hear about the Sorbet products as I've been looking to go natural for my hair and face but not sure if anyone does a natural product for coloured hair?
trudijoy
8375 posts
My hairs fake (in colour anyway) and i loved the sorbet bar i tried (damage control)
shazatron101
5112 posts
I am still waiting for mine! Hopefully they will be here on Tuesday. They had a massive back log of orders because a lot of people bought their sampler while it was on sale (me, I did that) and so it was going to add a few extra days before they got sent out etc. Ahhh I can't wait to try them!
100_percent_ash
488 posts
I was lucky enough to be a tester for a sorbet bar shampoo and while the one I used isn't on sale at the mo I imagine the general result would be similar. I actually found that it was really good for prolonging my colour. Presumably because it didn't have the sulfates, at least I think that's what strips colour in conventional shampoo.
Macs
5351 posts
Very curious about these sorbet bars. Now Lush has released some too. Im having a dillema lol of what to buy. Can't wait to hear your thoughts about it. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
Macs..get a sorbet sampler and try 5 :p
charly
456 posts
Shar, thanks for checking it out. I'm in the same situation as you wondering when my box will arrive!
charly
456 posts
Macs, Lush are a great brand and I've heard good things about their hair care bars, but Sorbet is an NZ product. Personally if I'm choosing between two options and one is a local company, I think that is a better option ????
accidentprone_x
845 posts
I'm actually not that interested in trying this product outhavehave been currently using there gingersnap soap and it is quite a harsh exfoliating soap but I do have amazingly smooth legs after using it.
shazatron101
5112 posts
Heh Charly, you might get yours Monday. I know I won't as it's Taranaki anniversary weekend and I'm sure the couriers are off that day too lol. 

Oooh accidentprone, thank you! I think I got one of those gingersnaps in my sampler, but didn't know it was harsh! I do quite like the harshness though haha
MAGPIEFI
615 posts
I'm debating on trying either but it does seam a little weird I have never tried a solid shampoo so a little nervous at the throught of using a soap like substance. Stuck in a time zone lol 
Farmers-Wife
2052 posts
I'd go lush. You get a free sample from lush if you pop into a store. I've tried both brands and reacted to sorbet and not lush. Just my 5 cents worth :)
tannygirl
3392 posts
I don't remember how long it takes for Sorbet orders to get to you but it does take awhile could be that most of the time I've ordered have been when there's been sales and stuff so it's possible there's more orders for them to deal with and so it takes awhile. I do love the St. Clements bar the best. I use this bar at least once a week for over a year after having coconut oil in my hair one day a week and I definitely give my hair more than a few swipes. And just last week I finished the bar. I personally really like it and have plans to order another from them.
shazatron101
5112 posts
Trudi, oh my gosh. OH MY GOSH!!!!!!! I got my samples yesterday and I'm in love <3 I used four of them this morning ;-) I am in love with Frizz Wrangler and The Guardian! Hooolllyyy moly

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!