Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

NBR Happy Good Friday

48 posts, 10 members
MareeB
5244 posts
Happy Good Friday everyone! what're you all doing? I always think of Good Friday as a day of contemplation and preparation for the renewal and rebirth of Easter Sunday. It's also the prearation time for the approaching winter I guess.
trudijoy
8375 posts
Drinking champagne and waiting to board a flight! Happy easter, ladies x
tannygirl
3392 posts
    Looking at sales online and relaxing. I'm looking for the best sales on what I need and needs I confused with wants.
MareeB
5244 posts
Where did you go Trudi?

Mmmm sales Tannygirl....
tabucutie
1811 posts
This Easter weekend I am working Friday Saturday and Monday. I took Sunday off as I have organised an Easter Egg Hunt and Picnic for my 7 nieces and nephews!
Julieal
915 posts
family coming to stay this weekend so lovely !
MareeB
5244 posts
And daylight saving tooooo ....
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
I am on the west coast visiting my Nana. Heading out for lunch tomorrow. Just having a beer and about to order room service cause I am lazy lol.
trudijoy
8375 posts
I’m in Honolulu Maree :)
tabucutie
1811 posts
That is awesome Trudi! I'm going in June. Hope you have an amazing time!
MareeB
5244 posts
Oh amazing - I'm soo jealous! I'll bet it's gorgeous?
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Nice Trudi! What is the weather like? I'm also jealous!
trudijoy
8375 posts
Ive only been here since 6am Friday (current local time 9pm Saturday) but it’s been everything from blue skies to a thunderstorm (and everything between!). It’s super warm and a little humid but utterly glorious! I just wandered the beach and got the lay of the land yesterday, did the zoo, aquarium, Hilton village, army museum, a couple markets and a hula show today, out to the massive  outlet mall tomorrow then I have three more days. I’m ansolutel loving it, best decision everrrrrr to come for Easter!
tabucutie
1811 posts
That sounds great and a full jam packed day. I'll have to research the hula show, that is something  I definitely want to see while i'm there. Look forward to further updates! :)
trudijoy
8375 posts
Defo recommend the hula show. I might still do a lu’au but this show (I think they get diff groups in as they run most nights at 6 I believe; def sat) is high quality, 100% free and located at a mall (Royal Hawaiian Center in the cbd). This one was like 45 mins of dancing and music, with a guy narrating dance moves and telling the stories that the dances depict. Amazing!
trudijoy
8375 posts
Also the zoo is crazy good and only USD$19. Well worth it, even in the rain!! (Pro tip: bring a folding umbrella lol)
MareeB
5244 posts
Oh wow, that sounds fabulous! I wish I was there too Trudi!
MareeB
5244 posts
My bestie and I decided today that we need to retire to a Pacific Island as NZ no longer holds the appeal it did in our childhoods. Just trying to work out the financial details :(
itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
Have a great time on your holidays ladies.

I've had a nice quiet Easter. We were going away but after spending Christmas in New York, it was nice to just be home :)
tabucutie
1811 posts
That is so cool especially as it's free. I was considering going to the lu'au but I'm a fussy eater so it would probably be a waste of time. So looking forward to the zoo. Good thinking re umbrella hadn't even considered packing one but will add to the list.
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
Oops a bit late but Happy Easter everyone xx

trudijoy
8375 posts
I didn’t think of it and ended up buying one at the ABC mart after dodging rain at the zoo lol.  Went to the outlet mall today and hauled from Victoria’s Secret,  MAC, and Bed, Bath and Beyond, plus picked up some clothes. Easter Sunday though so not everything was open and I’m going back on Tuesday; architectural sightseeing tomorrow ( I love buildings lol)
MissQT
1547 posts
Hope everyone's had a great Easter! Wow Honolulu sounds amazing Trudi. I made hot cross buns this weekend and played some sport in an annual Easter tournament.
tabucutie
1811 posts
Ooh an outlet mall. Sounds like a good shopping day. Hadn't really thought to much of looking at architectural buildings. Might need to do some research into that. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
Ended up back at the mall today because it was pouring with rain
lol. The buildings on my list are palaces, museums, statues etc plus Chinatown, so that’s tmrw planned :)

Bargain of the day - either the two Abercrombie and Fitch sweaters for around $30 NZ or the Urban Decay ‘Kaleidoscope Dream’ palette for around $27
trudijoy
8375 posts
Or the 6 different Victoria’s Secret 5ml rollerballs for under $30 lol
MareeB
5244 posts
I didn't realise they'd have those kinds of Malls in Honolulu, but wow! shopping in a tropical paradise - win all around!
trudijoy
8375 posts
Maree yeah there are loads of ‘normal’ malls, then those clearly geared at japanese tourists. Then there’s Kahala, which is apparently between the cbd malls and the outlets. The outlets are Waikele, which is the designer brands - I didn’t go here (yet lol) and Ala Moana, which I went to twice and is the worlds largest outdoor mall. It’s massive and has alllll the stores. I had a blast spending up in shops I’d never set foot in before!!
MareeB
5244 posts
It sounds incredible Trudi! I'm glad you're having a wonderful time, and I now have it on my list of places to see!
Macs
5351 posts
Happy Belated Good Friday. 

