Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Whos your Beauty Icon?

25 posts, 16 members
Macs
5351 posts
I was just thinking about who my beauty Icon is. I used to be hung up on Kardashians but now Im realising. Im not really looking to them anymore. Im looking at Make up Artists.
For me it's Lauren Bacall. I just love the old-fashioned sultry vibes she gives off.
MareeB
5244 posts
Mine is Yolanda Foster. Sadly she has had Lyme Disease for the past few years and it has taken a toll on her skin. She's still amazing for an old girl though!! (Her daughter is Gigi Hadid, but I think Yolanda was even more stunning than Gigi when Yolanda was younger)
AmandaJane
1147 posts
Hmm good question. I suppose Angelina Jolie is up there for me, not that I could ever look like her lol.  I think Blondie was stunning, she's still looking good for her age too but I bet she's got a ton of resources behind her. Oh and Elizabeth Taylor was a stunner too, I wish I had her eye colour :)
SandieNZ
424 posts
Hmm, I've never really thought about it.  I know I really admire natural beauty and people who are confident in their own skin - I always tend to be a bit sceptical of people who are covered in makeup and figure anyone could look like that with the right makeup artist, but it's probably just me trying to make myself feel better lol.
Probably a bit cliche but I think women like Jennifer Aniston and Halle Berry are beautiful,  And then there's the absolute classics like Audrey Hepburn....

MareeB
5244 posts
Oh yes Blondie was stunning - all that blonde hair and red lips! and yes she is still stunning at 69 years old! wow, good genes really make a big difference eh?
MareeB
5244 posts
My favourite was always Agnetha from ABBA but she didn't age very well sadly.
Koni
444 posts
I love to pull beauty inspiration from a lot of people (famous or not) but one person that comes to mind would be Jennifer Lopez - seriously she's got that "glow from within" on lock whether it's natural or va vavoom!
idomakeupnz
150 posts
I don't really have any specific beauty icons, I prefer to kind of make my own way with makeup and don't tend to follow trends at all.
If I look for inspiration it's always from MUAs I follow on Instagram and YouTube, nothing beats the classic artists but I really enjoy seeing looks from up and coming younger artists - they really appeal to me with their creativity.
Celebrity wise I always love the makeup that Cara Delevingne and Rihanna sport.
Marcel
335 posts
Vanessa Hudgens is my ultimate beauty and style icon, partly because i'm similar in age, height and build to her, and she always looks beautiful but natural, cool and relaxed. I have a few when it comes to clothing and style not so much make up though, I get most make up inspiration randomly from the net.
Macs
5351 posts
I get alot of my inspitation from make up artists on instagram and muscisians. 
Farmers-Wife
2052 posts
I find myself looking at actors on tv shows. I love looking on IG at looks people come up with. I find myself attracted to the more natural looks without all the filter things and perfect faces. How many people walk down the street behind a screen with filters and photo shopping??

When I see a shop assistant how has amazing makeup I tell them. I was shy at first doing it, now I'm happy saying what I love the most
Shana_Banana84
567 posts
For me it's Jeffree Star and Kat Von D.  I love how imaginative they are and open minded about makeup and the fact that it has no limits.  No longer are we limited to black liner or the 'normal' colours for shadow.  It's perfectly acceptable to have yellow eyeliner or shadow mixed with green shadow and pink lippy.  My imagination has gone nuts after seeing their makeup looks.  I have to say also that chikoboo and jessickaxnz are a huge inspiration for me.  I love their makeup looks they are always edgy and gorgeous but can always bring it back to natural and rock it.  They are the epitome of all that I call beautiful and your everyday girl! :D
Shana_Banana84
567 posts
Argh still can't tag names! Help please x
shazatron101
5112 posts
I'll send you a handy dandy thingy to help you if you like Shana :-)
Shana_Banana84
567 posts
Yuuussss thanks shazatron101 that helps heaps!
shazatron101
5112 posts
;-P you're welcome!
chikoboo
3402 posts
Aww Shana *big virtual hugss* made me cry ;) you are a doll xx
chikoboo
3402 posts
For me, my beauty icons are Nicole from Youngwildandpolished (youtube) not only on her looks she creates but her attitude to life, it is very addictive and she shares alot of my dry humour and values which is awesome.   Samantha Reily (youtube) again she creates some awesome looks and she isn't even a MUA she just taught herself and spends too much money (her words!) so she is very similar to me.  Jaclyn Hill of course there is no explaination needed there =)
jessickaxnz
1176 posts
Shana oh man, thank you!!! You are someone who I genuinely admire for having a f-you attitude to conformity, you are a beautiful woman inside and out and your comment made my day xx
Shana_Banana84
567 posts
Aw man and I had a big naaawwww moment too thanks Jessicka, I mean every word xx
StayClassy-xo
240 posts
Wow it's hard for me to pick one person.  I feel like Olivia Palermo is pinned a lot to my beauty and style boards though.  She always looks modern but classy and not over done.
Sarahbeautynz
1031 posts
Eee! I don't think I can answer this one as I have soo many people that I look to for inspiration, both in real life, as well as on YouTube and IG. Everyone offers such different inspiration, depending on my mood and what I'm looking for at the time, plus I'm always finding new artists to drool over :)
Lutece
1849 posts
I have many beauty icons, before it was celebrities until recently I realised there is nothing more beautiful and amazing than some of the wonderful ladies around me. I could go on forever with names, but to name a few they would be You (Macs), Chikoboo, Pintsize , Farmers-wife & Jessikaxnz xxx
Macs
5351 posts
Oh Lutece!! On instagram theres a couple of beauties on there whom I idolise to name a few chikoboo, jessikaxnz, Lutece, Farmers wife,neninoir, 100% guaranteed I'll be following whatever their doing (borderline stalking lol) try not to be but man they do some awesome looks!

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!