Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Happy FriYAY x

41 posts, 8 members
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
Morning BR Lovelies x

Yay it's Friday. Hope you all have an AMAZING day.

I'm off to work for a few hours with two of the Munchkins (got to love school holidays and no babysitters lol) and then off to do some shopping afterwards.

What do I intend to purchase? 

Not beauty related on the outside, but hopefully it will help with the beauty on the inside aka healthy eating lol.

I have been looking at reviews of this product and omg - so need it in my life.

Its called the Veggie Bullet (I already have the Nutribullet and love it)

So what are you lovelies up today?
trudijoy
8375 posts
i hear only good things about nutri-bullet!

As for me it's my first day back at work after my holiday to Samoa so I'm playing email catchup, and sorting things with my assistant for next weeks trip to Melbourne haha. I'm in a moonboot so won't be out and about too much over the weekend and have beauty hauled in duty free already; need to actually rest up more than anything! I do want to buy boots but they will have to wait until my poor foot isn't as swollen and ick.

The Samoa haul featured coconut lotion, soap and lipbalm, a fan, a lavalava, a few hair flowers and a ton of earrings, plus some taro chips and chocolate. The duty free hauls was an eye serum from Benefit, and they gave me a free sample of Hoola tan and one of eye cream, and I got a Victoria's Secret lotion i'm in love with. I also got an UD mascara reviver, basically a serum you apply with a mascara wand to break up mascara clumps. Working on DF ideas for next week now!
Macs
5351 posts
Hey I heard Nutribullet is really good. I'm saving up my fly buys to upgrade. I currently have a warehouse one but it doesn't liquidise well. Especially rolled oats. 

Today I posted a few trade me auctions I had. Then ended up at a book sale. Picked up some books for my kids. My son especially needs help with his reading. I'm trying my hardest to get him up to National standards. 

Will be a quiet night at home. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
How old is your son Macs? You could try Reading Eggs - you can trial it for free but it's one of the better online programmes I've heard of for parents to sign primary kids up to out of school.
Macs
5351 posts
He's six turning 7 in August . Thank you I will sign up when he gets back from his holiday in Tauranga. He needs as much help as I can get.
trudijoy
8375 posts
no worries. reading is important, good on you for looking for at-home options to help him.
tannygirl
3392 posts
    I went to an appointment in town so I stopped by Mecca Maxima on the way home and I tried out the Two Faced Sweet Peach Glow palette. It is more of a natural look that you have to buildup but it showed up fine on my NC25 skin although the counter assistant had to build it up. I also bought some Mario Badescu Drying Lotion which is a spot treatment for pimples. I will write a review on it after I have had my next breakout if it's uploaded for review. 

I'm curious what a lavalava is Trudi?
trudijoy
8375 posts
same thing as a sarong tannygirl - a decorated piece of fabric used as a wrap skirt, dress etc in the islands. mines an ocean-y green/blue with handpainted yellow flowers on it, super pretty <3 I also have one from papua new guinea but they call it lap-lap there
shazatron101
5112 posts
happy friday sarah! did you find what you were after?

my day was quite alright. the sun was high in the sky but there was a chill in the air, with no clouds. indian summer? i went to mitre 10 to get a key cut, because i decided to lock myself out yesterday like the clever monkey i am and i don't want it happening again. i also picked up some plants for barbara the frog, and i caught some flies for him. barbara is a him.

also managed to wash the big blanket in the washing machine, saving myself $8 at the laundomat, winnniiinnnggg!

MareeB
5251 posts
A hard day at work, but now it's over for a 4 day weekend - yahoo!

Trudi I'm so jelly over the gorgeous coconut products! When I eventually get to Samoa I'll need a suitcase just to bring coconut/dilo nut products back!
trudijoy
8375 posts
There wasn't a tonne of it on offer Maree tbh! I got what I got at the airport; a few pharmacies etc in Apia had a bit as did the resort gift shops. It was well priced though and smells divine
MareeB
5251 posts
Really? That's disappointing..maybe there's a business opportunity there for you and me :)
trudijoy
8375 posts
It's very much a developing country so I guess only the super touristy places like resorts bother Maree. Most places I went still had hand painted signs, and up in the villages they live on very little. Was a surprise to me too until I sat back and thought about it. The markets are crammed with gorgeous textiles and jewellery and knick knacks though, and I did see a lot more coconut oil than anything else, I just didn't trust it in my luggage
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
Yikes, so I finally picked it up, ahhhh so excited to start spiralising zucchini and carrots and turning them into noodles.  So long pasta and spaghetti, onto new and healthier things.

