Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Weight Management

21 posts, 20 members
karenmarie280
88 posts
Have you tried any of the so called Miracle Pills?
There has been so much hype over things like African Mango
Raspberry Ketones or Green Coffee Beans do they work?

xjayloux
900 posts
A lot of the things that pop up online are actually scams so you have to be really careful when looking at the free trials etc..

I havent tried any of the pills as i believe there is a) no guarantee of safety in consuming the product and b) there is no safe quick fix.. It will either be short lived or unhealthy.

What i can recommend from personal experience of myself and others i know is watching sugar and artificial ingredient intake.. There are so many nasties in so many food and supplement products.. Sugar and fat free options are basically just chemicals which have no place in our bodies.. and can increase apetite and weight gain.. not to mention what they are doing to our insides and the diseases they can cause.

One of my tips would be switching to stevia over sugar or artificial sweetners (which are a big problem for a lot of people) stevia is 100% natural, its actually a plant and is 300 times sweeter than sugar in its natural state.
gtsgrl
169 posts
I'm embarrased to admit it, but I have tried some of those pills.  What a waste of money. 
I should have taken my own advice and startred eating less, that actually works.  I've also heard that they are possibly dangerous for you
I do have one more comment to make Karenmarie - You look amazing in your photo, you don't need to lose weight!

pixie_stylz
228 posts
When it comes to weight loss i don't think there is a magic little pill. In saying that others may have found a pill that they have had a great experience with . Here are my tips anyway.

#1 Drink plently of water.

# Have a fruit smoothie for breakfast. Almong milk is a great low fat milk to add to any smoothie.

#Have a handful of nuts as a snack . this will give you energy. Keep a few in your handbag so you don't get caught out. When your out.

#Eat fish at least once a week. Its low in fat , and high in omega 3. Which helps to break down fat. If your not a big fish eatter , try fish oil tablets.

# Brush your teeth after snacking. This will prevent you wanting to reach for something else .

#Once you have had your dinner try avoid having carbs in that meal. And don't eat anything else after dinner. Your body needs time to break down food before you rest. Plus you will get a better night sleep

#During the day try green tea. Don't have energy drinks. Green tea is packed with energy not sugar.
Nishu
374 posts
excellent advive pixie_style.. agree with all the points above.
My 2 cents: I seriously beleive the weight pills do more harm than good. They are not tested in labs for their safety and no one knows their long term risks.
Not trying to bash you up for this, but seriously,with weight management there should never be any short cuts.
What has worked for me is eating every 2 hours, even if I don't feel very hungry (just a lil), never over eating..stop before you start feeling full, always plan what you will be having in the next meal (that avoids all the junk eating) and basically never feeling guilty over what you have just eaten. Its about respecting food and eating healthy. Home made is always the best.
karenmarie280
88 posts
Oh thank you Gtsgrl,
Thank you all for your ideas and opinions,
We all know deep down the only way to achieve and maintain an ideal body weight is through healthy eating and moderate excersise.
I was really wanting to find out how we are all reacting to the marketing of these products, the ads are almost viral these days
I have always been sceptical of these ads and thought it was something we all see all the time & I have noticed that they use the same old testamonials but change the product names.
I don't think it is anything to be ashamed of trying, but if we can get info on them through a forum like this we can help people save money and as is sometimes the case stop scams from affecting our fellow reviewers.