I worked that day . I was happy to spend my weekend down in Tauranga.

trudijoy
8375 posts
Today (among other things) I got to tour the Hawaiian Supreme Court and the Iolani Palace, and eat at the Cheesecake Factory... you guys who are coming here should def hit me up for tips lol. My insta is in my BR bio
MareeB
5244 posts
Those things sound awesome Trudi - Cheesecake factory is the american franchise? I still haven't been to Samoa, and now I want Honolulu too!!!
tannygirl
3392 posts
   Oooh Cheesecake Factory...I've wanted to go there since I started watching the Big Bang Theory. 
MareeB
5244 posts
Hahaha that's how I heard of it too Tannygirl. And I love cheesecake....
trudijoy
8375 posts
Haha yeah I was like ‘this waitress isn’t Penny or Bernadette!!’. Cheesecakes looked amazing but I got less than half way through a huge nachos before I was 100% done lol. They have an amaaaazing menu!
tabucutie
1811 posts
Defiitely keen for tips! I don't have instagram though and don't want to get it. I suppose i'll just use pinterest that is super informative. I hadn't thought about going to the Cheesecake Factory though I know it is a big American food institution. 

I get the feeling I will be eating more than shopping during my stay. Not going to good for the waistline, but it's a once in a lifetime trip I think I will deal. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
To be honest I’ve been walking 30k+ steps a day and getting by on coffee, a couple of snacks and one meal a day because it’s so hot! So I’ve lost weight this week (without weighing myself but I can tell)
trudijoy
8375 posts
Also american portion sizes are out of control. I don’t think I’ve finished a meal yet
MareeB
5244 posts
That's a lot of walking! It's hard to imagine how big the american portions are, especially when you consider how much NZ portions have grown over time. The changes in societal norms are interesting.
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Sounds amazing Trudi! Your holidays always sound so great. Probably why most Americans are overweight! It is actually so hot here today, gorgeous blue sky.
trudijoy
8375 posts
Lisa thanks! I DIY my trips and tend to travel alone so it’s all about ME :D
tabucutie
1811 posts
That's awesome, I imagine there would be a lot of walking. I'm not the fittest person but even I am looking forward to the walking. I am hoping to do a couple of hikes and see the flora, fauna, natural landscape and waterfalls. Have you managed to fit any in during your stay?

I could only hope to lose weight but I am very concerned that  I will be putting on the weight during my 2 week stay. I have seen the american food programmes that show the portion sizes are real big so I figured  I will save some money and me and my partner can go half on the meals.
trudijoy
8375 posts
I didn’t go out of my way for that stuff as I’m carrying an injury but Dianond Head is the popular hike up the volcano that sits on the bay. Honolulu Zoo has amazing examples of both flora and fauna and is a nice, flat, pleasant walk with peacocks roaming etc. I was lucky enough to be out on a viewing point and see a wild turtle playing in the waves which was awesome! I saw a bunch of waterfalls in Samoa but I’m told I’m Hawaii Manoa Falls is worth the day trip
trudijoy
8375 posts
And def opt for sharing a meal and a side at most! I literally didn’t finish a plate while I was there unless I’d just gotten something tiny like the night I had one slice of pizza and a cannoli lol. The beers really good if you’re into craft beer; try the Maui and Kona breweries
tabucutie
1811 posts
I do plan do plan to do the Diamond Head Hike, well attempt would be more accurate :) Manoi Falls,  I shall do some more research thanks for that recommendation.  I am not much of a drinker and can't stand beer but thanks for the suggestion. I'd probably love some cocktails. Haven't researched much about the best beverages to try so will probably look that up.
trudijoy
8375 posts
beauty haul pic on the photowall, btw x
MareeB
5244 posts
Wow that's an amazing haul Trudi. It must have felt like Christmas when you were unpacking!
trudijoy
8375 posts
Yup! So many months of running things down meant I could properly stock up :)

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!