Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

What have you sampled that is/was very difficult to get hold of a full size in?

20 posts, 12 members
trudijoy
8375 posts
..due to availability, LE, cost etc?

I have two at the moment. . .

#1 - Miss Dior perfume.  I got a $2 sample at a big bucket sale and from what I've seen the cost for a replacement is astronomical.  Plus I have 5 other perfumes at home atm haha oops.

#2 Anna Sui BB cream.  I got 4  samples of this (each does 3 'faces' when I bought at Anna Sui Fukuoka last month and I am absolutely in love with it.  It's creamy and delicious, it smells like roses, and it makes my face look nice.  But Anna Sui don't stock in NZ and I can't find the BB cream online - not sure if they have Anna Sui in Sydney/duty free (and it's probably mega costy) but gosh I love it!
Pifithrin
1243 posts
Is it this one by any chance?
Pifithrin
1243 posts
For relevance, I've had some samples like that from Sephora in Copenhagen. Mostly Caudalie products that I don't think are stocked in New Zealand.
Rezee
1964 posts
For me, while not a sample size, I've received a few things in memeboxes that are full sized that I love but I cant find them to buy again.
actually there is also a hair product that I received in a sample box last year that I cant find to buy either. 
Its so annoying,  shouldn't they make it easy for us to buy these products again!?
trudijoy
8375 posts
Pifithrin I actually love you right now.  That's it exactly.  It's spendy, but I was expecting that.

Pifithrin
1243 posts
Yay glad I could help!
trudijoy
8375 posts
I haven't used that site before - is it a straightforward, just pay and wait one?
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
I've not used ASOS myself but a colleague gets deliveries from there most weeks! So yes, safe and straight forward.
Koni
444 posts
Hiya Trudi hope Tuesday is looking good for you so far.  I've used ASOS a number of times for shoes and beauty products (of course) hehe.  They're reliable so you just pay, you get a confirmation email and it'll be on your doorstep before you know it.  Just like any other website that claim they ship worldwide there are some brands they won't ship outside UK so just be sure they can ship your item to NZ :-)
Pifithrin
1243 posts
Super straightforward! They ship directly here, and it's free if you spend over $40 NZD I think. I've bought Rimmel and Bourjois from there (so much cheaper!) and heaps of clothes etc.
chikoboo
3402 posts
Yeah I have used ASOS before it's pretty quick on the shipping too I had my items in just over 5 days =)
Thebeautycontext
1768 posts
Just reading this thread has been off window shopping on asos
shazatron101
5112 posts
Speaking of asos, is the Bourjois foundation good for oily skin? I'm looking at the reviews here but they aren't answering my questions. I'm looking at either the healthy mix foundation or the healthy mix serum foundation. Thanks lovelies x
Sarahbeautynz
1031 posts
Yep ASOS is easy as to order from and orders usually take just over a week to come. It breaks my heart that they don't ship half their brands here though lol I want some Illamasqua so bad!

Shaz, still trying to find a new foundation huh!? I defo wouldn't recommend the healthy mix serum for oily skin, it's super hydrating and geared towards dry skin. I suspect the standard healthy mix foundation probably wouldn't be great for super oily skin either because it talks about having 'glowy' and 'radiant' finishes on the packaging, I haven't tried that one though. 
shazatron101
5112 posts
Lol Sarah y u do dis!!?? I am still on the hunt, it frustrates me to no end haha. I found the fit me foundation at the big red shed but as I can't match myself on findation I have no idea what shade I am, plus they only had 4 shades to choose from >:( . And I was just about to buy it as idomakeup's review was pretty decent and her skin is oily like mine... siiiiiighhhh guess I won't be! sorry asos lol
Sarahbeautynz
1031 posts
Yeah well I don't think we have any lighter shades in NZ than the one I sent you lol. Hey, if it worked for her, give it a go! I was just talking in a general sense, but there's always exceptions to the rule. You don't wanna get double wear?
shazatron101
5112 posts
Haha you best believe I want double wear, but it's so darn expensive!! Even though I could make it last near a life time hahaha
MareeB
5244 posts
It hasn't happened to me Trudi - I'm just not that adventurous!! I hate it when I use something for a while, love it, then it goes off the market - like some of my old favourite perfumes...
ragingfrog
1289 posts
Escada limited editions released each summer, I  find out after they are gone or even worse when they are not bought out here.
EnyaMUA
1109 posts
My Glamglow mud to foam cleanser... best cleanser I've ever used by far but omg it's expensive.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!