beautyandlouise
102 posts
My faves are just green tea pills, they higher your metabolisim and are good for you! + Drink lemon water and green tea xx.
Aliceb_22
5 posts
Fad diets are exactly that, a fad. They aren't good for you and results don't last. Unfortunately the key for weight loss isn't simple, it's hard work! Work your body out to a level you can handle and try cut out any highly processed food. 
RachelM
345 posts
Don't believe any of he supplements work, it boils down to eating healthy and exercise
LisaE5
447 posts
I agree with what Rachel said, weightloss is exercise and food in moderation. I have seen Slim Tea that Healtheries makes and I was wondering if that has anything special in it or it is just the same as herbal/green teas that boost your metabolism?
MissAimeeJean
267 posts
I think in the modern world that we live in, where there seems to be chemical 'enhancements' in almost everything that we consume, it seems quite dangerous (for me personally!) to take diet pills and supplements. I have been reading a lot of literature on the effects of chemicals on and around the body, and it is amazing to read how all these chemicals can really cause havoic in the body. I love all the advise given in this thread, and totally agree with you all. I think that diet pills purchsed over the counter at a pharmacy or at your local supermarket can't be a very healthy alternative to eating well and exercise.  Also another thing to note is that you don't want to lose weight fast and have it creep back on even faster. I think fad diets and pills have a tendency to (if they actually work at all) allow people to lose weight fast, and because the regime is so unnatural to what the body is used to and how the body naturally functions, weight gain is inevitable. Stick to the healthy eating, sleeping well, and regular exercise!
sophiegibson12
23 posts
great advice, sadly I gave into thinking there was a miracle pill.
What i find works well is if you keep yourself busy, I have been doing this by knitting while I do things, this keeps your hands buys and out of that lollie jar!
lauraann
2 posts
i haven't tried any weightloss pills but i have seen one called skinny fibre. it clams to be all natural, claims to make you feel full so you eat less. has anyone tried it???
lenarose
313 posts
Most weight loss pills that are just sold on the shelf are a waste of money, I would never bother. There are the ones that you can get from the doctor but I wouldn't use them either.

There isn't a huge amount of actual research into metabolisms, and spending money on things to boost it is probably just going to lead to disappointment.

Weight loss is a pretty simple science - consume less energy than you burn, and you will lose weight. Although, actually practicing this is the really difficult part. If you're looking to lose weight, cutting your calories is a more sensible and affordable way of doing it.
sunelizabeth
410 posts
Well said lenarose, I wouldn't go near diet pills. Shudder.
hughes_dre
229 posts
I've recently been going to see a chiropractor/kinesiologist for various reasons, and he's put me on a specific diet to help me with my sweet tooth (whilst getting my hormone balance back on track - which is the bigger picture).

I've started taking apple cider vinegar twice a day (4tsp mixed in water) and I have noticed an almost instant change in my eating habits.  The purpose of it is to reduce sugar cravings (because no matter what form of sugar you eat, whether it be natural glucose/fructose or otherwise, it's still sugar) and I've lost about 6kg in 5 weeks, just from not eating anywhere near as many sweet foods as I used to.

I still exercise, I still eat fruit every now and then, but it just goes to show that no matter what type of sugar you ingest, it's still going to turn in to fat.

Weight-loss pills contain some ingredients that are highly addictive so they can be dangerous.  I've never put much stock in them anyway.  Some of my colleagues bought the Mango pills and it's honestly a placebo effect.  You THINK you can see changes, but it's a load of balls.

Changing your eating habits and exercise really is the only way to maintain a healthy weight and healthy body.
deville
42 posts
I have heard great things about cider vinegar so am interested in your results as I also have a sweet tooth and find after dinner the hardest time.  I will try this to see if my sweet eating is curbed.  Many thanks :)
Heather
79 posts
I wouldn't go near weightloss/diet pills, ever. I strongly believe the only way to lose weight and keep it off (healthily) is to eat well and exercise regulary. Often people who start taking supplements like that will lose the weight whilst on the pills and then gain it all back once they stop taking them. I believe if you're not changing your whole lifestyle (long term), it's not going to last.
jennie_pennie
27 posts
i admit that i have tried some products out there and i too wasted my money(now learnt my lesson) :L garcina cambogia is good for keeping the weight off though but still its better to just eat healthy and exercise.
Angell
182 posts
The only thing "diet pills" are good for is getting high (if you drink enough of them). They're bad for your health and might help you to get rid of weight, but as soon as you stop drinking them you tend to pick up more than what you've lost. Eat healthy and move your body. If you're not a gym or running person, don't worry. Just walk. As much as possible. And if you have babies / little kids, play with them often (up and down) and your muscles get to work more and tone your body.

Now, if there's a miracle pill on the market to gain weight, I'll be the first to try it hahahahaha.

But seriously, stay healthy and lose weight the healthy way. Might take a bit longer, but so much better for you :)

Good luck!
Ive tried those apitite suppresants before. I just tried the blackmores brand ones from the supermarket. They seemed allgood to me. After about four or five days i had to stop taking them because I didnt like that i didnt have an appitite at all.  In saying that everybodys different

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!