Ooooh sounds like some good days you've had girls x
MareeB
5251 posts
Thats sounds amazing mumof3, I'll check it out. I'm trying to become vegan so the more ways to make vege interesting the better!
MareeB
5251 posts
Oh, I didn't think of that either Trudi. And coming from the south, coconut oil is a solid product but I imagine it's a liquid product in a suitcase in the islands! I soo can't wait to go, I've dreamed that I've been walking around there for years now, feeling the heat and feeling the peace, so I feel like it's my destiny :)
Macs
5351 posts
That's exactly where I'm heading too Maree. I building myself up to becoming vegan as well.
trudijoy
8375 posts
maree yeah, i'd always wanted to go and it's ridiculously interesting as a place. I had two days where i could really only be in the hotel (Samoa closes on Sundays and public holidays) which was great because I properly relaxed!

My schedule in the end went:

Friday - fly in, drinks by the pool
Saturday - wander around Apia, markets, swimming, drinks by the pool
Sunday - pool party at the hotel
Monday - Palolo Deep marine reserve, swimming, drinks by the pool
Tuesday - hired a driver and car for the day, went to the Robert Louis Stevenson museum, the Bahai Temple, Papapapitai Falls, Sinafei resort, To Su'a Ocean Trench, Lalomanu Beach, Sopoaga Falls, the Samoan Cultural Village and the Museum of Samoa.... then swimming and drinks by the pool
Wednesday - checked out and got a free pass to the sister resort to my hotel (Aggie Greys) - so spent the day alternating between pool, private beach, other private beach, restaurant and bar, until i wrecked my foot and spent the last couple hours in reception watching the sun set over Savai'i and waiting for the shuttle

and FINALLY got over my body hangups and spent almost the entire week in a bikini (with shorts and a singlet or a sundress over in places where bikinis alone aren't ideal.  like temples and the plane.  My tan is killer and my confidence is sky high, i'm quite proud of myself to be honest!  I've spent years 'knowing' that i'm 'not bikini ready' then i just put on the bikini and went for it and you know what?  noone else cared.  In fact, I got hit on wearing a string bikini.  so YAY!
Lisa-Lou
2681 posts
Trudi sounds amazing! Haha I like the drinks by the pool part. Good on you for rocking a bikini! I think you are beautiful and I know what it is like to lack confidence so am glad you are feeling amazing!
trudijoy
8375 posts
thanks Lisa! I have some amazing pics where I have zero makeup on and my hairs a mess and i don't even care, which is awesome haha.

The drinks were pretty cheap especially because the bar staff only remembered to have you sign for them about half the time - I tipped to cover any shortfall half the time because I know how little they're paid and I didn't want it coming out of wages. But even at the resort local beers (Samoan beer is great!) were about $5.50, and cocktails were $11 - $16.50 ish, and they were huge, and good (and strong). I think I only had two glasses of wine (my usual tipple) all week and only one and a half lattes because i was so relaxed that i didn't need coffee haha.

The food was pretty average though, except for panikeke (little crunchy round donut balls) and taro chips.
tannygirl
3392 posts
Sounds like a really lovely tropical short vacay, Trudi. I'm glad you let go and had a really good time.
MareeB
5251 posts
It's hard going Macs, but I'm working on it. I just made a tray of dairy/sugar free chocolate. It's coconut oil, cocoa, vanilla, and cinnamon. Soften the oil, add everything else, mix thoroughly to remove any lumps, add any nuts or seeds or dried fruit that you like ( the fruit will add sugar tho) place on baking paper on a tray in the fridge to set, then keep in the fridge. A small amount is sufficient to kill any chocolate craving plus eating coconut oil is good for you :)
MareeB
5251 posts
That sounds so relaxing Trudi, and good on you for just relaxing into it and wearing a bikini - I bet it looked great. It must have felt so liberating to be free and relaxed and peaceful :)
trudijoy
8375 posts
Honestly Maree I was so very relaxed and happy the whole time. You should see the pics, it was seriously paradise. Just put a pic on the wall of the lotions etc I did buy.... I kinda wish I'd risked the gorgeous candles in the carved out half coconut shell... my only regret
MareeB
5251 posts
Oh those products look gorgeous.
shazatron101
5112 posts
you will just have to go back Trudi :P 
trudijoy
8375 posts
Def on the cards Shaz ;)
Macs
5351 posts
I tried making a batch of bliss balls but they tasted horrible Maree. So I ended up buying two pots of Tom and Luke's Cacao balls I tried from the Green Expo to curb my sweet cravings. Had a bad day today with eating . Aprils been no good eating wise, exercise is excellent. I never give up . 
MareeB
5251 posts
I tried making bliss balls once too and they were horrible. The chocolate works. I used to make little balls ith carob and nuts but I can't remember how I bound them together now. April's been horrid for me too. Easter derailed me and heaps of terrible food lying around at work and home :(
MareeB
5251 posts
Oh Macs, the choclate recipe also has 1/2 cup of maple syrup. I don't use it but you might find the chocolate bland without it.
Macs
5351 posts
That's what I didn't put in Maple syrup . I think I put too much coconut oil in. I put sunflower seeds, dates, almonds and cacao powder and peanut butter. I got the ratios wrong. Definately try the syrup.
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
MareeB the Veggie Bullet is on special at the moment at Briscoes and Farmers.

