Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Organic Products

11 posts, 10 members
RachLouise
218 posts
Hi Ladies

My sister in law was diagonised with breast cancer late last year. After 6 months of treatment she has decided to go organic.

What are some organic makeup and skincare ranges and products? Any awesome reccomendations?

x
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Hey chick. Sorry to hear about your sister in law. I hope the best for her. I know antipodes does organic skincare. I have never used it but my friend does and loves it. Also essano does some organic products too. Im sure there are a few out there though. Sorry I can't be more help.
JessB
219 posts
So sorry to hear about your sister in law :( I know that Living Nature has some really great & natural products. I have some of their hand cream and really like it. 
tannygirl
3392 posts
  Sorry to hear that about your sister in law. As far as affordable options that you can easily find at the supermarket. Essano, Moreish and Goodness all have nice facial oils. I actually really like the gel cleanser from Moreish.

If you want to spend on something mid to higher priced there's Trilogy, Oasis and Antipodes. My favourites from Antipodes is the Hosanna Serum, it's not everyone's cup of tea but it's really hydrating if used under another serum or facial oil. From Trilogy I really like the Antioxidant Plus Oil, Enzyme Cleansing Cream and Ultra Hydrating Hand Cream, also really liking the Hydra-Tone Softening Lotion during winter. My Oasis faves are the sunscreen, Apple a Day and Fruit Smoothie, actually I haven't come across a product by them that I haven't liked. If you want really certified organic Living Nature is a brand to look into but the prices are considerably higher, I really love the light texture of everything, it layers so well and quickly, I have alot of faves from that brand.

As far for body I would recommend Sabun Soap, it's just three ingredients and you can't get much more natural and simple than that. For a body moisturizer I think a nice body oil would be as natural as you can get. Other brands to check out would be Andalou Naturals and Dessert Essence on iherb, I found those two to be quite well priced and there are other natural brands on iherb that are affordable. And for K-beauty check out Benton all their ingredients in their products are non-irritating. I really am enjoying the Snail Bee Essence and Aloe Proprolis Gel.
Thebeautycontext
1768 posts
My heart goes out to you and your family x 

Plantae are an amazing NZ brand and their products are great and their products are certified organic. They have all sorts of skin care products from cleansers to toners, moisturisers etc and so far, I have really loved the products I have tried from their range. 

As for makeup, the Organic Skincare Company has some incredibly gorgeous products (their eyeshadows blew my mind) and they have a huge range of makeup. I think each product page tells you the percentage of the product that is organic too which is helpful.
MissQT
1547 posts
Sorry to hear the news about your sister in law! Trilogy and oasis are great brands but are also quite pricy as tannygirl mentions. You can order three free samples off the oasis website and they currently have free shipping over queens birthday weekend. You can often get samples or use testers at pharmacys too. I love the goodness every night cream too, it so hydrating.
Macs
5351 posts
hey rach, 

Sorry to hear that about your sister in law. One organic make up brand is Bella Vi their certified, they have a website too. . Also 100 percent pure is another one that's good. I would love an organic beauty box to be made. I've seen some overseas that sell them but don't ship internationally.
itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
Sorry to hear that. There's also World Organics. And I love Plantae and Antipodes.
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
Massive hugs Rach, to you and your Sister-in-Law xxx I'm not too sure about Organic products if I'm honest, I do like Ethique and Antipodes too.  The lovelies have some great suggestions here though :-)
Beauty88
29 posts
I am sorry :(
RachLouise
218 posts
Thanks so much for your lovely words and reccomendations. Will look into these brands x

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!