Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Best full coverage concealers?

14 posts, 14 members
shanley
23 posts
Hey everyone so I've been trying to find a great, full coverage holy grail concealer and I thought, what's better than asking you guys?! I haven't used many, really only the lasting perfection concealer from collection cosmetics as it's light enough to match my skin (bare in mind that I'm very pale!) and it's also cheap, but i don't mind splurging I just want to make sure it's a good product first! So what are your holy grail concealers? :)
ChristieMJ
358 posts
I think a lot of MAC face products are overhyped however their prolongwear concealer is actually amazing - full coverage without being cakey. Bobbi Brown makes great ones too. ] Other ones I've heard good things about but not personally tried are; NARS radient creamy concealer and hard candy glamoflauge. Try reading some of the reviews on here to see if you can find one that fits your needs :) 
Kia
550 posts
I've also heard really good things about the NARS one, problem is they are so difficult to track down in NZ at an affordable price. If you do manage to find any, help a sister out 
Sylvia
149 posts
I second the MAC pro longwear (pretty sure I mention this in basically every post on here haha). It's seriously amazing, non-cakey, and doesn't crease under the eyes, at least on me. It has very high coverage, although I think that there are some like the Collection one which have higher coverage, but the good thing about pro longwear is that it can be layered easily. It's not actually that expensive (about $40) given that it lasts forever... I've had mine for over 10 months and I still have over a third of the bottle left. Plus it comes in heaps of shades. I'm really pale also, and NC15 is light enough for me to use under my eyes which is awesome. :) Hope that helps xx
kayxcake
422 posts
I have tried a little sample of the NARS creamy concealer in Vanilla (I am NC25 MAC for foundation), even thou the sample only lasted me through four uses, I am absolutely in love and don't mind spending a huge amount on it when I have $ (grr spent too much lately >.<)..

You can always go into Mecca Cosmetica or if you don't have one close to you, call in and ask for some samples and they will happy help match you ^^ ~

I have also been using the MAC Pro-Longwear Concealer, it was first introduced to me by a close friend and after that I've seen a lot of youtubers raves about it so I decided to try it. One little bottle last me soooo long and it is full FULL COVERAGE! I love it but I can't stand the smell, it smells like dirty wash clothe >.< ewwwww and I am really not used to using a pump for concealer.. I end up wasting too much if I push the pump too hard. 
Mila
1209 posts
For some reason I feel like most concealers seem to slide off my face for whatever reason.  I have tried so many and some that say they are full cover but for some reason they slide away or just dont sit on my skin (dark circles is my issue).

The only thing that I have found that works is mineral foundation either with a finger or a concealer brush and dip into product and just press into the area seems to cover up instantly and lasts on my skin :)
Shazzaali
45 posts
LA Girls do GREAT concealers and they are dirt cheap as well. Full coverage and stay on all day. DressYourFace uses this all day errrday :P
cushlaH5
178 posts
the only concealer that has worked for me is mac pro longwear. most brands dont have a wide enough variety of colors to choose from. im nc30 and i use nw25. it perfectly corrects my under eye circles,it slightly brightens and lasts all day! its definitely my holy grail!
Jesse
745 posts
I second the LA girls recommendation, it's awesome! Kirstysays sent me a tube and I use it for my under-eyes every time I wear make-up, really great bargain buy.
1139 posts
Kirsty sent me an LA Girl concealer too and like you Jesse, I also love it! It's so good at covering red spots on my face when my skin decides to break out. 
Stelle90
120 posts
I have the collection cosmetics concealer and it is great! Provides full coverage and I've heard it's very comparable to MAC's pro long wear concealer.
teeshm
4 posts
For a reasonably priced and easily accessible concealer, I really like the Maybelline Fit me concealer. Its great coverage for me both under the eyes and on blemishes, blends nicely too. I've seen it's been compared to the Nars creamy concealer but I haven't tried the Nars.

The Collection concealer from Countdown is not too bad either, very limited colour selection but works particularly well as a highlight type concealer
Lutece
1849 posts
NYX HD concealer!!! I use this instead of my Mac Pro long wear concealer
Rezee
1964 posts
I use the Nyx hd concealor too, I like it way better then the collection one. I've never tried a high-end product to compare it too though. I think I need to try this  l a girl one now, sounds really good.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!