This is the video that got me hooked lol.

I also managed to pick up the Dessert Bullet too (I have a serious obsession for the Bullet products don't I ha ha ha) on Trade Me for $37.00.  The Dessert Bullet replaces icecream and naughty desserts and makes and helps the sweet craving but a way healthier version.  I so sound like a walking advertisement lol.

I have put links in so if anyone is interested, they can check it out.  I'm obsessed.

Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
Ooooh MareeB that recipe sounds good.

I've been good with my healthy eating and have cut out all pasta, rice, bread, sugar, kind of Paleo style with my own kind of customised take on it and have lost 3kgs this week.  My stomach is less bloated and is actually started to look more flat and I have so much more energy.  I've been up since 7am which is totally unheard of for me on a Sunday morning lol.

Going to make some bacon and poached eggs for breakfast soon.  Having freshly squeezed lemon in the morning is really good as it cranks up your metabolism for the day.

MareeB
5251 posts
Wow - 3kg in a week is amazing mumof3! I'm doing a similar thing. It started with the 8 week blood sugar diet, which I did for 15 weeks, and now I'm more working on being vegan. It's so true, I feel much better too usually, and feeling rubbish now because I've fallen off the wagon for the past few weeks. Trying to get back on though! One really good thing that worked for me, is replacing black tea and milk for green tea. I was drinking gallons of black tea because I love it, but the milk isn't so good.
MareeB
5251 posts
Oh, I looked up the vege bullet and am thinking about it. Most of what I eat is raw but that probably isn't realistic over the winter! Thanks for the video link, it's very tempting.
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
We're all human hun and are bound to fall off the bandwagon now and again xxx Small steps are better than taking massive steps that we know may not be easy to stick to.  Just remind yourself how good you felt when were being good, that's what I always do because I get a few cravings. I've been making protein icecream and protein dessert which is high in protein and super low in carbs.  I also use a macro calculator to help me stay on track.

I was good (the like the first time ever ha ha ha) and only had an easter chocolate bunny and cream egg and that was me and since eating healthy I actually haven't craved any which is a huge thing for me as I'm a sucker for chocolate and anything sweet oops lol.

You can do this hun xx
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
Happy Sunday hehe. Friday and Saturday have been fun days with the kids and packing. No purchases have been made by me! :)

Hope everyone has had a good weekend xx
Macs
5351 posts
3 kg is a lot to loose. well done. 

Struggle is real. Four months I've lost 17kg. This month is my worst eating wise. Hopefully I would of cleaned up my eating by May. I still have 20kg to get to my goal weight. 

Yesterday was my market day I always shop for Tofu and fresh produce. Today Did some cleaning. Did all my windows and curtains. Then went to Pick a Part again with my partner. My uncles passed away yesterday so I'll be heading down to Whakatane . Be down there for a couple of days. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
Me te poouri tino nui Macs

17kg is a lot to lose though, go you.  My next holiday is looking like Brisbane in July so I'm thinking 10kg by then will be doable.  I'm happy as I am (hell I just spent a week in a  bikini lol) but I have a bunch of clothes that are a bit little atm that i'd like to wear again :)
shazatron101
5112 posts
Omg! Bliss balls are the easiest thing in the world to make, honestly. As long as you have the base of dates and oats, the possibilities are literally endless. I made some chocolate ones and some banana cake ones, omnomnom. 

The best tip I found was to soak the dates boiling water. That helped to soften them and make them easier to squish and make into a "paste" I guess - then I just added seeds, oats, coconut and cocoa (you could probably even put chocolate drops in) and they taste just as good as store bought :D 
Macs
5351 posts
Whakawhetai kia koe Trudi xx

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!