Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Too Faced bought by Estée Lauder!

14 posts, 9 members
MissQT
1547 posts
thought this might interest some of you. I saw this article here
k3r1pakai
1185 posts
They're buying everyone they also bought up IT cosmetics
MissQT
1547 posts
yeah I kinda noticed there was a trend going on, but didn't know about IT cosmetics!
ragingfrog
1289 posts
I remember this trick from when I worked in security. Fastest way to get rid of the competition is to buy them.
I do have a few questions that haven't been answered in the article though, will they make it more readily accessible to us? will the current creators/owners stay onboard and keep it true to the Too Faced vision/principles?
MareeB
5244 posts
I love Estee Lauder!! I don't know if it will help or hinder the other companies tho!
Macs
5351 posts
Yeah I just saw news of it today. I wonder what this brand will do with Too Faced now.
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
I had no idea they bought IT cosmetics as well. I read today about Too Faced and the not so nice comments about it, to go with it :(
MissQT
1547 posts
yeah I'm interested to know if the brand will more or less be kept the same. Was that the animal cruelty comments Amy, because I saw some of that in another article.
k3r1pakai
1185 posts
It's L'oreal whom purchased IT cosmetics & since L'oreal owns estee lauder mac & other brands to me it's one in the same as for the companies policies I know Stephanie Nicole me tinned the companies are looking & in the process of changing their cruelty free belief or stance but where there's no way around it they'll have to adhere to that market said market being the highest demand of Asian countries whom requiron he test be done before products are stocked and sold on shelves but elsewhere they're making the changes. I can't be precise what video she mentions this info but check her out.
BeautyCutie
130 posts
Hmmm I wonder how this will effect ladies who buy cruelty free. Too Faced was previously a cruelty free brand, but now that they're under Estee Lauder who test on animals they might lose a good portion of their buyers. 
MareeB
5244 posts
Yes, it will be interesting to see how they deal with that - it's a very big deal.
Charmmy-Kitty
639 posts
Can't read the article without subscribing, but I'm very curious what changes'll result! It's like a giant blob slowly eating other smaller blobs :D
ragingfrog
1289 posts
Google the title and you will have a number of them pop up.
Thebeautycontext
1768 posts
It seriously seems like Estee Lauder is snapping up a lot of big, amazing brands. Be interesting to see where it goes from here and what other brands they will be buying. 

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!