Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

What's your makeup philosophy?

13 posts, 13 members
trudijoy
8375 posts
Are you a 'learn all the techniques and try them!' girl?

Are you a 'it's hard but I like it on other people' girl?

What's your take?

For me, I'm firmly in the camp of:

'I have very little idea what I'm actually doing, so I just do stuff *I* like, because it's my face' :p
EnyaMUA
1109 posts
I'm all about learning as much as I can while still doing what I like. If I wanna wear something 'night time appropriate" during the day, I will. If I wanna put shimmery eyeshadow in the crease, I will. I'm all about no rules. 
Rezee
1964 posts
I think I'm someone who likes to see all the new techniques and see how looks are put together but I really like to do my own thing and not copy things exactly.
My makeup attitude reminds me a lot of how I cook. I take inspiration from different recipes and then throw it together because I think it will work well. Most of the time it's great, smetimes not so much!
MareeB
5244 posts
Mine is to try and be minimal with it and try and enhance whatever is good about my face!
Macs
5351 posts
I chop and change alot. I like statement lips when Im going out. I do highlighting for special ocasions. Go for a more natural nude look for day to day wear. I like to experiment at home and if its sucessful then try and wear it out.
chikoboo
3402 posts
I have always believed that makeup is to be played with to have fun and create.  Its only temporary and is you go wrong you can wash it off.  So I am firmly a go with flow on a whim and do what I feel like with makeup looks
DianaN
143 posts
Mine is the 'I like it on someone else but it doesn't look good on me' and usually my makeup is just basic base, blush and brows. The most adventurous thing I've done was my ball makeup 
mariaeolsina
46 posts
I thrive on trying new techniques to see what works best for me. 
I either wear a full face of makeup or none at all. I can't just put on a little makeup and go. 
Farmers-Wife
2052 posts
Rezee that's a awesome way of putting it. I like to watch new techniques when I see them pop up. Personally I like watching short wee tutorials. Then I try having a go
Shana_Banana84
567 posts
I like to give everything a try before I diss it.  I am not great at makeup but I kinda do what I think looks good and go with that.  I am always up for learning new things so will take in as much as I can.  BR has been a great learning tool for me more so than youtube to be honest.
butternutter
42 posts
I'm all for checking out how something works, but when it comes to what I actually put on I just take elements of this and that and go for kind of an enhanced natural look. Keep it simple.
kknz
82 posts
I'll look and watch & then think 'nah, I'll leave that to others'. I'll just stick to what I know works for my face. 
chelseaadelaide
703 posts
As much as I would like to try different looks, I really do end up sticking to the same thing every day (and evening), or slight variations of it. I just know what works for me and the products I have, and it saves on time and stress. xx

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!