Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Bridal Beauty - anyone have any advice??

7 posts, 4 members
JessB
219 posts
Hello lovelies, my wedding is in a few weeks, I've been making sure I'm on top of my skin care regime for it, but I was also wondering whether anyone had any beauty-related advice for the big day?

Thank you in advance!!
MareeB
5254 posts
Ooooh that's exciting Jess! I thought I could get away with my shoes being a little small ( I couldn't get them in the right size) bad idea, my feet hurt all day!
tannygirl
3392 posts
   My sister just got married this past Sunday and one thing that took  a lot of unnecessary stress off was that she and a couple of my sisters hired someone to do their makeup for the day. Unless you are going for an uber simple blush and mascara look, hire someone with a professional work ethic and a decent ammount of experience to do it. It's just not worth stressing over getting your falsies on or your winged liner perfect on what's supposed to be a happy memorable day. Plus the makeup artist has an idea of what photographs well and lasts all day. And I would say the same about your hair too unless you are going for a simple hair do. We did a simple look for her and straightened and curled each others' hair but if you want something more fancy hire someone to do it, it's just not worth stressing over. 
tannygirl
3392 posts
   Oh and get your nails done the day before when the polish has plenty of time to set and dry to a hard finish. You need your hands for the big day and it's nice not to have to touch up your nails 20 minutes before you've got to get in the car and head to the venue. 
tannygirl
3392 posts
   Have a plan B for your hair that you know looks nice with your dress, in case say your really straight hair that you have curled sort of goes flat and limp after awhile. Have some bobby pins, q-tips and stuff with one of your bridesmaids or a little bag somewhere so you can freshen your makeup up a bit throughout the day.
Lisa-Lou
2681 posts
How exciting Jess! Congratulations. I would keep the day as stress free as possible. Do a practice run with both hair and makeup so you know the look you want. Have a wee kit so you can touch up during the day. Most of all have a brilliant day with friends and family x
JessB
219 posts
Thanks guys! The plan is to do everything ourselves, but keep it really simple. Actually having the run through this Sunday which will be nice. I've been looking up YouTube tutorial videos for simple DIY bridal makeup to help. 

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!