Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

What supplements do you swear by?

75 posts, 47 members
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
Lol, Colleen.  Heck yeah, we need to get more lovelies onto this fantastic stuff.  Maybe we should all try it at the same time and see what results we get he he he.
colleencanary
764 posts
A Barley grass bootcamp haha....
See how you like it and then we'll add some positive peer pressure for the other lovely ladies to try it ;)
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
Definitely hun, sounds like a plan.  Will probably pick some up on Thursday.  How long after taking it did you start to see/feel results? Sorry about the million questions lol.
Lutece
1849 posts
Floridax is an amazing iron supplement in liquid form so its easier to absorb, which reminds me, i better buy some more!
colleencanary
764 posts
Ask away!! I love it!

Been taking it for about a year now. To be honest I didnt really feel any revelatory results while taking it, I just felt good and less tired.
It was only really when I was slacked and didnt it religiously that I felt like I had no energy and when I started taking it again my energy was back to being normal again.

I hope that makes sense to you? I was waiting for this super natural burst of energy in the beginning to be honest but only really knew it was working when I didnt take it.... :) Probably confused you even more hahaha.
Chaotic82
522 posts
I like the sound of the boot camp  ;)  Think it might be something I need to try too!!
colleencanary
764 posts
Awesome!! Sarah we have a new recruit ;) lol
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
Chaotic82 fantastic, anybody else? he he he

Ha ha ha Colleen, yay, think we've started something now lol.  Didn't manage to pick any up today but will definitely be picking some up tomorrow.
jasz74
15 posts
I take evening primrose and centrum advanced daily.

I'm also looking for a protein powder to add into my brekky smoothies - I've been told to incorporate more protein into my diet and eat less carbs/sugars. But it's proving to be very overwhelming with all the choices and most of them seem to be full of sugary sweeteners and chemicals which is what I'm trying to avoid, plus with a sensitive belly, need to find something that wont bloat etc.
Mila
1209 posts
I take a B Complex, Magnesium at night (this has been a lifesaver!)and Zinc.  I never really thought they made much difference but these three have been life changing ha ha :) 
Lutece
1849 posts
iron tablets never worked for me so I started using Floridax which is like a liquid form it helped a lot :) 
StayClassy-xo
240 posts
My regular go-to vitamins are Vitamin B Complexes, Centrum, Spirulina Plus (includes kelp & alfalfa) which definitely boosts my energy, and Glucosamine & Chondroitin - this makes a massive difference to the strength of my joints at the gym. 

I also really like Balance Physique Body Tone protein powder!  It has a lot of vitamins added also, including green tea extract and garcinia cambogia extract.

I don't take these all, all the time, it gets expensive!  But if I could I would consistently take Centrum, Spirilina Plus, Glucosamine and Chondroitin, & added protein powder.

It sounds like I should get some fish oil tablets too, those are popular on here by the looks :)
PaigeC
194 posts
I take magnesium at night if I am struggling to fall asleep, just calms down the body and I definitely find it works.

I also take Vit B occasionally (although I don't swear by that one- I bought it to boost energy I think but haven't noticed a difference so now just take it occasionally to use them all up)

I also have Flaxseed oil tablets (do I swear by these? Na probably not, I just heard that things like fishoil/flaxseed are good for you)
chelseaadelaide
703 posts
I work in a pharmacy so I am lucky to get a whole stack of supplements free.. although I am terrible at actually taking them! I am vegetarian so I take iron tablets and vitamin C. I also take magnesium, a Good Health 'stress supplement', and a B Complex. The B Complex is the one that I find makes the most noticeable difference to my stress levels, energy and just general mood. xx 
RC
162 posts
I use Magnesium for sleep and muscle repair; iron for energy; and Vitamin C as needed for immunity. Am planning on starting with Biotin for hair growth and and a complex B as well.
Kellie
570 posts
Can anyone recommend a supplement to help boost skin healing?  I'm being bitten alive this spring, and I'm a naughty scratcher, but for some reason the skin is taking forever to heal (even the bites I left alone have gone all dark and refusing to budge).  I'm also having issues healing my last bought of cheek pimples.  Maybe it's because I'm getting older?  Is this another curse of the aged?  ;)
h_anna
4 posts
Kellie I find that Biobalance collagen capsules help heal skin faster :)
Kellie
570 posts
Thanks for that h_anna :)  Funnily enough I've just rung a company about their collagen capsules today as they contain marine collagen, and if salmon is in the mix I can't take them as I'm allergic to that particular fish.  If it turns out their product isn't for me I'll definitely look into your suggestion xx
Macs
5351 posts
Interesting read. Im gonna have to try a couple of these. Anyone ever tried Puraz Collagen tablets or anything similar to that?
Macs
5351 posts
Interesting read. Im gonna have to try a couple of these. Anyone ever tried Puraz Collagen tablets or anything similar to that?
neninoir
210 posts
Im terrible at taking pills but i do take magnesium for sleep. I also have a smoothie most days with Meca, Mesquite, Lucuma and Cacao powder. :) All are nutrient dense and provide a heap of vitamins and minerals ( and taste amazing) I use Lifefoods brand :)
MareeB
5247 posts
I've tried the Silberhorn Collagen tablets MACS, I found them really good. Then I went to silica for some reason, but find it really good too. Silica is probably a little cheaper.
MareeB
5247 posts
I've also used hair, skin and nails of various brands. The clear front runner is Nature's Own Balance Glow  - I've recommended it to other people who have also loved it. Annoyingly my local Countdown isn't stocking it now so I've bought two other brands, neither of which comes close sadly. The Natures Own brand is quite cheap on their website anyway, if anyone wants to buy from there and try it. I highly recommend it.
Julieal
915 posts
Magnesium & Zinc -I find I sleep better and magnesium stops leg cramps.
[color=#291b29]Interested to see what supplements you swear by, if any at all?[/color]

[color=#291b29]Do you take supplements on a regular basis? Or do you have a supplement that is your savior in times of need? Let the ladies know here, it might be of help to someone!

I am taking USANA Essentials.

I want to take it every day but I sometimes forget. I usually remember to take it when I don't feel well. It makes me feel better.[/color]

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!