Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

How do you purchase your beauty products?

16 posts, 14 members
Rezee
1964 posts
Do you nearly run out and then go to purchase or do you like to have a few on hand. I think I have slight hoarding tendancies, I like to have backups of everything I use and sometimes can have up to 5 of the same thing just hanging around! I'm not sure why as it is easy enough to purchase things these days, I guess I just have some type of hidden fear that maybe I will die if I run out or something?? lol. I'm like this with everything too, I have like 15 boxes of washing powder, about 8 12 packs of toilet paper etc!!
Farmers-Wife
2052 posts
We'll before BR all I had was mascara and eye liner. So all my stuff is new cause of the reviews. 
Skincare I'd buy something and end up throwing out as I'd react to it. Now I've found a great range, I have ordered before running out and will keep ordering.
i had to laught at your boxes of laundry powder, that was my husband before I met him! But there was like 50 boxes (no exadriating) there were about 8 that,we're full.
we are in the country so I try and have a couple of most grocery items, 30 mins to the dairy is a bit far to go.
michelleburne
229 posts
I definately hoard makeup, skincare and haircare products and never run out......however I do run out of washing powder and occasionally loo paper then make a mad dash to the supermarket 1 minute drive away lol
janeybee83
45 posts
Thank goodness I have my own bathroom because i have a cupboard, a mirrored cupboard and a vanity all crammed with goodies. I have about 6 shampoos that I brought with sets that I have to get thru, and thanks to BR now I have starteed branching out into makeup so am trying a lot on new things based on reviews and reading the forum. So i have no room to double up. :-)
Maimy
76 posts
I generally repurchase when I'm about to run out. Or if there's a really decent sale on the product.
Bird
231 posts
I like to have back up of everything, if its half gone I panic slightly! at least 1 back up of everything I know I will use again, certain foods (coffee) and all the household stuff, soap/toilet paper/dish liquid/washing powder etc 1-2 backups makes me comfortable.
The problem is since joining BR my habits have been changing, instead of finishing 1 product before opening the next I'm ending up with alot of half used bottles of things around the bedroom & bathroom lol..... I've never been much of a hoarder so I'm getting a little concerned I'm turning into one hehe! Surely we are all entitled to some little hoards (collections?) I've figured that if theres room to store it then its sweet as hehe. Its when the house is probably being raised up by the Hubbys useless old computer parts hes "hidden" under the house I think someone has a hoarding problem!
I really have no idea why lol, not like I don't go shopping every week, or live far from town, I just feel like at least if theres some sort of emergency where I'm stuck at home (i.e zombie apocalypse) I have a wee supply of everything I think I need to survive a few days & look good while doing it, I really dont fancy using emergency newspaper or leaves from the garden if I run out of toilet paper after all lol.
HouseOdBanana
350 posts
Thanks to BR I keep hording too! Hahaha! I got plenty of everything but I always make sure I have enough of my go tos! Espcially skin care. I get most of mine from LUSH and the nearest one is an hour-ish away so ya know. 
Angemackie
8 posts
I'm a definite hoarder too when it comes to anything not just beauty products, I replace stuff when it starts getting "low" ( ie half) And if there are sales or the buy one get one free things I do tend to go overboard. Will be stocked up in case of the apocalypse that's for sure!

jessickaxnz
1176 posts
Haha phew, glad I am not the only one who has backups... I have so many ELF backups it isn't funny. I always worry when I don't have a backup for my fave product/s as I am convinced that when it comes time for me to repurchase, the company will magically have stopped making it hahaha.
Cat
474 posts
I gave a few back ups, mainly of my favourite products. At the moment: Aussie shampoo/conditioner/deep conditioner, Michael Todd honey and oat cleanser and about 5 tubes of Pearl Drop toothpaste! 

I don't normally buy in advance for cosmetics as I'm always trying new things but skincare I tend to panic before it finishes, at the moment I'm on a hunt for a good eye cream (I'm using Moreish and can't see how much is in the tube! So annoying) 

Cleaning products are totally different, I have a bursting cupboard!

I shouldn't admit this but am curious if anyone else does this.... I get little moods where I colour code my cleaning products (and if I'm buying skincare or haircare in the same shop) I'll unintentionally buy all orange coloured products. Or red... I dunno what determines the colour lol I realise when I get home I have orange spray and wipe, orange pledge wipes, etc etc. I find it a little concerning! 
Jesse
745 posts
I think too many years of being a poor student (and now being a poor trainee and student again!) has meant I can never really be a beauty hoarder of double-ups. I have stuff I don't use as much, and multiple cleansers/shampoos/moisturisers as a result of not liking a product so much, or wanting to try something new. I tend to only buy a replacement when I'm almost out of something, even then someones it's when I have actually run out, squeezed the VERY last drop out and then wait til pay day anyway. The only thing I currently have a double-up of is Hiruscar, which is only as my boyfriend bought it for me on request and was lovely enough to bring over 2 packs when he was last home. I think I may need to get back-ups of my ELF concealer n primer though because I use them so much and I'd need to order them.
Susilia
484 posts
Cat, that color-buying is so cool! I wouldn't be too concerned about it, it's just one of those things you do for a reason you don't know, we all have these, don't worry!:) (at least yours is really cool!)
lenarose
313 posts
I'm a total hoarder. I have 2 different new mascaras, unopened as of yet in my drawer, always have about 3 different moisturisers, have about 10 lip balms around the place, lots of hand creams. My house is being taken over!
Bird
231 posts
jessickaxnz- lol! I get like that too! but its murpheys law you fall in love with a product and then its discontinued or the company goes bust aye!!! I just realised I have something I neeeeeed to get a good supply of just in case! haha
colleencanary
764 posts
Oh man I need my back ups! My excuse is always, "what if they not available when I run out", "they're on sale so I need to get a truck load". I am so guilty of being a hoarder and having a backup for every piece of makeup I own.
jessickaxnz
1176 posts
Bird and colleencanary Hahahaha I am so glad I am not alone in this!!! Mascara is something I am soooooo bad at hoarding hahaha.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!