Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

13 posts, 9 members
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
I realllllllllyyyy want to dye my hair a plum purple, just wondering if anyone can point to me in the right direction where I can source colour for me to do so?! :) TIA x
MareeB
5244 posts
Oh Amy, that will look gorgeous. Did you see the one that was coming up for trial recently?
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
I did indeed, it has me convinced even more so that I want my hair purple! I really love plum purple shade....so beautiful and want to try and achieve this colour doing it at home :)
itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
It'll look fab. I've seen a plum shade in the pharmacy as well.
MareeB
5244 posts
Purple and deep red would look beautiful with your skin tone Amy.
Macs
5351 posts
I wouldn't know which one to pick. I'm wanting to dye my hair a colour too when I hit my goal weight as a treat. I'm just going to lighten it using the advice nat gave in one of her articles. 

I recon you would suit it. I have seen some colours on trade me but you may find some in your local salon?
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
When I'm next in town I'll look at the salon and pharmacy. I was looking at Manic panic plum :) I have lightened my hair at home before so I'm confident in doing that :)
Priestess
18 posts
With reds and purples you have to be aware of your natural base coat of colour, if you are darker than a light brown/mousy blonde then the colour will probably only show in your hair when you are out in natural fierce sunlight, so if you want a plum purple you may have to put in a lighting agent like peroxide.  However, if you are on the lighter side of brown you may only need a quick low-level % to just lift the darkness and allow the colour to hold in your hair.  Another thing to be aware of is once you have reds, plums or purples in your hair you will spend a lifetime trying to get the red undertones out of your hair if you don't already have this undertone in there already.  
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Amy I recommend using La Riche directions. It is awesome and they have some primo colours. Cheap on trade me. I have a few tips for making it last and keeping it vibrant.
g1ggles2
358 posts
I agree with Lisa-Lou, Le Riche Directions worked really well for me when I went purple, also one of the better dyes that I used in terms of washing out. Manic panic 1 wash and it was faded, I got about 3 washes from Le Riche before it was showing a lot of fade. Obvisouly I washed my hair a lot less when it was brightly coloured and washing with cool water instead of warm or hot also helps to keep the colour longer.

shazatron101
5112 posts
Manic Panic is beautiful but it will fade fast and to be honest at the rate it fades, it seriously isn't worth the price.

I've also had success with La Riche Directions - but I've only used Lavender, and I had to have my hair obviously quite light to get that!

Schwarzkopf brights range do a color , possibly called Burgundy? On the box it's a lovely deep purple color, but I don't see why you can't mix it with a box of the brights purple to get a color you're lookig for - and I use these colors religiously and I reckon they last a decent amount of time :D

When all else fails I'm sure the "normal" colors have something you're after - and if you're lightening your hair a bit it will look even awesome :D good luck lovely!
trudijoy
8375 posts
When I had my pink and purple streaks they were bleached and done with either fudge or joico . That  was craaaaazy bright purple though. I miss that hair 
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
Thank you all for your help! I'll go with le richie I think.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!